shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new Tahitian strands

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I received the two new Tahitian strands I bought at the recent jewellery fair in Singapore. Posting the pictures. All photos taken indoor under incandescent white light.
First is a 10-12mm mixed colored Tahitian with quite a number of pistachios and I think purplish pearls.

20131023_0.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Same strand under white light. This strand looks particularly good with my skin tone cos the colours pop when I wear them

YC

Brilliant_Rock
This is the aubergine strand... well at least that is the colour I saw at the fair though now I see a fair bit of greens. But I guess pearl colours change under different lighting. This strand is a darker than the first. More graduated at 9-12mm

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot of it. Sorry for poor lighting. No time to photograph these when the sun is out.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I will try photographing themagain under natural lightning when Ifind the opportunity. So difficult to image Tahitians. I am very pleased with them. Feel like a million dollars when I wear them

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC|1382536021|3542876 said:
I will try photographing themagain under natural lightning when Ifind the opportunity. So difficult to image Tahitians. I am very pleased with them. Feel like a million dollars when I wear them

Oh will love to see their colours under other lighting conditions. The overtones look really really interesting on both strands! Don't forget you have a pearl photography home studio right here in Singapore, ahem... :Up_to_something:

Have you worn them out? Any comments? Bet if I see you in those pearls (and with those pearl rings!) I'll think you are a tai tai. LOL. :D

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I have worn them on different days. No comments yet....:nono: I am not surprised cos not virtually all around me do not fancy pearls.
Sad to say, being a tai-tai is not an option for me but I have no problems with working. Gives me some pocket money to buy more pearls ;-)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats and enjoy wearing your lovely new strands!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your new strands. It's always fun to select pearls in person.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Attempted to photograph these pearls unsuccessfully till I tried to create my own 'white tent' with a white paper box and my baby, well more like toddler's cloth diaper. So here is the result. This is the multicolored strand which is mostly green and not too dark. The colours are not exact but that is the best I can do given my lack of equipment.
Will post more pics later.

20131025_1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Some closeups

YC

Brilliant_Rock
One more

YC

Brilliant_Rock
This is the darker strand and is very hard to photograph accurately. I see lots of aubergine overtones but only the green body colours r captured.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The darker strand

YC

Brilliant_Rock
T.

20131025_071428-1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Last pic. The strands look a little similar on the photos but there are differences in body colour and overtones.

20131025_071632-1.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
YC: I would like to get your advise on getting my pearls set locally. Can you pls drop me a note at amodularlife AT hotmail DOT com? Many thanks! If you prefer to PM, I'm on The Facet Lounge with the same nickname.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Both look pretty, the aubergine overtones come through in that photos. I know how hard it is to catch the colours..mine just look grey when I photograph them. ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results