shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to decide between the Vatche x-prong or WF W-prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kace

Rough_Rock
I''ve studied the pics of the two rings too many times to count, and I cannot decide between the two settings for an almost square radiant diamond (1.8 carat). I love the look of researcher''s e-ring with the WF w-prong; it''s absolutely gorgeous. But I''m concerned about how high a w-prong sits. I''m not anywhere near Houston so I can''t try the w-prong to check it out. I''ve checked out the Vatche, which I liked at the time, but this was before I saw the WF w-prong. Now, I''m torn between the two settings - go with a setting that I''ve tried and liked at the time or go with a setting that looks great in pics but don''t know how it feels on my finger. My bf is getting really antsy for me to make a decision so that he can get the stone set and move the process along.

So, I''m asking you to vote: which would you choose and why?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Why not ask WF to send you one of theirs to look at and try on your hand, then you can see for yourself if it is too high or not?

They are good people there, call them and see what you can work out as to seeing one.

Wink

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s a great idea Wink. give WF a call. I''m sure they''ll help you out.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You could always flip a coin
11.gif

In all seriousness, they are both beautiful. Do you know how high (in millimetres) the Whiteflash settings sits? If the Vatché setting really does sit lower, then go with it for the wearability factor.

I would also vote for the Vatché setting just because it's always hard to go wrong with what you were attracted to first.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kace,
I think Wink''s idea is a great one. Give them a call and ask them to send you one to try on. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the other hans... you could have either custom made (or adjusted, if feasible) at the height that you want. What that is could be easily found out by trying on random solitaires in any shop, or by taking some ring you like as refference.

Vatche does customize their setting for some extracharge (not little as much as i can remember) and the W-prong is already custom made so it could be turned as you wish. The design seems to allow some variation of height. If anything, I would ask Whiteflash about this.

Just an idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results