shape
carat
color
clarity

Um, what is this?

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a branded cut called a crisscut original cushion diamond. Christopher Designs sells them .

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a step cut cushion and very similar to the branded ones by Christopher Designs, but I don't think it is. You can confirm by requesting the GIA report.

The James Allen one is on the left, and a crisscut cushion by Christopher Designs is on the right:

1576104194095.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a crisscut - dunno if it's actually a branded one or just a similar cut. It looks a little deep to be an actual crisscut.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
How cool!

I kinda like it...but not sure about performance? Also it looks suuuuuper deep.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I do not quite know what to make of the video - the stone lights up at a slight tilt, with flash following dark reflections, the gradation of gray on facets face up reads as brighteness too. I can be wrong.

I have not checked if the size is remarcably small for a cushion given weight & price - deep can be bright over a greater tilt than shallow stones.

2c

Last edited:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Tiffany Legacy is the most well known of this cut type. It is a mixed step and brilliant cut. Asscher on top cushion on bottom. They are truly amazing when done well.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are a little similar to crisscuts but they do have a different facet design. I have seen a couple of these in person and they are prone to having quite a bit of darkness under the table. They have large bands of contrast and and seem brighter on the crown rather than through the table. The ones I saw had quite a bit of leakage too. I thought the best viewing angle for them was tilted rather than face on, but at the right angle they were pretty and bright. I ended up returning mine though, in favour of a different cut which suited my light return requirements better.

Reactions: AV_

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!

I kinda like it...but not sure about performance? Also it looks suuuuuper deep.

Not sure the depth because of JA's option to hide certs, but spread measures at 5.53 x 5.30 with a 1.04 L:W ratio. An ideal cut 0.90ct round measures around 6.20 x 6.20, so she's definitely carrying a some extra weight in her depth.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I thought the best viewing angle for them was tilted rather than face on, but at the right angle they were pretty and bright.

This sounds unusual! The stone must have been hugely deep... @Serg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This diamond is gorgeous (to my eyes, at least)! :love:

I‘m not interested/buying, but did get my hands on the lab report just out of curiosity. The diamond measures 5.53 x 5.30 x 3.64 mm; Table: 62% & Depth: 68.7%. And the only inscription noted is that of the GIA #.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think these look pretty here (except for Crisscut) but IRL I am not a fan of special cuts other than the Otavia. IRL, I am disappointed when I see these. But I have not seen Octavia IRL. Waiting for Kenny to loan me his for a bit.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think these look pretty here (except for Crisscut) but IRL I am not a fan of special cuts other than the Otavia. IRL, I am disappointed when I see these. But I have not seen Octavia IRL. Waiting for Kenny to loan me his for a bit.
Get in line ;-) :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results