shape
carat
color
clarity

Trump exploits 17 school deaths to blast FBI for his Russia probe!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMFG!
More warm, steamy, fresh & putrid cat diarrhea that Cheeto serves up. :knockout:

This is so presidential and supportive of the 17 families! :nono:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43102312

Headline snip:
President Donald Trump has rebuked the FBI over the Florida school shooting, saying the agency was "spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign".

Last edited:

E B

Ideal_Rock
He’s been ranting all night and this morning about Russia and collusion. Certainly something an innocent person would do. And if anyone still wondered whether he’s able to feel empathy, the past few days should have cleared it up for them.

He’s at best, a malignant narcissist who can’t act in this country’s best interests as it’d harm his self-image and at worst, a MN in rapid mental decline guilty of collusion. No matter where he falls on this spectrum, he isn’t fit for this office. And congressional Republicans are worse for ignoring it.

Hope those tax cuts are worth the daily- hell, hourly- embarrassment that constantly damages our standing and undermines our citizens’ trust in an honest, functional government.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw that too.

The man is truly repulsive. It is always too soon to talk about any form of gun control , but it clearly isnt too soon to use a mass shooting to use the deaths of 17 kids to try to get out of being investigated for his crimes.

trump has no morals. he puts himself first everytime. I have learned to never say trump hit rock bottom- he always finds a way to make any situtation worse and to show just how classless he is.

Next time someone says its “too soon” to talk about solutions until we find out facts , or we dont want to have a knee jerk reaction, remind them their dear leader had no issue using 17 kids to say he shouldnt be investigated for his own crimes the day he visited the hospital to see the victims and then he took a day off of golf to “ show respect”. It took 3 days and trump had already made it about him as if he was somehow a victim. I find it hard to believe I could think less of the man, but experience has shown he will inevitably find a way to out do his last repugnant behavior soon enough .

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MSNBC has coverage of what Mueller has done (what the indictments actually mean about his investigation) that makes me hopeful. I am very glad to be back in Connecticut where I have a working computer and cable television. Although I do not have a smartphone, I appear to be addicted to modern methods of communication. Unless I was in my Jeep with Sirius radio in Virginia, I felt cut off from the world as I knew it!

Back to the topic: commentators on MSNBC are saying that the indictments that came down say that Mueller has a lot more in store and they detail why they know that. Trump may be frothing at the mouth because he is cornered. They have said we know definitively that Russia intervened in the elections on behalf of Trump and how, the only question now, is why. And Trump just refused again to implement sanctions against Russia. We need to find out what Russia has on him. And they believe someone working with Mueller knows.

Deb :wavey:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, Mueiler is parceling these indictments out like a master strategist.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Daily Mail posted pictures of Trump and Melania in a hospital room with one of the shooting victims and her family. They also had pictures of Trump and Melania with the doctors who treated the students. 17 people are dead, most of them children and these people were all smiling with Trump giving a thumbs up. Trump has no soul, no compassion and no empathy. Everything is ALWAYS about him. He used this terrible tragedy as a photo op.

It gives me hope that the kids from this school are organizing a country wide march on March 24th. I’m hoping this shooting is the one that brings about change. The videos these kids took in their classrooms were terrifying. How can any human watch these videos and not take action to bring about change where guns are concerned?

I’m sorry for the rant. I’m watched a news show this morning and hearing republicans say we need our teachers having guns in the classrooms is making me feel sick.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Daily Mail posted pictures of Trump and Melania in a hospital room with one of the shooting victims and her family. They also had pictures of Trump and Melania with the doctors who treated the students. 17 people are dead, most of them children and these people were all smiling with Trump giving a thumbs up. Trump has no soul, no compassion and no empathy. Everything is ALWAYS about him. He used this terrible tragedy as a photo op.

It gives me hope that the kids from this school are organizing a country wide march on March 24th. I’m hoping this shooting is the one that brings about change. The videos these kids took in their classrooms were terrifying. How can any human watch these videos and not take action to bring about change where guns are concerned?

I’m sorry for the rant. I’m watched a news show this morning and hearing republicans say we need our teachers having guns in the classrooms is making me feel sick.

I can't even watch it. These people that value guns over children make me ill. I was at dinner the other night with a few girlfriends. We never talk politics because there are people on both sides and it's just makes for a more enjoyable time if it's left off the table. However, this was right after the shooting and it was "discussed". Wow, it got ugly fast. Of the 5 ladies there most are status quo Texans (somewhere right or left of center). One lady is a gun totin far right freak. I am in utter disbelief at her thought process. Her argument was that if we outlaw assault rifles we should just go ahead and outlaw cars since they can be used as weapons as well. WTF? I am not one to confront much. I tend to live and let live. I recognize stupidity when I see it but generally just let it go because I figure I am not changing anyone's mind and it is better for my own peace if I keep my mouth shut. But I couldn't hold it in. I tried to remain calm and explain her cult like attachment to guns was doing nothing except lining politicians pockets and killing kids. I told her that every red cent she gave to the NRA had her own blood on it. Then I started crying. The 2nd amendment people are scary.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her argument was that if we outlaw assault rifles we should just go ahead and outlaw cars since they can be used as weapons as well.
These immoral gun owners are like broken records repeating their logical fallacies with the same rapidity that their semi-auto weapons shoot bullets until they've hypnotized themselves into believing what they say is true. Someone asked this during a FB discussion just a few minutes ago: "I'd like to pose a question. Say assault rifles and semi autos are banned... the next school shooting is done with a hand gun. "Only" 3 kids were killed, not 17. Is this any better? Is it now time to ban handguns?" What a fvcking lot of fun it is to discuss how a few kids dead is better than lot of kids dead.

This stopped being about constitutional rights, imo, after Sandy Hook. It is about lack of morality.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't even watch it. These people that value guns over children make me ill. I was at dinner the other night with a few girlfriends. We never talk politics because there are people on both sides and it's just makes for a more enjoyable time if it's left off the table. However, this was right after the shooting and it was "discussed". Wow, it got ugly fast. Of the 5 ladies there most are status quo Texans (somewhere right or left of center). One lady is a gun totin far right freak. I am in utter disbelief at her thought process. Her argument was that if we outlaw assault rifles we should just go ahead and outlaw cars since they can be used as weapons as well. WTF? I am not one to confront much. I tend to live and let live. I recognize stupidity when I see it but generally just let it go because I figure I am not changing anyone's mind and it is better for my own peace if I keep my mouth shut. But I couldn't hold it in. I tried to remain calm and explain her cult like attachment to guns was doing nothing except lining politicians pockets and killing kids. I told her that every red cent she gave to the NRA had her own blood on it. Then I started crying. The 2nd amendment people are scary.

I’m so sorry @ceg I have a couple close friends who are republicans and we also just don’t discuss politics. I can picture you sitting there in disbelief as you listen to what is being said. I’ve been in your position more than a couple of times.

If it helps, this shooting brought me to tears as well. The children who witnessed this are not going to just get over what they saw and heard. This will affect them in some way for the rest of their lives. Sure most will go on to have great lives but this will always be a part of them. I can’t imagine being a parent and trying to go on after losing your child like this.

I went on line and found out which elected officials had received money from the NRA. The overwhelming majority were republicans. We have a president who has slashed funding for mental health and who made it easier for those with mental health issues to purchase a gun. None of this makes me feel anything will change.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think this shooting is going to change anything. We've already forgotten about the Las Vegas shooting and it was every bit as horrendous. Surely bump stocks would be banned - even gun toting 2nd Amendment defenders thought so! Nope, didn't happen. Remember Columbine? Think back to how shocking that was at the time. Now it's just...commonplace really. Sandy Hook, with kindergarteners slaughtered, caused some change - people bought more guns.

As US citizens, we have come to accept these tragedies. It's similar to accepting that there is going to be loss of life from natural disasters. Maybe hurricanes are more frequent and more powerful due to man-induced climate change and maybe they are just "acts of God." Either way, all you can do is evacuate and hope for the best.

That's how we are treating school shootings. Lock down drills and hope for the best. We believe it can't happen to us because it most likely will not. We'll read about the fallen and shed some tears for their families for about a week or two and that's about it. I don't even do that anymore.

If those high school students hope to gain some traction for a movement they should post the gruesome pictures of their dead classmates. Jackie Kennedy refused to take off her blood stained suit. She said, "No, I'm going to leave these clothes on. I want them to see what they have done."

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F2447CF4-63B8-49A8-97EA-BC66766A8481.jpeg
“Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever
In my eyes in my words and in everything I do
Nothing else but you
Ever”
(Abject apologies to Stephen Sondheim and Leonard Bernstein.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results