shape
carat
color
clarity

under 1 carat OEC/OMC/antique cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys,

Where would you go, if you were looking for an old-cut stone, under 1 carat in size (probably ~5 mm spread, if I can get it in my budget), for a project?

Also, if you were looking for a smaller stone, which cut would you choose: OEC, OMC, or an antique cushion?

kimi

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All 3 cuts are lovely in that size, but an OEC is likely to face up a hair bigger than an OMC/Cushion, so that''s something to consider. Other than that, though, it''s a matter of preference. An OEC may be easier to find - it''s more challenging to find OMCs and Cushions with a nice make, symmetry, pleasing shape, etc. Certainly possible, but nice OECs are a bit more abundant.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I found my .48 OMC just by fluke on the PS diamond search. I knew it was an OMC because amazon.com has scanned GIA certs with the pics of the diamonds. Weird, huh?
1.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Sunny D - your stone is gorgeous. If I remember correctly, you bought it through WF?

If it helps everyone, I''d like to set this stone in Van Craeynest''s 812/912 set (inspired by LIB''s recent trip to SF). I thought it was just darling. I''m trying to figure out what would look the prettiest in this setting - a slightly elongated stone, like a Cushion or one of the more irregular OMCs, or an OEC?

VCvisit_request_102.jpg

Also the stone in the set is larger than I would want - I''m looking for the ring to be part of a stack. I think LIB said this one faces up around 6 mm and the ring itself is about 2 mm. Maybe around 5 mm?

kimi

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Another shot of the set

VCvisit_request_104c.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that set!!! This is my favorite ebay vendor!! $579

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Yes, I got it though WF.

That set is beautiful! I''m picturing an OEC in it, but they''d all look nice! Some help I am...
2.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 10:51:35 AM
Author: sunnyd
Thank you! Yes, I got it though WF.

That set is beautiful! I''m picturing an OEC in it, but they''d all look nice! Some help I am...
2.gif

Sunny, you''re no help at all ;-)

When I spoke to Larry he preferred a OEC. Or a rose cut. I hadn''t even thought of a rose, somehow that goes either very modern, or almost Georgian.

Keep those stone suggestions coming! Thank you all so much for participating in my project.

kimi

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE! Van Craeynest is sourcing my stone for me through a local diamond broker. They actually managed to come up with some great prices.

Sunny - I am looking at OECs. Larry felt that the look (the antique round) was the right one to match the ring design.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Can''t wait to see!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
That setting is beautiful! Can''t wait to see pics.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful setting - such delicate, intricate details. I think an OEC will look lovely in it. Can''t wait to see how it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results