shape
carat
color
clarity

TRYING to be patient

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
I''m TRYING so hard to be patient!!! My bf and I already picked the setting a few weeks ago but it has to be custom-made to fit a diamond larger than 1.0. (It''s a Beaudry setting.) I''ve heard it takes 6-8 weeks for a ring to be customized (although I''m hoping shorter!!!). Therefore, I already know my proposal is at least 2 months away. I''ve dealt with that already...sorta.
28.gif

So here''s my frustration - A couple of weeks ago my bf found a jeweler that he wants to work with. The jeweler was going on vacation, so they made an appt for the first day after Labor Day (this past Tuesday) to pick out the diamond. HOWEVER, the jeweler he was supposed to be working with decided to extend his 1.5 week vacation even longer! So my bf told me last night that he didn''t want to work with anyone else, so he had to make a new appt. I''m not sure when the appt is, but it''s definitely not today, Monday or Tuesday. Now I know my 6-8 weeks wait can''t even start for ANOTHER week.

I don''t know. My bf is very laid back. If it were me, I would''ve worked with one of the jeweler''s associates, picked the diamond 2 weeks ago, and had the ring half made already! Argh!

Just so you don''t think I''m terrible - I''m really appreciative that my bf is putting so much time, effort (and money!) into getting me the exact ring I want. And it''s a designer ring. And it''s being custom made with a larger diamond than 1.0. I know how lucky I am. I just can''t wait to be engaged!!!
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
debzy - i sooo know the feeling. i *finally* picked a few styles a liked, and E said it will happen after 6 months from now.

so i joke at say, well i least i know why it will take 6-8 weeks! (for the shipping, setting, of course!)

as long as you keep a good ''tude about it, you are all good!

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
My bf hasn''t asnwered his cell in 2 hours...so I''m making pretend he''s at the store buying my diamond. It''s a little pathetic, I know.
emsmilep.gif

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
But he was just sleeping on his couch.
7.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
awww you are so funny.

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
DW love, you will probably get your ring before me! Mine is ready and has been ready for... hmm 2-3 weeks now and I wont be getting it till DECEMBER some time!!!!!!!!!!! so we can sit here and wait!

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
My bf accepted a new job last night and this week is his bday so I gave him 2 gifts. He loved them so much, he was literally jumping up and down. Then he said, "I have the best fiance ever." Um, hello? I waved my hand and said, "No, I''m your gf. Remember?" So he corrected himself. I''m now his "Soon-to-be-fiance." Ha! It is very nice to hear him say that! I just can''t wait until it''s fully true!!!
25.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
aw, that''s cute about the fiancee slip!! i know it''s really hard to wait, but at least you know it''s coming soon! YAY!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results