shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new pieces done

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
First up is a necklace in 14k yellow gold featuring a pear shaped rubelite cut by Ben Kho. The necklace was made by TC Jewelers.

First picture in the box.

kiz-rubelitenecklace2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Another box picture.

kiz-rubelitenecklace3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
On my hand.

kiz-rubelitenecklace4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Profile shot

kiz-rubelitenecklace5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And finally a neck shot.

kiz-rubelitenecklace1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Second. I set that wee blue sapphire I got from Master Cut Gems. I totally stole Chrono''s split shank setting idea for this one. This one isn''t as nice as her''s but I think it still came out looking pretty.

kiz-sapphring1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Hand pic.

kiz-sapphring2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Another hand pic

kiz-sapphring3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And a close up. I forgot to add above that this was also put together by TC Jewelers using stock Stuller findings (basket and shank).

kiz-sapphring4.jpg

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Those are some lovely new pieces. I particularly love the rubellite necklace. What are the stats on the stones?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely pieces. I particularly love how the rubellite''s color jumps off your skin in the neck shot.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love the rubellite necklace. It looks great on you. Nice color and setting on the sapphire. Do you think you might wear that ring stacked with other rings?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
love the necklace! Great setting!!
36.gif
I have never seen a split shank with an emerald cut stone in it and I really like that too! It was a great way of making the stone seem much larger.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!!! I''m so jealous of your new goodies Kismet!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love both of them! The colour of that rubelite is gorgeous, and the EC set east-west is KILLING me! Lovely colour, and the setting idea is perfect!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are really pretty! The necklace looks like rasberry jelly
18.gif
I also like the east west ec setting This gives me an idea of what I can do with a few I have laying around.
28.gif

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both pieces are gorgeous! I love your tear drop pendant!!! what a beautiful design!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely pieces Kismet!!

cheers--Sharon

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What lovely pieces!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Very nice Kismet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Great colors on the gemstones too.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Really nice pieces! You especially nailed it with the choice of setting for the ring, it suits the stone really well for both color and cut. Interesting design of the necklace too.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Both of your new pieces are lovely, but the ring really caught my eye! I also have an emerald-cut sapphire set east-west in a Stuller ring setting, but not with split shank though. Looking at how the setting showcases your sapphire beautifully, I kind of wish I had gotten split shank for my ring too!

Congratulations and enjoy them in good health!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rubellite is collet set? It’s lovely in yellow gold and the colour just jumps out. I’m flattered you like my EC setting enough to duplicate it; I think it sets off the stone very nicely.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Both are lovely!
36.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 6:42:58 PM
Author: AustenNut
Those are some lovely new pieces. I particularly love the rubellite necklace. What are the stats on the stones?

Thanks! I don''t have the measurements but the rubelite is a 1.3ct stone and the sapphire is .72 carats and is 5x4mm.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 7:40:39 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Love the rubellite necklace. It looks great on you. Nice color and setting on the sapphire. Do you think you might wear that ring stacked with other rings?

Thank you! Eh I might but of my small rings (2nd, 3rd and 4th from the left in my sig pic) only 1 fits on my ring finger. The other two are too small and need to be resized. I tried it on with the demantoid in rose gold but I didn''t overly care for the look.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 7:46:00 AM
Author: Chrono
The rubellite is collet set? It’s lovely in yellow gold and the colour just jumps out. I’m flattered you like my EC setting enough to duplicate it; I think it sets off the stone very nicely.

Yes it''s collet set. He did a really nice job on the bezel and it makes it look really big too. Yours is a ring that''s worthy of imitation. :)

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And thank you TL, Sarah, MTG, LTP, Arcadian, D&T, canuk-gal, princessplease, Gailey, marcyc, mr. ma re, singingbell and kribbe for your kind words.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Both are lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results