shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1 ct. Center + Heirloom Band

Anise

Rough_Rock
Note: Niel requested this in the "Under 1 ct diamonds" thread, so here it is. Thank you for the warm comments Niel!

The engagement ring is the "stock" ring my FI and I ended up going with after our failed custom attempt (documented last October and November). It is ironically nothing like the custom ring we attempted to have made (I still think the idea would make a fantastic ring, but I love what I did receive).

Ring size for the engagement ring is 5.75; the wedding band is slightly larger - probably ~6.0-6.5
Center stone is .72 ct, VS2, H. Total weight for the engagement ring is ~1.11 ct.
Don't know the total weight of the wedding band; it's two rows of 7 melee-sized diamonds. The band is a family heirloom.
Both rings are in platinum.

img_4614.jpg
img_4607.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That's gorgeous. Can you post a hand shot too?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your ER setting! Hope there will be lots more pics!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful e-ring!!! Would love to see closer shots of that baby. Glad that all the drama can be behind you and you have two gorgeous rings to show for it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah yay!!!!! :love: :love: gah please post more, close up, finger, some on a flower or something, i want them all! :lol: :lol:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the setting of your ering!

Anise

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the kind compliments!

I wanted to wait to have the ring professionally cleaned and then take 'nice' photos, but then I realized it would take months for me to get around to it!

So here are a few crappy cell phone shots. Please excuse the bad at home manicure! :cheeky:

The next time my fiance buys flowers for me I'll get some flower shots.

_6657.jpg

_6658.jpg

_6659.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Anise your ring is exquisite! So feminine and flowy :love: Forgive me if I missed a previous thread, but this is based on the Debeers Adonis rose correct? Is it the Debeers ring?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic design!! it is so feminine and flowy (good description woofmama!) and pairs perfectly with your heirloom band!! Beautiful set- I hope you can share more pics with us, its so unique - I love the setting!

Anise

Rough_Rock
Hi Woofmama! Yes, this is the DeBeers Adonis Rose ring. The matching band they make for it is absolutely exquisite as well; my fiance mentioned he might get that for an anniversary present some day!

The next time I get it professionally cleaned I'll be sure to dig the SLR out and add more photos!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I :lickout: it!! Please take more pictures and treat yourself to a manicure - you deserve it!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take a handshot of both rings together?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Anise|1369693539|3454679 said:
Hi Woofmama! Yes, this is the DeBeers Adonis Rose ring. The matching band they make for it is absolutely exquisite as well; my fiance mentioned he might get that for an anniversary present some day!

The next time I get it professionally cleaned I'll be sure to dig the SLR out and add more photos!

Beautiful!!! I thought it was. I've looked at the band before as well. It's gorgeous!

FYI-Most of us use Dawn dish washing liquid mixed with a little windex in warm water with a soft baby toothbrush. Let it soak, give it a liitle scrub, rinse and wipe with a soft towel. I clean my rings about 5 times per week. Only had them professionally cleaned once in the last year. Jeweler said they were the cleanest rings he ever saw, :))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tee hee - with 4 kids and assorted pets, my hands are in Dawn and Windex all day anyway!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your setting! Such a pretty ring!

lotusguy

Rough_Rock
Hi Anise and board!

My first post..! Have been reading and am grateful to have such a great resource to call on before buying an engagement ring! I know I am a little late on this post, but I am looking to buy the Adonis Rose ring from De beers. I have seen it in store and think it is stunning. I was a little worried about the thickness of the shank however.

Can I ask how thick the shank of your ring is?

I am pretty clueless at this how thin is too think a shank in relation to durability? I have been told than anything below 2mm is considered a little too thin?

Look forward to your feedback on the Adonis Rose and shank thickness....

:)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful!!

Lotusguy, yes, I would stick with 2mm and up.

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ering is so unique and lovely :love:

lotusguy

Rough_Rock
Would I be right in saying that the Adonis Rose shank is a lot less than 2mm? Looks like 1.5 - 1.6mm to me...Really thin and delicate finish.

Would this pose a problem?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results