shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump in Ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday during a rally in Ohio, Donald Trump promised an end to AIDS "shortly" and an end to childhood cancer "very shortly."

Later, when some people were thrown out of the rally for protesting, he pointed at them and made a masturbatory gesture in their direction - not the first time, apparently.

How did we come to this? How does anyone justify this? The man is standing on a stage as president of the United States, lying delusionally and aggressively drawing attention to his penis. Which I guess makes sense, given that we've all seen his wife naked. These people are the worst kind of trash; trash with money.

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-rally-ohio-rally-cure-cancer-2020-election-9036636

https://www.indy100.com/video/trend...re-at-rally-as-protesters-kicked-out-XzeC1POu

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if I am a child with cancer & I'm receiving treatment, it's all going super well & I'm almost cured but then... BANG! Midnight strikes, I turn 18 & then I have 'adult' cancer & die...? WTF??!! He can state publically that there is now treatment that discriminates on age??

I won't bore you with reiterating my thoughts on this absolute nut job you have to unfortunately suffer at the moment, as I've made myself clear in the past. **edited by moderator, this is your ONE warning about threats**

Last edited by a moderator:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My best friend’s child died of cancer. Another long time friend’s child died of AIDS. Losing a child is the saddest thing. It’s not a topic for facile promises or political grandstanding.

I hope we can appeal to our better angels, and I hope women especially will refuse to associate with meanness. I wish we could all be neighbors and work together to solve our real problems.

I have always thought that man was a con job. I’m surprised he didn’t set off everybody’s radar. I feel he has divided us further. It’s a strange time.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is proudly representing the basket of deplorables who proudly voted for him:sick:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will he also be parting the sea and then inviting 5000 people round for dinner after a short fishing trip? lol

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was banned from this site for something far less egregious than what I see in this thread.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was banned from this site for something far less egregious than what I see in this thread.

Hi @redwood66 -

I almost never comment on these types of threads and I've NEVER started a thread voicing my disgust with this man. But some behavior is so shocking, so appalling, that people HAVE to speak out. This has nothing to do with your comment about your personal experiences, granted, but I can't believe a sane and sensible woman like you would ever think behavior like his yesterday will ever be anything less than disgusting.

When we start ignoring vile and hateful behavior, that's when we've become truly egregious, and this country is currently wandering deep into dangerous waters. When an ignorant bully masquerading as the President of the United States stands in a public forum and mimics rubbing his penis in the direction of people who disagree with what he's saying, I'm ALWAYS going to distance myself from that. God help this country.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t think calling human beings “deplorables” is helpful. Those are the people you’d like to persuade, so it might help to look for some shared values and common ground.

I have evangelical friends who voted their consciences on certain issues. I believe they were misguided, but I still respect them as people. They tried to do the right thing according to their values, as we all do. I hope they’ll reconsider their priorities, and I know many have.

It’s been an awful time and I don’t know how we will heal as a country from what we’ve been put through.

There is a very good YouTube segment with social scientist Arlie Hochschild about how to communicate past our differences:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wasn't your post I was talking about @mrs-b. If anyone here thinks it is ok to talk or wish for the assassination of the President then I am on the wrong forum.

FWIW I don't care about anyone venting their frustrations but this is wrong.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
there is now and has been treatment that discriminates on age??
I am not a doctor and im going to mangle this but lets see if I can explain it.
Yes there are several treatments that work with children and not adults and some that work in adults but not children.
Often the same cancer is treated very differently in children than adults.
Many of the gene based therapies work better on children than adults.
Children are still growing and their body is adapting where adults everything is more locked into place.
That is one of the reasons many Childhood cancers are much more aggressive than adults the same cancer the systems that spur normal grown also super-charge the cancers making them much more aggressive.
Children are more fragile than adults but at the same time much more resilient.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are also a few different treatments for hiv/aids the look promising for a cure similar to the the hepatitis C cure.
I believe some of them are entering or in the final trial stages.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It wasn't your post I was talking about @mrs-b. If anyone here thinks it is ok to talk or wish for the assassination of the President then I am on the wrong forum.

Got it now, @redwood66. Thanks for explaining.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is it indicative of your value system when you’re not outraged by the administration’s policy of separating families and putting children in cages, outright racist statements by the President about American Congresswomen, or his denigration of the people of Baltimore?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s right to wish death on someone either, but you hardly have a moral leg to stand on when you’re willing to let all those other things slide.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

But it's ok for people to carry guns & randomly assassinate many, many people in one fell swoop? Because we're allowed to do that because it's our right because we were angry & they upset us? And we can all just pray? Ok.... I'm just pointing out that it's easy for Americans to whip out a gun & assassinate the person they're not happy with, President or other, without, seemingly to the rest of the world, any real consequences. And in all honesty, and let me be clear that I would NEVER condone ANYBODY taking another persons life, that I and many people are extremely surprised nobody has attempted to attack Donald yet. That is all. Perhaps my wording was blunt & I apologise if i offended, sincerely. The man is abhorrent & I really feel for the people of the US currently, and indeed other countries that he is stirring up.

I'm not in the US so I'll back out. I have Brexit & Bumbling Boris Johnson to make my brain itch for now...

Apologies again @redwood66

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the apology @Alex T. It's not about what I condone or what I think is reprehensible that comes out of DT's mouth. It's about what is allowed to be said on this site and the fair application of policies after warnings have been made previously to everyone. How would you feel if I said the same about Obama? I'm the one with weapons so you would think I was a nut.

Talking about assassination of a president is wrong. Period IMO. It goes too far.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't notice Alex's comment until it was pointed out or I never would've seen it. (Just saying.) I'm not looking for an argument, Red, but I thought we were supposed to use the "report concern" function on posts we found to be in violation of the TOS rather than discuss issues in the threads themselves. A lot has changed since I became a member here, though, so maybe that has changed as well.
As far as whether what Alex said was "wrong" or not, one can brush up on Section 871 of the First Amendment to get a better sense of what constitutes threatening a President, current or former: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

To address the original topic of this thread: 1. like attracts like. 2. this elected official is unfit for the office of POTUS, period. His old pal Jeff Epstein frequently entertained top scientists and regaled them with his lofty eugenics intentions, starring HIS DNA. No surprise these two are of the same ilk.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I did that but someone beat me to it because I received a pop up that it had already been reported. People went off the deep end about my tongue in cheek comment of a Jewish gentleman last year so you will get no sympathies from me on this subject.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think PriceScopers used to share recipes and dessert pictures when the discussions got a bit overheated. Anyway, it’s a sweet idea.

Ancient Chinese curse: “May you live in interesting times!”

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To address the original topic of this thread: 1. like attracts like. 2. this elected official is unfit for the office of POTUS, period. His old pal Jeff Epstein frequently entertained top scientists and regaled them with his lofty eugenics intentions, starring HIS DNA. No surprise these two are of the same ilk.

I don't know if Jeff Epstein is the best "like attracts like" subject to use. He had a diverse political group of people around him and on his plane for years. ;)2

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think PriceScopers used to share recipes and dessert pictures when the discussions got a bit overheated. Anyway, it’s a sweet idea.

Ancient Chinese curse: “May you live in interesting times!”
I'm not upset at all and hope no one else is. ;-) Our times certainly are interesting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if Jeff Epstein is the best "like attracts like" subject to use. He had a diverse political group of people around him and on his plane for years. ;)2

I suppose I should've fleshed my second paragraph out more. My first point was in reference to those who elected and seem to worship DT. My second point was meant to be separate and in reference to DT talking about "they show me" which I can only infer means "his scientists" are showing him these alleged cures. Not sure how one can't see any comparison between JE and DT, however. They've both (allegedly!) raped children.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's the whole point for me, @redwood66. I don't dislike Trump because he's a Republican. In fact, I don't actually think he IS a Republican. Epstein and Trump's political affiliations are irrelevant; they're both sleazes, and that's what they have in common. Politics has nothing to do with it in this specific situation.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the whole point for me, @redwood66. I don't dislike Trump because he's a Republican. In fact, I don't actually think he IS a Republican. Epstein and Trump's political affiliations are irrelevant; they're both sleazes, and that's what they have in common. Politics has nothing to do with it in this specific situation.
No Trump is really not a Republican. Neither party is what they once were and all of them are in it for themselves rather than for the people who elected them.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Trump is really not a Republican. Neither party is what they once were and all of them are in it for themselves rather than for the people who elected them.

Please quit with the both sides garbage This man is nothing like past president on either side of the aisle. Your constant attempts to normalize what we all see is happening is unconscionable. Of course Trump is a Republican. He has had the support of the entire Republican Party thru every hateful thing he has done.

I suppose in your mind what happened in El Paso wasn’t fed by the hateful racist rhetoric this President has spewed the past 2 1/2 year.

I know your are going thru a rough time right now Red and I’m sincerely sorry for that. We all know racism and hate when we hear it. None of this is normal or should be acceptable in our country.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not even worth it.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That isn't the point of this post, while I doubt MrsB's post would be taken down or banned because it is a truthful post.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
HIV has been treatable for a while but the upcoming treatments may be cures, big difference.
Trump has been pushing for funding for it even before he was president.
It is really entertaining how people are so hung up on anything Trump is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results