carat
color
clarity

Trump Assassinates Iranian General Without Congressional Approval

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

To Akrteia-- Our Constitution gives the Pres sweeping powers in Article 2 of the Constitution which outlines the Executive powers. He is responsible for treaties, actions of the military and of course National Security. Our Congress, now and in the past has allowed the Executive enormous discretionary decision making. This is in keeping with Congress not wanting to do the hard parts of their job. The Supreme Court has ruled the Pres can restrict immigration, ect, without consent of Congress as well. It is why the imminent danger phrase is always used to invoke a Presidental prerogative.

In this case it appears to me that an opportunity availed itself. The General was an easy target at the airport. Trump took it. He cost, as collateral damage an airliner with 176 innocent people killed. Yess, an Iranian missle did it, but we started this mess.

There are hawks in our govt, who do wish for a confrontation with Iran similar to IrAQ. Justification comes after the fact. There was no imminent threat. Just lies, and more lies. This is what John Bolton wants.

Annette

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did Obama get congressional approval for killing OBL? . Only the left wing media and the never Trumpers would mourn for a killing a terrorist.

Answer to your question: yes. From https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/01...ssination-soleimani-obamas-killing-bin-laden/

"Killing bin Laden made a powerful symbolic statement about America’s resolve, and was a damaging blow to Al Qaeda, a small stateless terrorist group with which the United States was formally at war — duly authorized by Congress. It was an act carefully deliberated over many months that would not conceivably trigger a broader conflict. In contrast, killing Soleimani was a direct attack on a hostile nation-state, but one with which we are not yet at war. It was initiated by what appears to have been a presidential impulse, without consultation with Congress or allies. It was certain to prompt immediate retaliation and, quite possibly, war. It was precisely the kind of act feared by those who have opposed the concentration of war-making powers on the president alone."

Response to your comment: your troll game is truly despicable.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In this case it appears to me that an opportunity availed itself. The General was an easy target at the airport. Trump took it. He cost, as collateral damage an airliner with 176 innocent people killed. Yess, an Iranian missle did it, but we started this mess.

Annette
Thank you Rachel Maddow. I guess we attacked our own embassy too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, because he has a lot of support for doing it from the people.
Much more than the media would lead you to believe.

They like him because he says out loud exactly what they think but can not say.

And here is the international response

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DF, do you understand the difference between Protesters and attacks?. No-one attacked the embassy.

FYI--Hilary Clinton has been exonerated by the Barr Justice Dept. That includes the foundation , bengazi, e-mails anything else you want to blame her for. So please, lets not here anything more about Hilary. She's looking better and better.

I wish I was as smart as Rachael Maddow.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

DF, do you understand the difference between Protesters and attacks?. No-one attacked the embassy.

I wish I was as smart as Rachael Maddow.

Annette
Yes, the fire started by itself.

Maddow is smart all right. She had me believing that Trump is a Russian agent.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results