shape
carat
color
clarity

Two new pearl projects

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my third-time's-a-charm golden south sea pearl earrings. 1.95ctw K VS1 / VS2 diamonds - one BGD Signature, one James Allen True Hearts. Setting is 18kt yellow. Pearls are 11mm. Earrings are roughly 1" in length.

20190915_124708.jpg

And here's a new charm for my charm bracelet; an akoya pearl set in 18kt yellow gold. This little guy is floating above some rough waves but surviving nicely; symbolism from my friends, who had the charm made for me, after some health issues this year. A nice, positive, memory. :) I'm including a few photos of the whole bracelet which is slowly being put together with custom made, unique charms. Most expensive way in the world to get a charm bracelet, but it's an intensely personal piece of jewelry. I had about 5 more charms to go, then I'll take a breather on it.

20190915_161719.jpg

20190915_161625.jpg

20190915_161402.jpg

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous earrings @mrs-b, I really love them, so elegant and classy.
A beautiful Pearl Charm too, how kind and wonderful of your friends especially with the sentiment attached too to add to your ongoing bracelet.
Enjoy!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Very cool, and the pearls are lovely. Do you mind my asking where you got the pearls for your pieces?

I love the GSS earrings too - very refined. And I'm shocked at how white-facing that diamond is.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love how high end the pearl earrings are, and the charm is such a thoughtful gift from your friends. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Hounddog, @amoline and @LisaRN :))

I agree - I think the pearls look very classy and not 'bitsy', if you know what I mean - they were just a tad out of proportion before.

And amoline - YES! Don't those diamonds face up white!! Originally, I set one of them in a ring, but pulled it out when I couldn't stand the side tint. The way they look now is a testament to what a contrasting bezel setting can achieve! The GSS pearls came from David Klass and were a one-off pair he bought at a trade show. I've never seen GSSs in quite this shade before and in real life they're even more spectacular. The akoya came from Pear Paradise.

As for the charm - I cherish it. Pearls are my birthstone, and they stand for tears but also long life. A cancer bout of any proportion will give you plenty of one, and a whole lot of hope for the other, so they really were perfect for this project. I love that she's bouncing - indomitable! - above the rough seas of life. :))

Thanks for your kind comments! :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your pearl earrings mrs-b, you have such a great design eye!! The shade of gold in your SSP matches the gold in your setting beautifully. I would love to see a side shot, does the pearl hang from the back of your ear lobe? They look perfect!:love::love: And that charm is a perfect depiction for beating a cancer scare!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @sarahb :)) The color is the most glorious thing about them. They were hand picked by David Klass for their luster and color. Absolutely stunning.

The pearl is directly beneath the diamond studs, so, no, not from the back of my ear. It's on a calibrated chain which slips onto the prong at the back of the stud. I'm planning to get it permanently attached, tho. I'm double checking this time, to make sure the length is perfect for me. I *am* very happy with it, tho, so I'll get it attached permanently to the prong shortly.

And I love that charm, too. It was such a special gift. :kiss2: Thank you for your kind words.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
these are lovelly Mrs-b
really stunning
enjoy

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Well done!

kikoko

Rough_Rock
Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!Those are incredible! Really really gorgeous!!!!!!!1

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds, @caf and kikoko!

Those earrings really are the bomb! I can't capture the color very well, but the lustre is something special and the color is deep.

I have to say, I love my little pearl charm more and more as the days go by - she's just so pretty! :))

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I love your new reset of your pearl and diamond earrings! Just beautiful, classy and such a glamorous combination! And I LOVE your charm bracelet - very cool that they were made custom. I love the starfish and the diamond dangle, of coarse the pearl dangle and I love the cupcake - life is sweet!:love: I would love to hear more about each of the charms and why you chose but no pressure because I know that takes time. Enjoy your earrings and charm bracelet :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @bling_dream19! :wavey:

So. The meanings behind each charm, going left to right....

1. The prism is for a series of books I wrote called 'The Prism Series'

2. A manta ray, brought back from friends who vacationed in Hawaii one year. I was meant to go, got sick at the last minute, didn't go - so they brought me back a charm. :))

3. My 'floating above life's difficulties' charm,

4. Christmas gift from a girlfriend. It has an OEC in the corner and is quite thick and surprisingly substantial. Not your average dog tag thickness - at all.

5. My holly charm - in reference to my name - which *isn't* 'Holly' - but which is close.

6. A cupcake - in honor of my lifelong addiction to cake!!

7. A gumnut and gumleaf - in honor of Australia.

8. A daffodil, made with gold from the Clogau St David's mine in Wales, from which all the wedding rings of the royal family are made.

9. A diamond box-set bar. Five 5pt OECs. Love this one!!

10. A US passport, honoring my becoming a US citizen. The date of my naturalization is on the back. Bought by some lovely PS friends, in fact!

11. An acorn - from a US friend, symbolizing the beginning of my new life in America

12. A diamond-set starfish. Bought in the Whitsunday Islands - my favorite place in the world - by my lovely husband and set with EC diamonds!

13. A red enamel and diamond charm, set with an OEC in the center. This one is engraved with the date I met my best girlfriend in 1976, and was a Christmas gift from her to me.

14. A solid gold apple - because nobody and nothing beats the big apple!! DH and I lived in NY for 12 years and he worked on Wall St for that time. We still miss it and probably always will. This little apple has enameled green leaves. :))

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok I LOVE them even more! Thank you mrs.b for sharing the meanings! That's what charm bracelets are all about. So cool about the daffodil being from the same metal as royalty! And the red friendship charm is so special. The diamond bar is just gorgeous! And I agree nothing beats the big apple! I love to go there every 1-2 years and see at least 2 shows and eat delicious food!
I used to have a charm bracelet and very sadly the one time I've ever had my house cleaned...they got my charm bracelet and a few others. I was naive. I now rarely let anyone into my home and I have security measurements in place.
Back to the fun, I LOVE your charm bracelet and thanks for sharing the meanings:appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am LOVING those earrings, so fresh & modern!!! :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @bling_dream19 :)) I'll share the finished product when I'm done. It's going to take a little while yet, but hopefully in the next few months or so.

And thanks so much, @GliderPoss :wavey: They're a joy to wear now!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw this thread now. @mrs-b - this brought tears to my eyes reading the symbolism behind the charms. Thank you for sharing. And I want to know how it came to be that you got gold from Clogau St David's mine in Wales? That sounds like an interesting story =)2.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I loved the first iteration of your GSSP earrings, these are really splendid. And your bracelet is really cool. Fresh take on old school "charm". Wear them in health.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @canuk-gal :wavey: This iteration of the GSSs are getting much more wear. Small jewelry just isn't my thing.

And I'm LOVING my charm bracelet! It's a lot of work, tho, and a REAL lot of money. I was planning on adding 2 Tiffany charms and thought I'd be done at that point. but the first one came and it was terribly flimsy and not NEARLY worth $700!! So back it went, and I won't be getting the second one either. which means I now need to make 2 more to take their place. All these micro-projects must be sending DKJ mad.... :twirl:

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Poodles4me! I do think the bracelet will be one of the more personal pieces I've ever done. The Clogau charm was made by a company that used to sell pieces that included a small percentage of the St David's mine gold in some of their pieces. The mine closed down some years ago now, and that gold can no longer be accessed by the average consumer, so I'm very glad I got it when i did. :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your GSS transformation turned out marvellously (of course)!! I loved the originals but this iteration is much more you - I’m so glad to hear you’re wearing them more. Both those pearls and those diamonds are too pretty to sit in the jewellery box :mrgreen2:

The charm bracelet. Thank you for sharing it with us :kiss2: I hope this piece never leaves your wrist @mrs-b. A catalogue of treasures - so many memories... and you’re going to run out of space very soon ::)

IMO charm bracelets are probably one of the most difficult types of jewellery. So many things have to fit well together to yield a piece that’s both sentimental and aesthetically pleasing - complementary colours, complementary sizes, evocative spacing, all balanced with meaningful arrangement... Pandora was marketing genius. I think short of buying premade charms your decision to “do it all at once” is really the only way to guarantee success! :cool2:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
How did I miss this posting? I did, but am glad that I saw it now. The pearl is beautiful but the bracelet is so much fun! I love it and the meanings behind all the charms. What a great bracelet to wear often!

amti

Rough_Rock
You have such a wonderful collection. The stories you gave behind each charm give this piece true meaning. What a wonderful display of love, friendship, and life!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Beautiful earrings ! Lovely shade of gold! And the charm bracelet is gorgeous !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results