shape
carat
color
clarity

UGH! I gave away my proposal idea.

focusr3

Rough_Rock
Ok so my best friend and girlfriend have been together for 8 years and he finally wanted to pop the question. I had already purchased an engagement ring for my girlfriend but didn't want to ask her until he proposed because his GF knew he had bought a ring. Anyway I was helping him plan and gave him some ideas. Well I was kicking around ideas with him and told him I was going to use music for some help. Well he used my song without knowing so now I feel like I should have said don't use the song. So the question is can I still use the song I was going to use. Me and my GF where the secret photographers and videographers. So she was there if that helps with your decision.

kpcascio

Rough_Rock
That really sucks! Your friend should have come up with his own idea instead of stealing yours- that's pretty lame of him. I think your GF would be really disappointed if your proposal was exactly like his regardless of whose idea it was, especially since she saw his. Hope you can think of a new idea- if it were me I'd be bummed if it was the same thing. There are lots of cute ideas out there though so don't be too sad. Have you considered something fun like the ring on top of a cupcake or in a book or something simple like taking her to your favorite spot and reading her a love letter or list of all the things you love about her? Also, just curious- what song was it???

focusr3

Rough_Rock
Re: UGH! I gave away my proposal idea. I got new idea Help!!

Well I can't blame him I just said use music to help set the tone he had the song playing in the back round private setting.

I had planned to sing her Train - Marry Me.

I have a very different proposal concept very public over the top lots of friends and family. I was already getting things together. I think I am just going to have to use the Bruno Mars marry you song. But I feel like it has been done everyway possible. I also am not a singer and the train song is the only one I have been practicing. lol

My only other thought is to hire a photographer to act like they are just taking pictures of couples for there portfolio IDK make up some story about wanting to get into wedding photography because they have only been doing children blah, blah, blah. Then have them ask us some questions like where did you guys meet, first date, etc. because I gave them the questions I could spit out the answers fast. Then have them ask how long have you guys been married I will pause let her say oh we aren't. Then get down on one knee give my speech and ask her to marry me.

She does want friends and family to be present so that might be hard with getting them there unnoticed. Any suggestions

I want to get this all together in the next 2 weeks.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I like your photographer idea!! As for getting her friends/family there, could you have a party for some other type of event to invite everyone too, and have the photographer there? Or have them hiding there if you go with the original version of your photographer idea?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results