shape
carat
color
clarity

Two upgrades: a shapphire and an emerald cut diamond

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
I never intended to upgrade either my sapphire or my diamond but ended up doing both this year. In December of 2020 I saw a beautiful large sapphire ring posted on Instagram. I managed to track it down and was able to purchase it in January/February of 2021. It is 9.38 carats, Sri Lankan (Ceylon), and heated per GIA. Side stones are just over 1 carat total. The emerald cut diamond was an upgrade just before Christmas. I went from a 5 carat plain solitaire to a 6 carat with tapered baguettes. It is GIA K VS1 and baguettes are a half carat total. I plan to have the setting remade in platinum and the prongs refined but otherwise this is it for me on diamond and sapphire upgrades. I sold a ruby ring that had not gotten much wear for a few years to fund the diamond upgrade. I am having a horrible time taking pictures which don't do either justice. I also apologize for my swollen dry fingers (ugh) and also the yellow walls which are a terrible backdrop for diamonds.

20211228_144531.jpg 20211228_144539.jpg 20211228_145609.jpg 20211228_144556.jpg 20211228_144307.jpg

Attachments

• 20210112_141500.jpg
    20210112_141500.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 42

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! They both have really nice proportions, really helps the center stone to pop!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Tapered baguettes are perfect with a giant EC imo, and more real estate (whole carat more) to keep clean:bigsmile:. Enjoy!

Did you keep the 5ct? I also miss seeing your other sapphires!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are so so gorgeous!!! :kiss2: I’ve always loved your collection! Congrats and enjoy!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! I am drooling on the floor! Can you tell us which IG vendor you got the sapphire from? This is to die for! Congrats!

The emerald cut diamond is heavenly! I adore the setting!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two classic, elegant, and gorgeous rings. Congratulations!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Neptune thanks! I do love emerald cuts. I have admired yours as well and also that beautiful pear shape emerald you own. Both look lovely on your hand.

I did not keep the 5 carat. I really loved that stone and had not planned to upgrade. I had planned to reset it with baguettes at some point in the future but then this opportunity presented itself.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@AuntKiki I see you are part of the step cut fan club too. Yours is beautiful. I really love the side traps. Such a great look.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Sprinkles&Stones so it is sort of a long coincidental story. There is a jeweler that I buy from fairly frequently. A couple of years ago I was looking for an emerald but he did not have any that I was interested in buying so he gave me his NY colored stone supplier’s website. I ended up looking through the sapphires instead and fell in love with this one. It was out of my range at the time so I never had my jeweler bring it in for me to see. Then, last Christmas I saw it posted on the link below (posted by another jeweler). I knew it was the same ring without a doubt. So I called my jeweler just to check. He called his supplier and confirmed that it was the same one and just on memo to the other jeweler. Their buyer fell through so my jeweler brought it in along with a few loose stones and I ended up buying the ring that had caught my attention a couple of years ago.

If the link does not work, it is baileysfinejewelry. I will say that this is not my jeweler so I don’t know much about them but they do carry pretty things. I follow hundreds of jewelers on Instagram so it is a small miracle I recognized it. The actual supplier is not a retailer and I don’t think they are on Instagram. Their website is not set up for retail.

@Sprinkles&Stones so it is sort of a long coincidental story. There is a jeweler that I buy from fairly frequently. A couple of years ago I was looking for an emerald but he did not have any that I was interested in buying so he gave me his NY colored stone supplier’s website. I ended up looking through the sapphires instead and fell in love with this one. It was out of my range at the time so I never had my jeweler bring it in for me to see. Then, last Christmas I saw it posted on the link below (posted by another jeweler). I knew it was the same ring without a doubt. So I called my jeweler just to check. He called his supplier and confirmed that it was the same one and just on memo to the other jeweler. Their buyer fell through so my jeweler brought it in along with a few loose stones and I ended up buying the ring that had caught my attention a couple of years ago.

If the link does not work, it is baileysfinejewelry. I will say that this is not my jeweler so I don’t know much about them but they do carry pretty things. I follow hundreds of jewelers on Instagram so it is a small miracle I recognized it. The actual supplier is not a retailer and I don’t think they are on Instagram. Their website is not set up for retail.

I love hearing these stories when a piece was meant to be yours.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s what I call a dream team! Congratulations on those beauties:appl:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats on your new bling! What a way to ring in the New Year!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

What an amazing story!! I love it!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Such a cool and fantastic story. Bailey's did a great IG post too.

Are you still looking for THE emerald? :))

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
That emerald cut is my dream ring! It’s beautiful! Wear it in good health!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are such a delight to my eyes! :love:Top-quality gems of this size are so perfectly showcased when the settings are simple and classic. Well done!! Bravo! :clap:

ETA: I'd love to know your ring finger size? 8)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazingly beautiful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow and Wow, both absolutely stunning :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Both gorgeous! Congrats!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah Nellie! Both of your new rings are GORGEOUS!!!!!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Neptune sadly I did not get an emerald. I was close. I had it narrowed down to 3 (thread below) but waffled for awhile. At this point, 2 of them definitely have sold and possibly the other as well. Now I am thinking of finding a square emerald and an asscher cut diamond to make something along the lines of the toi et moi ring Jackie Onassis wore. It would be different from any style I have ever owned so that might be a fun future project.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both absolutely amazing! Gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa is right!!! They are both magnificent!!! Love them both! Sapphires are my favorite colored gemstone, too!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
@Neptune sadly I did not get an emerald. I was close. I had it narrowed down to 3 (thread below) but waffled for awhile. At this point, 2 of them definitely have sold and possibly the other as well. Now I am thinking of finding a square emerald and an asscher cut diamond to make something along the lines of the toi et moi ring Jackie Onassis wore. It would be different from any style I have ever owned so that might be a fun future project.

Exciting! Emerald is my favorite CS. Showing you an additional design option by Kwiat, a more streamline and boundary pushing setting. It's glorious imo.

kwiat.jpg

You seem to have a good jeweler to work with. Maybe ask him/her to call in a few Colombian ones since you’ve already looked at the Zambian material? You have an extended jewelry collection and are experienced to know what you do and don’t like, trust your gut.

Happy hunting 2022!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results