shape
carat
color
clarity

Underside of RHR Band too thick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
My RHR has diamonds inset on the top (around 7 brilliants) and is a round white gold shape. The band width is an even thickness and circumference all around. When I tried it on it felt fine, but now that have it at home it just feels to bulky underneath (on the palm side IYKWIM). I really like the overall style as viewed from the top of my hand, but the bottom is just a bit thick and bulky. Picky, Picky, I know, but I cant help it, it just feels a bit too thick. The question is is it possible to get the bottom part of the ring altered and made thinner and less bulky, could they do that, or would they have to reset the whole band.

My ring is similiar to the following

except that the top half has one row of 7 brilliants set into it and the bottom half of the band is just plain. The whole band is about 4 mm in width.
Any feedback from any one who has done alternations with regard to what is possible would be great .

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 3:32:54 AM
Author:D2B
Hi
My RHR has diamonds inset on the top (around 7 brilliants) and is a round white gold shape. The band width is an even thickness and circumference all around. When I tried it on it felt fine, but now that have it at home it just feels to bulky underneath (on the palm side IYKWIM). I really like the overall style as viewed from the top of my hand, but the bottom is just a bit thick and bulky. Picky, Picky, I know, but I cant help it, it just feels a bit too thick. The question is is it possible to get the bottom part of the ring altered and made thinner and less bulky, could they do that, or would they have to reset the whole band.

My ring is similiar to the following

except that the top half has one row of 7 brilliants set into it and the bottom half of the band is just plain. The whole band is about 4 mm in width.
Any feedback from any one who has done alternations with regard to what is possible would be great .

The best thing would be to ask the jeweler who made the band if that is possible. In case it is not, see with him if you can return it to him and get a refund or if you can exchange the ring with another design that suits you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are tapered bands around everywhere...since the bottom of your band has no stones, I''m wondering if they could just file it down for you. Might as well ask.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think that they could file the bottom since there are no stones. I know what you mean...I can wear thicker width on my left hand more comfortably than my right. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results