First up: 4.55 ct gray star sapphire

star3_0.jpg

nice clear star
star2.jpg

Next: 5.50 ct blue sapphire cabochon

blue2.jpg

very blue
blue1.jpg

Since it was advertised as unheated, I might spring for an AGL gem brief. I have no idea how pricing for cabochons compares to that for faceted stones but I'm interested to learn!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both, thanks for sharing.

DK :))

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful. I love the colours. I'm curious about the star - does it show up in normal light conditions or only with a bright light shining on it? I don't know how these things are supposed to behave irl and I'm curious.

About pricing, of course a cab is worth less because usually included crystals are cabbed, but I think if they have good colour, are big and untreated like yours they can still have a fair pricetag, but are still worth much less than a clean faceted gem of the same quality.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that gorgeous blue of the cab - is the cab transparent? Also love the star - its so nice to see round stars, as its so much more common to see ovals. Lovely stones.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys!

LK: yes, you can see the star under normal lighting conditions, but the star shows up best with bright, direct light.

MB: the blue sapphire is kind of in between transparent and opaque. It is about the same translucency as the star sapphire, if that makes sense.

I did spring for the star sapphire because I generally prefer round over oval-shaped star sapphires.

Here are links to the videos of both gems:
Blue -http://www.ebay.com/itm/291349717259?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Gray star -http://www.ebay.com/itm/301479875338?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Before discovering PS I was never really a cab fan but they are seriously growing on me. Both of yours are beautiful, I'm really drawn to the grey star, lovely colour!

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping to say that AGL will not do a GemBrief for a blue sapphire over 5 carats! Bummer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results