shape
carat
color
clarity

Umbalite Garnets And Mahenge Garnets

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What is the different between umbalite garnets and Mahenge garnets? Since these garnets are new, I don't have much information. Their colour looks similar to me. I have never seen these two stones. Which one is more beautiful? Which one has higher RI? Which one has more fire? What types of garnets do they belong to? Thank you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I ordered a pair of umbalite garnets (type of rhodolite) from Jeffery Davies' website (not his ebay store) last week. I have not received them yet, but when I ordered them, there were a few mehenge garnets and umbalite garnets in stock. The mehenge were lighter, more pink and the umbalite garnets were more of a pink/purple mix. He had pictures and videos of all of them, so it should give you a good idea of the differences. Rhodolite garnets from different areas will look different from each other depending on their almandine/pyrope mix. For example, if rhodolite from one area had more almandine than pyrope they would look different from rhodolite with a higher pyrope content from another area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results