shape
carat
color
clarity

Tuxes from Men''s Warehouse or Al''s Formal???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Did any of you have good/bad experiences at either of these places? Al''s Formal is in the south, so not many people know about them. The prices for what FI wants for him and bridal party are very similar, it''s now just a matter of service.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, based on what we just went through...definitely not Men''s Wearhouse.

Our big day was just this past Saturday (whoa!!). My husband had this to say:

Because their tuxes go through so many uses, they aren''t from the same set. When he went to pick his up, our friend who went with him (a guy), noticed that the jacket DIDN''T match the pants. And it looked kinda worn. And the pants were hemmed way too short. What''s the girl''s reaction - "Oh, I don''t notice a difference!" They brought me in just so I could play the bride card and have them immediately placate to our requests (no less so that there wouldn''t be a bridal meltdown in the store)

They convinced us to do pocket squares when we did an ivory/brown vest combo for the groomsmen. I later changed it to a white on white, and removed the pocket squares. Now, our groomsman tries to return the pocket square, only to be told it''s not returnable except for store credit. WTF. If we don''t use it, why can''t we return it? So, now I''ve been told to go to the store we arranged the whole set up and pitch our fit with them. Luckily, the store we talked to us understood our point of view, but said we should take it up with the home store we used.

Another groomsman''s shirt was short. Like, his cuff ended mid arm. The guys had to go back and switch the shirt out.

Another groomsman was given the ivory/brown combo instead of the white/white combo. Somehow, no other groomsman mentioned he wasn''t matching until the one with the short shirt looked down and said, "Hey, you don''t match us." Guys, go figure, lol. Luckily, we were able to get him switched out, even though it was 1.5 hrs before picture time.

All in all, I was not pleased with the issues we had for the price charged ($180/tux, apparently)

No, we don''t like the way we look.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
oh crap Yimmers! We got our tuxes from MW! That is really the only place around here, they bought out most of the other tux places around here. I was going to say we had a good experience so far but I''m not getting married until July. I don''t know anything about Al''s as I live in Chicago.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
FI & I had a bad experience at our local MW: SUPER SUPER SUPER pushy. Tried to get us to sign a K without even telling us what it was.

Will your men be wearing ivory shirts, by chance? Because MW ivory shirts are yellow-looking. Yuck!

Not for me. We're going with Tuxedo Junction.

ETA: K = contract. Gah. its law school finals season... i'm not thinking like a normal person, sorry.

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Wow...Yimmers - I''m sorry you had such a bad experience with Men''s Wearhouse! My wedding was last July and I thought that they were great to work with! I am very fussy/picky and they met all of my requests.

In fact, I went to a bridal show in October 2007 and put down a $10 deposit to ''lock-in'' a price-per-tux rental of I think $59.99 (groom''s was free). We didn''t make it into the store with our voucher until March of 2008. Technically, I guess the voucher was only supposed to be valid for a specific 2-button tux from their 2007 collection, but we talked to the manager and they gave us the same deal on a 3-button tux from their new collection.

My FIL and the Best Man had to be measured at a Men''s Wearhouse that was out-of-state from where the wedding took place. All they had to do was specify where the tux was to be shipped (store number) for the wedding. The guys went to pick up the tuxes the day of the rehearsal dinner and try them on. That way, if there were any problems, they could have it fixed.

I would recommend Men''s Wearhouse for convenience, but definately do some research on the website before you go in so that you have a good idea of what you want!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results