shape
carat
color
clarity

twinning wisps yes or no?

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
light return definitely looks to be diminished by all the twinning wisps. i minimized the video and it was pretty visible.

budget? maybe someone can help?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have an SI2 with twinning wisps and it, to me, worked out really well. In person my stone is quite blinding and sparkly- that said I never saw it magnified 100X.

This stone does seem to have a lot- agree with the other poster, what is your budget? If you are looking for a good value, B2CJewels has a TON of K color stones right now that score well on the HCA and they are one of the most competitive websites to shop from in terms of pricing.

Good luck!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look quite well demarcated and not diffuse. To me it doesn't look like diminished light return. Looks like a good deal and definitely worth asking JA gemologist about your concerns, they will answer you better than anyone here.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not. Not if you are buying through JA.
Twinning wisps, drop shipper, and the pavilion angles all add up to: Nope. If I REALLY wanted to pursue it I would only do it through someone else who can ASET it and look at it for transparency. Which JA will probably not do for you. Though you can ask. IDJ can do all of that, but not for stones in India. And a lot of JA stones are in India.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks wonderful,

How did you get those images? Did JA supply the ASET? Comment on if it's eye clean? Comment on transparency?

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
Yes and they said it's eye clean, it doesn't look like a color K has nice sparkle. What worries me is it's IGI and I really see the wisps but will I see them when it's not magnified.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could either order it and get a free refund, or listen to gypsy above and get idj to do a thorough assessment. Saying that JA don't normally supply ASET for rounds so that's a pleasant surprise. If it were me I'd just order it and see for myself, although I've heard IDJ may be cheaper

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want to get and take it to a hearts on fire dealer for comparison you can.

But I wouldn't get it set, put it in a drawer and wait for the return period to run out.

It has a high probability of transparency issues, PARTICULARLY if it is IGI.

You will need to do additional work to make sure it's a good stone after you get it in hand if you buy through a drop shipper like JA.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree, but worth investigating further, considering your original budget and size requirements.

But IDJ would be really good to vet it properly.

http://niceice.com/twinning-wisps-diamond-twinning-wisps-inclusions-good-bad/

just out of interest, as flyingpig said in another thread (on another stone), it's a 40.5 pavilion, and if it was rounded up from just under 40.5 it may gotten a very good instead of excellent if it was sent from GIA. It's IGI Mumbai which I gather is more reputable than their American counterparts.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
BELLA9280|1479512923|4100413 said:
Yes and they said it's eye clean, it doesn't look like a color K has nice sparkle. What worries me is it's IGI and I really see the wisps but will I see them when it's not magnified.
With wisps and other stones with a lot of inclusions it can be eyeclean and still interfere with light return.
It is called scatter or in more layman terms a snow globe effect.
Like looking through a snow globe the small inclusions break up the light return and block some of it.
This is more obvious in bright lighting and may not show up in office type lighting.
Looking at the is and ASET this is a prime candidate for having it and needs to be carefully vetted.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IGI K SI2....no way, wouldn't consider it. I'd a million times rather have a smaller GIA J SI1 or even K, for that matter. There's a reason this stone was not sent to GIA.

Their statement "doesn't look like a K color" would turn me off enough to not buy from them (unless maybe they meant it looks like L-M).

If you ever decided you wanted a different diamond, you'd have a hard time selling this one.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
thank you everyone for your input and thoughts. We have alot to think about and as always each time i post i am educated more by all of you, greatly appreciate that.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1479564415|4100528 said:
Their statement "doesn't look like a K color" would turn me off enough to not buy from them (unless maybe they meant it looks like L-M).

They may mean that because the diamond is well cut as shown on the ASET/Idealscope (whether it's transparent or not), it appears whiter than a K, a sentiment which is not unusual around here.

I've read lots of previous topics that have led me to believe an SI2 with twinning wisps, and an IGI Mumbai certificate should at least warrant further questioning rather than outright refusal, particularly if that persons main emphasis is >2carats for a budget under $8k,

Yes it may a hazy mess, but at least looking into it can't hurt. It is very true that you'd most likely get stuck with it if you ever wanted to change it later.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
gm89uk|1479584721|4100601 said:
diamondseeker2006|1479564415|4100528 said:

They may mean that because the diamond is well cut as shown on the ASET/Idealscope (whether it's transparent or not), it appears whiter than a K, a sentiment which is not unusual around here.

I've read lots of previous topics that have led me to believe an SI2 with twinning wisps, and an IGI Mumbai certificate should at least warrant further questioning rather than outright refusal, particularly if that persons main emphasis is >2carats for a budget under $8k,

Yes it may a hazy mess, but at least looking into it can't hurt. It is very true that you'd most likely get stuck with it if you ever wanted to change it later.

yes its a very low budget and i know that which is why i am keeping an open mind obviously i have to give up some things to get what i want. we are leaning towards purchasing it and checking it out. we do have 30 days for a full refund. we wont purchase it set for this reason that would be a big hassle. i do plan on a rose gold setting so a little color doesn't bother me. i prefer warm anyway. :angel:

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please let us know what you think, I'd be very interested to follow this up and let us know if you can see the snow globe effect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results