shape
carat
color
clarity

Un-glass SLIPPERS ... purty pls.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fell down my basement steps last week
7.gif
... luckily nothing was quite as bruised as my pride! But I''ve realized that my well-loved, very worn leather-bottomed house shearling slipper boots need to be replaced with something "grippier".

I work at home mostly - so I spend a lot of time in comfy warm slippers. Wood floors + cold house = need for WARM SHOES. But I, a NEWLYWED
12.gif
, wish for something a little cuter than the elven suede furry ankle boots I''d BEEN wearing. Yet all the "cute" ones are low cut or SCUFFS which won''t work for stairs. My ankles crave warmth. My tootsies crave style. My aching, bruised bones crave STABILITY & TREAD.

Help me o'' Pricescope Shopping goddesses! Any Cute/Warm/Indoor-Outdoor slipper tips you can share???

honeybee

Rough_Rock
Have you tried uggs? They are super comfy & warm, and have a variety of soles to choose from (ie soft foam or a firmer rubber). If you are looking for a more economical, but nearly just as good version, Costco recently started to carry their own version of uggs. Now I am normally more of a go w/ the name brand kinda girl, but these costco boots are awesome! (I have a few pairs of real uggs, and these are just as comfy & almost as durable). Both companies make them in a short boot (mid calf-ish height) and a tall boot (high calf height) and have a soft foam sole which is comfy inside and outside. I am absolutely addicted to uggs, I been wearing them since I was about 6, so, for sure before they were popular, and they are just the comfiest and warmest shoes you will ever wear. Also , I love walking around the house in a nightshirt and my tall uggs, I think its super cute, and for some reason so does my BF
17.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:19:36 PM
Author: honeybee
Have you tried uggs?
Ahhhh Uggs! Yes! I do love them so. But those are my "fancy goin out" shoes.
9.gif
11.gif
25.gif
I have the tall black suede ones ... my brown pair was lost in a "shoe repair shop closed & took all the goods" fiasco.
39.gif

I checked out the UGGs slipper section last night & they''re probably my best bet ... I''m so torn though cause the warm ones are fuglier than the less-warm, more low-cut ones that come in pretty colors. Hmmm.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the UGG slippers and just love them. I got a pair last year in purple and this year just ordered the sand...go for the uggs, who cares if you have an outdoor pair too
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the UGG "Bella" ... which is kinda cute but not ankle warming. Easy to slip on & off .. not a backless scuff that''s dangerous for stairs ... but not exactly sexy.

uggbella.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the Ugg "Shelia" ... exactly what I NEED ... exactly how I wish it didn''t LOOK.
3.gif
14.gif
11.gif

uggshelia.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is a suprise contender ... from the "real outdoor boot" section ... yet slipper-like. The Ugg "Crochet" ... avail in other colors too ... like cream or french blue ... same shearling footbed but kinda cosy & lighter than a full suede boot for around the house. And hmmmmm.... I COULD wear it out too ... and I don''t have my Chocolate Uggs anymore ... hmmm....
31.gif

Whaddaya think Glam Squad?

uggcrochet.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehehehe.....i kinda like the crochet...it just says ''cozy''

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:31:02 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I have the UGG slippers and just love them. I got a pair last year in purple

Ooooh! Are these yours Mssalvo? I call these "the cute kind" too ... I''m only concerned about the scuff back on all the darn wooden stairs around here...GROAN! I''d tolerate ankle chill for these snugglies!

uggcoquette.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:42:46 PM
Author: belle
hehehehe.....i kinda like the crochet...it just says ''cozy''
I know ... it''s growing on me. Not so easy on/easy off but ... cute in a weird way! Here''s the blue (also avail in very cute cream & a hot orange ... but the cream would get so dirty & orange-um-no way)

bluecrochet.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Damn you, deco!!!! Now I''m researching slippers online instead of doing work!!!!!
3.gif
I had my old ugly slippers (as in my fiance says "which ones?" and I answer "the ugly ones" or, alternately, "the ones you hate") and I was okay with that BUT NOW I WANT CUTE ONES!!!!! I''ll let you know if my search turns up anything good!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:52:42 PM
Author: albicocca
Damn you, deco!!!! Now I''m researching slippers online instead of doing work!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
Join the club sistah! HEE!

Okay now I''m loving these too ... Cole Haan lipstick red suede pom pom dealies. Squee! But $125 smackers!

colehaanredslippersneimans.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the crochet ones are kinda cute!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 1:52:42 PM
Author: albicocca
3.gif
meeeee too!
40.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
could you wear the cute mocs with socks?
9.gif

to keep le ankles warm and still have the look you like.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 2:05:54 PM
Author: belle
could you wear the cute mocs with socks?
9.gif
maaayyyyybbbeee ... but then I wouldn''t feel the squishy soft shearling on my tooootsies!

Found this version & can''t decide if I love it or hate it! HA!
25.gif

colehaananimalslipper.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the ones belle posted!

I have something pretty ugly, but I don''t care! We bought them when I went to Oz to visit TGuy a couple of years ago. They are so cheap over there! I''ll see if I can find some things for you a bit later today. I actually have tons of work to do today, so I am afraid of what will happen when I start looking for ya...hehehehe.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 4:13:00 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Damn, couldn''t resist...

Oooohhh! Sleek! Almost mink-y ... tempting!

(ps -- I like Belle''s first suggestion too but they are SO similar to DH''s house slippers I was hoping for something a tad more femme ... either in color or design or ... SOMEhow!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
deco, the purple one''s you posted are like mine..I have carpet so I can''t say how they are on wood stairs. I like those crochet ones you posted too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are the soles...they got acorns on ''em. What more do ya want? (plus they are only 19.99!)

F_77492_3.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, are you okay? I fell down the stairs once (I was going down the stairs too quickly and not paying attention). It was horrible. I didn''t break anything but was in pain for at least a week. I still remember the look on DH face. I made that loud of a sound tumbling down. Hopefully you are not as sore as I was.

Good luck on your new slipper search!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhh...If it''s sexy you want...Hehe. guess I''m not too much help!
10016_lrg_a_6700.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 7:52:24 PM
Author: Miranda

10016_lrg_a_6700.jpg
Hee hee! Deco, I think Miranda is trying to kill you!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 7:19:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Oh, are you okay? I fell down the stairs once (I was going down the stairs too quickly and not paying attention). It was horrible. I didn''t break anything but was in pain for at least a week. Hopefully you are not as sore as I was.
Yeah ... I''m fine now but it hurt so much at the moment (right butt cheek & shoulder -- from catching myself) I was a big ol'' baby about it. My DH was chuckling the next day when he saw what I was SURE was a bruise the size of a football ... and it was just a little teeny one
3.gif
. I''m still a little creaky over a week later & way gun shy on stairs!

A couple days before that my mom fell backwards while mowing the lawn & broke her arm! She''s got a huge cast etc & they were talking about surgery ... so I felt particularly silly with my major-injury-free tumble-oriented-whining!
25.gif
(She''s okay too BTW -- probably won''t need screws/surgery! ... just antsy to get back to her normal activities/wardrobe
2.gif
)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 7:54:49 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 11/27/2006 7:52:24 PM
Author: Miranda
10016_lrg_a_6700.jpg
Hee hee! Deco, I think Miranda is trying to kill you!
3.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
9.gif
Miranda, do you have a life ins. policy out on little ol'' moi??

(Must hide this image from DH ... I''m hoping he doesn''t know the likes of THESE exist!
11.gif
)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 8:08:31 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 11/27/2006 7:19:09 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

Oh, are you okay? I fell down the stairs once (I was going down the stairs too quickly and not paying attention). It was horrible. I didn''t break anything but was in pain for at least a week. Hopefully you are not as sore as I was.

Yeah ... I''m fine now but it hurt so much at the moment (right butt cheek & shoulder -- from catching myself) I was a big ol'' baby about it. My DH was chuckling the next day when he saw what I was SURE was a bruise the size of a football ... and it was just a little teeny one
3.gif
. I''m still a little creaky over a week later & way gun shy on stairs!

A couple days before that my mom fell backwards while mowing the lawn & broke her arm! She''s got a huge cast etc & they were talking about surgery ... so I felt particularly silly with my major-injury-free tumble-oriented-whining!
25.gif
(She''s okay too BTW -- probably won''t need screws/surgery! ... just antsy to get back to her normal activities/wardrobe
2.gif
)

Okay, just making sure!
2.gif
I landed the same way (from trying to stop the fall and protect my head). I am just glad I fell foward and not backwards. I am sorry to hear about your mom! What a PITA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results