shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to find the right stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kkaramacoska

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!
Ok, since I joined PS last week I have learnt an incredible amount about diamonds! Thats thanks to all you wonderful people haelping me out, I cant tell you how much it means to me!
In the beginning I wanted a d colour vvs1 diamond thinking the closer i get to flawless the better, my options were limited and I couldnt really find anything bigger than 0.50 ct.
Now I want BIGGER!! Knowing what i know from all of you experts, I feel that I can safely go as low as a VS2 and it will still look great provided the cut is good right?
Im shopping online through since1910.com, they have great designs and a lowest price garantee and Christine whom Im dealing with is wonderful!
now they dont have ASEP or Sarif reports but will take photos if you ask nicley. Im sure they would get the reprorts if i wanted though. I really trust Christine and Im putting all my faith in her judgement, she is being my eyes for me!
Did I also mention Im all the way in remote North Western Australia.
I have stumbled across a 0.70 RB GIA certified. depth 60.7%, Table 57%, Girdle, Medium fasceted, culet none. Polish good, Symmetry very good. Clarity grade VS2, Colour F, Fluorescence none. It is an ideal cut also!
the report number is 13443362
now what is worrying me is that the flaws are right on top of the stone pretty much bang smack in the centre! cloud, crystal, feather.
Should I be concerned if its got the VS2 clarity? Technically you shouldnt be able to see them with the naked eye am I right?
Yes I will ask for Pictures of course! but just on what info Ive got here, what do you guys think??? And for future reference, if I happen to find other stones which are similar in clarity but the flaws are on more hidden areas is that better?
Thanks again to all of you! so so so amazingly helpful!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 6:03:51 AM
Author:kkaramacoska
Hey everyone!
Ok, since I joined PS last week I have learnt an incredible amount about diamonds! Thats thanks to all you wonderful people haelping me out, I cant tell you how much it means to me!
In the beginning I wanted a d colour vvs1 diamond thinking the closer i get to flawless the better, my options were limited and I couldnt really find anything bigger than 0.50 ct.
Now I want BIGGER!! Knowing what i know from all of you experts, I feel that I can safely go as low as a VS2 and it will still look great provided the cut is good right?
Im shopping online through since1910.com, they have great designs and a lowest price garantee and Christine whom Im dealing with is wonderful!
now they dont have ASEP or Sarif reports but will take photos if you ask nicley. Im sure they would get the reprorts if i wanted though. I really trust Christine and Im putting all my faith in her judgement, she is being my eyes for me!
Did I also mention Im all the way in remote North Western Australia.
I have stumbled across a 0.70 RB GIA certified. depth 60.7%, Table 57%, Girdle, Medium fasceted, culet none. Polish good, Symmetry very good. Clarity grade VS2, Colour F, Fluorescence none. It is an ideal cut also!
the report number is 13443362
now what is worrying me is that the flaws are right on top of the stone pretty much bang smack in the centre! cloud, crystal, feather.
Should I be concerned if its got the VS2 clarity? Technically you shouldnt be able to see them with the naked eye am I right?
Yes I will ask for Pictures of course! but just on what info Ive got here, what do you guys think??? And for future reference, if I happen to find other stones which are similar in clarity but the flaws are on more hidden areas is that better?
Thanks again to all of you! so so so amazingly helpful!
Hi Kkara,

So glad you find us helpful, thats what we are here for and it is great to have positive feedback, thank you!
Just saw the link, the diamond is pre cut grade so the vendor would have to run a Sarin scan to get the other info needed such as the crown and pavilion angles. It is possible the diamond could be a trade in looking at the date on the report, this isn't uncommon and with many diamonds they have had ' previous lives', ask the seller if this is the case, or it could be the diamond has just taken a while to find a home. Also the term Ideal Cut does not guarantee any level of cut quality.

If you could also get an Idealscope image of the diamond that would be very helpful, without images it is not possible to give really meaningful advice on how well a diamond is cut unfortunately, all we can do is estimate going by the basic info given.

VS2 are generally eyeclean, ask your vendor to inspect the stone to tell you more and make your expectations very clear - if you don't want to see inclusions from any angle or distance, make sure the vendor knows that.

kkaramacoska

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, errrr, i dont like the sound of this stone anymore. back to the drawing board. I dont want a trade in.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing wrong with trade in, just check to make sure it is as stated in the report as a used stone can have some wear that may downgrade the clarity grade. Stones can be trade in and re-send to GIA to get an updated report too and no one will know. Ask the stone to be re-graded again by GIA and if the stone do not come back as stated and with an Ex cut grade, you will not pay for the grading and stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you buy from a vendor with an upgrade policy there is a good chance your diamond has been around the block before
5.gif
You may be able to request a diamond straight from the cutter, but not sure how feasable that actually is.

kkaramacoska

Rough_Rock
Back Again.
I have gone to whiteflash and found a couple of stones in our budget. They have all the reports and pictures. what do you think? is the bigger one still going to good? I didnt really want to go to an SI grade but i know if its cut well it should be fine. And I would prefer the bigger size of course!
Um I tried to upload both sarin reports but i couldnt. Ill have to do another post.

sarin_AGS-9637301.jpg

kkaramacoska

Rough_Rock
this is the .71ct ast.

AST_AGS-9637301.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
both look good to me.

Lestat

Shiny_Rock
I''m new here, so pardon the question if it''s silly, but does the larger stone appear to have a dug out girdle? The aset looks similar to the one here: http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/NewCutGrading/Painting/

By no means am I as experienced as the rest here at judging images, so I''m more asking for my own education more than anything.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
take into account of the tilt of the stone. Post the IS and see.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kkara can you post the Idealscope images, particularly for the first diamond please and a link to the grading reports also?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results