shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying not to read into things too much..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
and it''s so hard!! lol

So some updates...

I got a new job! When I told my b/f, he got so excited that I swear he was about to clap his hands and jump up and down, and he started to say "Do you know what this means?!" and instead of letting him finish his thought I covered his mouth and said I don''t know if I want it!! So after we talked about it when I asked what he was going to say first he told me he didn''t know what I was talking about and then went uh..... that you''ll be able to save more money! (I''m horrible at putting money into my savings account) lol. grrr. So I''m STILL wondering what he was going to say but I''ll never know. In any case, I''m excited about it (the job) but I''m so nervous too since the job I''m leaving is essentially the only one I''ve ever had, and I''m terrible with change
7.gif
So I guess we''ll see how it goes.

But so back to the topic... since I got this new job and I"ll be starting in about 2 weeks and then won''t be able to take any time off for a couple of months, we had to push up the vacation we were planning to take this year. It''s not too much of a problem because we decided to go somewhere close and less expensive but still fun this year so I wouldn''t end up depleting my savings account again like I ended up doing on our last vacation..... oops!

So.... here are some things that have been nagging at my mind, and I know I''m just reading way too much into things because I just don''t think he''ll propose anytime soon, but I can''t help myself!!

He wants to stop and stay the night with one of my aunt/uncles on the way to where we''re going.... and I don''t understand why because it''s not like the place we''re going is sooooooooo far away, and really, while I would love to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins, I just don''t get why he wants to stop there because if we''re already that far, we might as well just keep going because we''ll be nearly there in the first place! So heres my thought... my aunt and uncle happen to live in the same city as my b/f''s uncles jewelery store that I know for a fact (unless my some act of god I get him to consider an online vendor, which sadly, just doesn''t seem like its going to happen) is where he would get my ring.... But then it''s like well what would that mean anyways?.... is he going to actually take ME to look at rings WITH him? Did he already go and pick one out by taking a half day from work without letting me know and he needs to go pick it up and figures we''re going to be there anyways? But then how would he explain where he was going while we were at my aunts house? And third, is he going to propose before we leave our house and if we stopped in that city if the ring would need to be resized they could do it while we were on our trip and pick it up on the way home.... because while I love him dearly, he''s not the brightest all the time when it comes to things like this and for some reason I don''t know if he would think about how I wouldn''t want to part with it so soon if it needed to be resized after I got it!!!!!

But of course, this is all ridiculous. lmao.

HOWEVER! We were going to be going for a bit less than a week, because he has to be back to work before one of his coworkers leaves on their vacation, and thats fine, it''s plenty of time for us to relax and have fun. But now he''s cut the trip short by one more day saying that we should really come back the day before we planned too because that way we''ll be able to do anything else we need to do before having to go back to work... so my over-drived brain turned that into... if I propose on our trip we''ll need the day when we get back to visit with family and friends.

Aren''t I just awful?!?!? Here we''re just going on this nice little get away before I have to start my new job and I''m reading into EVERY little thing he does and says... I suppose really the reason my mind is in overdrive is that our anniversary is coming up as well, and though it''s unlikely, I still hold out a tiny bit of hope that it could happen around that time..

*sigh*

So anyways, thats my little update, sorry for the rambling, and please, feel free to tell me to stop reading into things so much!! :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on the job!! That''s great news! It certainly sounds like he is planning something so I''ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you-when are you going?

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! We''ll be leaving on the 13th after I get off of work (he''s got off that day, which is a bit odd to me as well) to drive into the town my aunt and uncle live to spend the night there, then we''ll drive to where we''re going and come back home on the 18th at night, then we still have another day without work to spend together at home. Part of me thinks it''s just not going to happen, and it''s ok if it doesn''t - I won''t be upset or anything really, but then this big part of me just keeps reading too much into things, because there are little signs that are either really there or my mind is materializing them into what I want it to be, and that hasn''t happened before. Last fall I had some friends who thought he would do it on our trip then, I said no, not gonna happen, no way no how, I was POSITIVE it would NOT happen. Then I had like my entire family and a bunch of friends all wondering if he''d do it at Christmas, and again, I KNEW it wouldn''t, somethings just wrong with my family and friends they always think it''ll happen, which it weird because it''s not like we''ve been dating forever or anything. But now this time around no one is thinking anything about it because it''s just a short little trip, and most people don''t realize it''s our anniversary coming up as well, so no one has been making comments that get to my head thinking maybe he will... this time it''s all me because THIS time, I think it''s actually possible he might!

Oh lord, I''m sorry I rambled. hehe. But yeah, I''m in a limbo between thinking it MIGHT happen and it definitly will not. *sigh*

Last thing, it really has nothing to do with the above, but I was watching tv while he was on the computer the other day, and some show came on where someone was proposing, so I just was repeating it in an exaggerated voice (it was one of those night time soap operas that seem to be popping up everywhere), I happened to glance at him to get his reaction, and instead of making a stupid face he looked and me and shook his head yes with this HUGE smile on. lol. IT was sweet :)

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
maybe your aunt and uncle picked it up for him.........

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
lol, thats another idea! But that one I don''t think would''ve happened for a couple of different reasons, but I guess nothings impossible :) One thing I forgot to mention which is what got me thinking about it in the first place was that he kept talking about getting a room with a jacuzzi in it. Now, I love him dearly, but he''s quite the frugal guy. For him to suggest that we even LOOK at a room with one much less entertain the thought of actually GETTING one, well...... it was just too out of the ordinary for him to suggest because generally he''s always looking for the best deals and cheapest rates, which is great! It means I have more money to spend elsewhere on the trip instead of wasting it on a hotel room that we''re hardly in, but so you can see why it was weird. He didn''t seem to think so but he tends to see himself differently than people other than himself do of course. lol. We didn''t end up getting one, and I think it''s partly due to the fact that he came to his senses and remembered who he is, hehe, and I kept commenting on how it was weird and was he serious. Ah well, like I said, more money to spend elsewhere, like shopping! :)

I actually thought about PS yesterday, when we were talking about babies and weddings (other peoples, not our own) and I got sad all of a sudden and said something about how that''s not gonna happen for a looooooooooooooong time if ever, sounding quite depressed. He replied with, "it''ll be sooner than you think" and winked at me. Sound familiar? Those silly men, when will they ever learn not to use the word soon?!

Really though, I''m still trying to keep the thought that it''s NOT going to happen in my mind because I don''t want to ruin the trip for myself (or him) but getting sad whenever I think it''s going to happen and it doesn''t. It''s a short little vacation before I start my new job and I want to relax! Having said that..... it''s still fun to think that it MIGHT happen. hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results