shape
carat
color
clarity

True Hearts - Technical discussion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/8/2008 10:20:10 PM
Author: Rhino
Greetings Wink,

Let me clarify.

I am not knowing what the agenda is here, but I am sensing an agenda. You can not call the deeply clefted arrows H&A without rewriting the currently accepted definition as was given in Japan and now with minor modifications in Europe with the HRD. Changing this definition will NOT be accomplished on Pricescope, but only in the market place or in the gem laboratories.
Firstly ... yes. My agenda is truthfulness in communicating the facts. I see and have seen precision cut diamonds that produce a Hearts pattern that is different from the ''traditional'' and I know for a fact that they are not in any way failurers or inferior by any definition of the word. FACT: Not according to GIA standards. FACT: Not according to AGS standards and not according to any standards of *precision* that are observed beyond GIA and AGS specs for what they consider to be their top of the line. Not from an aesthetic standpoint with regards to patterning, nor (and most importantly) from any gemological standpoint whatsoever.

My agenda is to open the minds of people to see that The world of gemology and specifically 57 facet round brilliant cut diamonds are not limited to only 1 type of Hearts pattern. Here in this country if it looks like one, smells like one and tastes like ... it is one.

This country used to sadly follow a mentality that if you had a different skin color you weren''t fully evolved or developed or a different class of human. The thinking was that if you had a different skin color you weren''t the same. People at that time had a hard time accepting that there is more than one human race yet with varying skin colors. My message is no less different really but on a much less important scale. 2 diamonds can be cut with equal levels of precision, equal levels of light performance and both produce 2 different types of Hearts. One is not true and one is not false. Both are equal. While I respect Japan none of my clients have ever asked me for a Report from Japan nor the opinion of a Japanese gemologist. Yes I am introducing a different type of Hearts pattern but it is no less a Heart than any other and I see no sound reason to discriminate between the 2. Asking which is the ''true'' Heart is akin to the question I posed with the 3 graphics. The fact is all 3 are true Hearts, just 3 different types of Hearts. I don''t need a Japanese lab to define that for me. It would however be accurate to state as John P and I were discussing earlier ... one is traditional while one is newer.

Also, if you do feel strongly about submitting to Japanese authority & definition perhaps you should consider having all of your diamonds submitted to them if you feel its really that important. Until my clients start demanding Japanese lab reports, this issue is moot for me at this point. Japan is not my authority and has ''0'' influence on my purchasing decisions and capital investments. Never has been and Lord willing never will be.

Attempting to change this accepted standard is not going to work and will lower the respect that many people have for the individuals attempting to change it.
If excerising my right to free speech and voicing my opinion which disagrees with Japan earns me less respect then so be it. Japan is not my authority and they nor anyone has the right to silence me. I am not here presenting misinformation. I am suggesting by way of simple logic and common sense that there is more than one type of Heart pattern. I am a professional in this industry with perhaps more experience in this field than most of my peers in this country and that is my professional opinion.

Wink, really. Can you give me one logical reason why the pattern produced by 82% lower halves should not be called a Heart?

Writing a different tutorial about the new pattern would be a better approach, and yes I know that many people will want the old pattern because they believe that it is the best. That is their choice. Convince them with evidence that the new pattern is equally as good if you wish, but destroying the old pattern is NOT the answer.

Wink
Ugh... you''re not getting it. I am not trying to destroy the old pattern.
40.gif
I am not suggesting the new pattern is better. I am saying it is no less beautiful than the traditional one. I am not saying anything different than the research GIA and AGS have put out on this subject already my friend. What I am saying is that one Hearts pattern should not be discriminated against the other especially when neither demonstrates anything meaningful when it comes to gemology. One is not cut more precise and one does not have superior light performance over another.

Peace,

That is one of the few things you have said in this post that I agree with. YOU and your supporters are the only ones who are saying that I am saying your stone is inferior in any way. I am simply saying your pattern is NOT a H&A pattern, not that it is in any way inferior in light return.

Tomorrow morning when I wake up, your pattern will NOT be a traditional H&A pattern, nor will it be when I wake up in twenty years.

Your pattern may, and probably does have excellent light return. If it has an AGS 0 cut grade then I am sure that it does. That is not the issue here, although you keep trying to make it the issue for some reason.

It simply is NOT a traditional H&A pattern, and yes, I am getting what you are trying to say, but I am obviously talking to someone who does not want to get it that I get it that he is trying to change the argument and the facts and that I am not buying into it.

I would say again that you can not call your butterflies and arrows a Hearts and arrows pattern, but you will not get it no matter how many times I repeat it and I will NEVER acquiesce to your calling it one without saying "horse pucky" should any one ever ask me.

I guess that we shall have to agree to disagree. Personally I think that the vast majority of consumers on this site are smart enough to read the tutorials and make their own decisions. If you want to write one that explains your take on patterning, then have at it. Trying to call your deeply clefted pattern a Heart just will not fly with the majority of consumers, and please spare me the long list of clients that you have convinced that you are right. If they like your diamonds, that I am totally down with. I expect that they are quite beautiful. They just are NOT H&A diamonds by any definition of the accepted standards that have been passed down over the last twenty years, and no I will not be sending my stones to Japan for grading. I have the AGS for that and that they do not use the term Hearts and Arrows on their grading reports that is just fine for me. That AGS 0 grade is what I want, the pattern is a plus that I get for dealing primarily with Paul Slegers at Infinity Diamonds.

Jonathon, you are being very disingenuous by trying to bring race and Japan and other superfluous statements into your post above. There is only one issue here, is this a Hearts and Arrows pattern in the accepted definition that has been in place for over twenty years. You and I both know the answer is no. It may be an inconvenient truth for you, but it is the truth nonetheless.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/8/2008 11:03:55 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 8/8/2008 8:42:48 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
As an appraiser, if I were describing one of these (Rhino''s) stones, I would describe it in the following manner to give it its full due, yet differentiate it from traditionally accepted Hearts & Arrows pattern:

''Precision optical symmetry demonstrated by a non-traditional modified hearts & arrows pattern''.

Rich, Independent GG Appraiser

Sarasota Gemological Laboratory
I don''t have a problem with that description or a tutorial that covers it in that manner.
Storm,

On this you and I are in complete accord.

Wink

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/8/2008 11:34:19 PM
Author: Wink

date: 8/8/2008 11:03:55 PM

I don''t have a problem with that description or a tutorial that covers it in that manner.
Storm,

Wink
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I thought hell would freeze over before Wink and Storm agreed
36.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/8/2008 9:16:26 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
There has been a lot written while I slept. Why were you not all watching the olympics opening?
All I could say was !WOW!

I cant even start to imagine the discipline!

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 7:47:54 PM

I for one do not want to dilute the reputation and saleability of the traditional H&A, I have worked too long and too hard to educate my clients about them for the past several years. I am happy to admit that there are other potential patterns that may well perform just as well but I will be darned if I will acquiesce to someone calling the deeply clefted pattern a heart just because it is more convenient for them.

Wink

At least we all seem to agree it is all about marketing and sales and not performance.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 2:52:42 AM
Author: DiaGem

There has been a lot written while I slept. Why were you not all watching the olympics opening?

All I could say was !WOW!

I cant even start to imagine the discipline!

My favorite is still the archer in Barcelona

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/8/2008 8:03:34 PM
Author: adamasgem

Date: 8/8/2008 6:46:32 PM
Question 2.

Which is the true Heart?

Rhino: Why don''t you go lobby HRD to make your stones the ''perfect'' heart. I''m sure that you can come up with enough money to make any lab be convinced of your viewpoint. Until then an H&A is defined (or ill defined) by a certain pattern, whether you like it or not, so stop the game playing, and prove something usefull, just don''t whine. You don;t call a tangerine an orange, even though a tangerine may be more tasty, and (for Sergeys benefit) you don''t all a wine a Premier Grand Cru Chateau Margeau if it wasn''t grown on the Chateau Margeau vineyard (By the way, I remember that was a VERY BAD vintage)

Serg: Your viewpoint seems to be on record ''But diamond market are moving in opposition direction : Ideal cut, AGS0, HRD H&A, commodity'' and you don''t apparently like the trend, from what I seem to understand for whatever reason, and I suppose because a lot of people may have rejected your very good software solutions, which was a mistake, in my book.

Most people here would rather KNOW what they are buying, even though they might not understand why, rather than shell $$$ out to unknowledable salesstaff at regular (non guild) brick and mortar stores. That is why they buy papaerd stones from labs they ''think'' they can trust (if they only knew :)) and from reputable sellers who hopefully give them all the information they want.

I''d still like to know what the reference stone size was and what the dimensions were in the Japanese viewer, so we would all have a better technical idea of what the boundaries were for a ''non failing'' H&A pattern, and why the apparent disparty in the HRD range of acceptable parameters.

Marty,

Re: Why don''t you go lobby HRD to make your stones the "perfect" heart. I''m sure that you can come up with enough money to make any lab be convinced of your viewpoint.

You are wrong here. I do not like Labs, but what you said here is not possible at least for HRD. It is just Vulgar attack , what you standard do when you have not real arguments

Re: Your viewpoint seems to be on record "But diamond market are moving in opposition direction : Ideal cut, AGS0, HRD H&A, commodity" and you don''t apparently like the trend, from what I seem to understand for whatever reason, and I suppose because a lot of people may have rejected your very good software solutions, which was a mistake, in my book.

our current software is fine for commodity market of natural diamonds. What I do in this thread is against all my current business
For Luxury market we have not any software yet. It is hard to create Luxury diamond market for diamonds under +100.000$
Our target to develop service and software what can create Luxury diamond market under +10.000$
The money is not point here at all. If I will have more money I will not more happy. I have enough for me money now. I want do something good, from what other people will happy .
I am very unhappy what our current technology just help receive SAME diamonds from nicely different rough. I like rough I do not like current diamonds because its TOO same.
Just to same, specially if we are speaking about best diamonds. I can not buy more a less unique diamond if I am ready spend less than 100.000$( I need my IF, D or fancy color or just big. But I do not like buy rare, I want buy unique and nice for may Taste, I want have Choice even I am ready spend just 10.000$. I can do it now on watch market easy, but it is impossible on diamond market yet)

Usually Cutters kill rough character , usually cutters create same diamonds like balls in bearing . I help do it. It is paint for me. I want help cutters to show rough character in diamonds, do unique new polish diamonds , help develop so nice different cuts like we have many Vines. I will hate world just with 3-5 nice Vine. I demand choice, test, freedom. It is reason why I against current Lab business, Ideal diamonds marketing, commodity,..
It is not question of money, it is question o style life, value of life and happiness from what you do.
And you can stop me by your vulgar “money” attack . Nobody can buy me just pay me money , my partners know it very well, some clients , competitors and Labs know it too. If you do know it yet, it is just your problem.
Do you really think what we do all these http://octonus.ch/cut/ , just for money ?

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/9/2008 3:19:17 AM
Author: jasontb

I for one do not want to dilute the reputation and saleability of the traditional H&A, I have worked too long and too hard to educate my clients about them for the past several years. I am happy to admit that there are other potential patterns that may well perform just as well but I will be darned if I will acquiesce to someone calling the deeply clefted pattern a heart just because it is more convenient for them.

Wink

At least we all seem to agree it is all about marketing and sales and not performance.
I am disagree

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock

Ugh... you're not getting it. I am not trying to destroy the old pattern.
40.gif
I am not suggesting the new pattern is better. I am saying it is no less beautiful than the traditional one. I am not saying anything different than the research GIA and AGS have put out on this subject already my friend. What I am saying is that one Hearts pattern should not be discriminated against the other especially when neither demonstrates anything meaningful when it comes to gemology. One is not cut more precise and one does not have superior light performance over another.

Peace,
You are giving the same type of song and dance you gave when you set out to destrop painted halves.
Misinformation, in my opinion.
Write your own tutorial on why your brand of butterflies should be preferred.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 4:21:31 AM
Author: Serg

Wink

I am disagree
Thank you, Serg. It seems as if some of our posters have chosen a position and will stay with it no matter where this discussion may go.

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Greetings Wink,

Let me clarify.

Firstly ... yes. My agenda is truthfulness in communicating the facts. I see and have seen precision cut diamonds that produce a Hearts pattern that is different from the ''traditional'' and I know for a fact that they are not in any way failurers or inferior by any definition of the word. FACT: Not according to GIA standards. FACT: Not according to AGS standards and not according to any standards of *precision* that are observed beyond GIA and AGS specs for what they consider to be their top of the line. Not from an aesthetic standpoint with regards to patterning, nor (and most importantly) from any gemological standpoint whatsoever.
Truthfullness Rhino, more like obsfucation Neither GIA or AGS "grade" the H&A patterning. And I''d suspect that the stones you showed and/or proposed would not get a "passing" grade by HRD. Now, your stone might be just as good a performer, but it isn''t what has been accepted as a classic H&A. You are trying to change the definition for your own convenience.

I''m sure you can Lab shop to find someone that will call your stone anything you want,
I sort of like Winks "Butterfly and Arrows" brand.
But it doesn''t qualify as "H&A" patterning.

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 10:52:51 PM

For a reason no one can tell me why it cuts off some awesome combos every bit as good as the ones it includes.
Storm Because 20 years ago, there wasn't the hardware and software capability that could properly address performance measures, let along do the rendering

Everything was based on a pleasing visual pattern, which has been reitterated time and time again

Now, does that make sense to you?.

It still might be too difficult to comprehend for some here who don't want to listen.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

A few observations

1. LynnB asked about marty''s claim that labs grading is questionable - read the thread pined at the top about IDEX and GIA etc.

2. Rhino give up on the sermons ond guessing games please - this is an expert discussion - consumers are of course always welcome, but you will waste your time talking to them here - go do some real research - Storm you can help him prove or disprove the validity that longer / deeper LGF or the Japanese standard is best.

3. Marty and Alison - Sergey''s view is that there was a time when H&A''s was a really hard thing to do - but today it is not one in a million - it is a natural outcome of the move from diamond cutting as a cottage in the home industry - to consolidated large computerised factories with solid granite or marble polishing benches and the overall tightening of manufacturing standards.

There are hardly any diamonds on B2B sites now with poor or fair polish and symmetry. and even the labs now are catching up to the idea of optical symmetry as a grading tool.
It has led to things like an adv in trade magazines by AGS claiming diamonds graded AGS 0 recieve a 3-5% premium in the market place - this was probably +10% several years ago, even when their grading standard was bad. We will soon see that premium disappear altogether, as there will be heaps more AGS 0''s on the market and their business will grow.

If that is not commoitization, then I do not know what is?

Is that bad?

Well, actually - yes it is, because consumers do not know what they are missing, they do not know the alternatives for personal expression. My own attempt (failed so far) was to introduce BIC, TIC and FIC variation into round diamonds - a small bit of practical and easily done diversification.
Olympics? There''s an Olympics? How can this be, there is no snow, no ice, Ski jumping on grass, this sounds very dangerous to me.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/9/2008 1:49:46 AM

Date: 8/8/2008 11:34:19 PM

date: 8/8/2008 11:03:55 PM

Storm,

Wink
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I thought hell would freeze over before Wink and Storm agreed
36.gif
LOL! Storm and I agree on many more things than people seem to think. It is just when we disagree we do it vociferously.

You know, I think Mr. Sherwood is a very smart gemologist, and I absolutely think his comment: "Precision optical symmetry demonstrated by a non-traditional modified hearts & arrows pattern" is genious. It is complimentary to the gem, does NOT put it down in any way or infer that it is inferior in any way. In fact, it infers that it is in some way unique.

What''s more, it is an accurate description of the pattern that does not violate or infringe upon the long accepted definition of conventional Hearts and Arrows patterning.

Rhino, if you use this terminology I will applaud you as well as support you 100% in your right to do so.

Kudos to Richard Sherwood, may he never again stray from our midst.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 11:40:21 AM
Date: 8/8/2008 10:52:51 PM

For a reason no one can tell me why it cuts off some awesome combos every bit as good as the ones it includes.
Storm Because 20 years ago, there wasn''t the hardware and software capability that could properly address performance measures, let along do the rendering

Everything was based on a pleasing visual pattern, which has been reitterated time and time again

Now, does that make sense to you?.

It still might be too difficult to comprehend for some here who don''t want to listen.
Marty,
Keep pushing and you will destroy the old patterns.
I have already stated I''m willing to live and let live in regards to the old standard even if I think its outdated and all about marketing, as long as it is properly described and a fair shake given to other patterns I am ok with it.

Frankly I would rather spend my time working on my step cut articles than spend the time tearing down the old standard.
It is a much more productive and a more positive way to spend my time.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 12:09:02 PM

LOL! Storm and I agree on many more things than people seem to think. It is just when we disagree we do it vociferously.

Wink
lol that''s true.
If it was just you and I discussing it we would reach an acceptable answer in about 5 minutes rather than 20 pages and several days.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 12:15:40 PM
How about this: Is Classic H&A patterns out-dated??

20.gif
From a performance perspective its as outdated as 2d grading system in the overall picture.
From a marketing and historical perspective it is live and well.
I''m willing to let it go at that as long as it is presented in a balanced manner.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wink

Not at all. Performance is not the issue of this discussion, but the patterns do have significant importance to our client, and also to performance of the diamonds. I believe that both Rhino and I are of one mind that current on going research will show that the patterns do enhance performance.

We also both know that when dealing on line, mind cleaness is important, moreso for the benefit of the consumer than for the vendor!

When we are able to show a strong pattern with excellent light performance, it makes our client more comfortable. I have had a magnificent D-SI1 here in my office for more than three years. Why, because I said it was not H&A, in spite of having an AGS 0 cut grade and being incredibly beautiful. I would normally expect to sell such a stone in house because I can actually show it to my client. (It had about a 90 - 95% pattern with one or two of the arrow heads bent. I never bothered to look at the hearts, but with bent arrows, it is very likely that they were not perfect either.)

I sold it last week after sending it to my on line client to see for herself how incredible it was. Of course it helped that its three year old price was still the one that it was listed under. Was it any less beautiful than any of the other three D-SI''s of approximately the same size that I sold over the years? No, but it had a VERY slightly different look, so slight that whenever I put two of the same sized stones out I always had to look through the viewer to be sure. It was slightly different, but only under extremely close observation.

Why then did it take more than three years to sell? Because the comfort of knowing it had the full 100% pattern was not there. Selling the diamond is about the performance, and the pattern is just one of the ways to establish the comfort of knowing the performance is there. (Assuming the correct proportions.)

Could I have called it H&A? Absolutely, we have all seen the earlier example posted by Regular Guy of a horrible scraggly pattern that got the H&A designation by PGS. Should I have done so just to sell a beautiful diamond? ABSOLUTELY NOT! It was not up to my standards, I knew that when I bought the diamond as part of a parcel. Those standards are important to me and they are important to many of us vendors here.

That is why I like Richard Sherwoods comment, ''Precision optical symmetry demonstrated by a non-traditional modified hearts & arrows pattern'', so much. It says what it is with clarity and complimentary srtraight forwardness that will also bring that mind cleaness to the end user.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/9/2008 12:18:11 PM

Date: 8/9/2008 12:09:02 PM

Wink
lol that''s true.
If it was just you and I discussing it we would reach an acceptable answer in about 5 minutes rather than 20 pages and several days.
So true. But then people would miss the firewords and send us messages asking if we were well like they did a few weeks ago.

Am I wrong in assuming that you also like Richard''s suggested verbiage? It just sounds brilliant to me in the clarity of the mid morning.

Wink

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/9/2008 12:22:53 PM

20.gif
From a performance perspective its as outdated as 2d grading system in the overall picture.
From a marketing and historical perspective it is live and well.
I''m willing to let it go at that as long as it is presented in a balanced manner.
So Rhino might have a point here...

Grading systems changed over the last 10-20 years:

-D color became a harder grade to achieve! (it seems like G color is getting as hard to achieve these days!!)
-VS2 clarity became an easier grade to achieve!
-Take for example the fancy color grading systems..., Take a yellow dark cape Diamond which would have earned a Y-Z +/- grade 10-20 yrs. ago will earn the (either light fancy) or fancy grade today...
-Fluorescence became an issue (so it is more seriously graded these days)..., although there are many mistakes...
-RB and fancy cut grades changed over the past years... (recently even more!)

So to my understanding..., unless someone owns the H&A name (which I dont know)..., the parameters are due to change over the years...

Am I wrong in thinking that?

Again..., no agenda!

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock

20.gif
Quite frankly DiaGem, that is the type of "statement" coming from the same type of people who are trying to destroy, for their own advantage or agenda, and intentionally mislead consumers, just like what happened with Rhino and painted halves, which is well documented. Why don''t you all sell junk like you want to, so you can boost your margins.

agc

Shiny_Rock
Marty raises the issue of diamond size with respect to viewer being neglected in grading H&A''s. Wink says it either is a true H&A or it is not with no in between. With this in mind is the 2 ct diamond in this link a true H&A or a non traditional modified H&A? LGF is < 80%

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3488/

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/9/2008 2:58:12 PM

20.gif
Quite frankly DiaGem, that is the type of ''statement'' coming from the same type of people who are trying to destroy, for their own advantage or agenda, and intentionally mislead consumers, just like what happened with Rhino and painted halves, which is well documented. Why don''t you all sell junk like you want to, so you can boost your margins.
Marty..., please define junk....
10.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 12:35:36 PM

Am I wrong in assuming that you also like Richard''s suggested verbiage? It just sounds brilliant to me in the clarity of the mid morning.

Wink
His wording is fine with me.
The optical symmetry is where the performance gain is found if there is one and I think there is.
I can make a very strong case for face up symmetrical contrast patterns being a very important part of visual performance.
Making a case for a performance gain beyond when that is achieved is a much harder task. (good arrows vs perfect hearts)

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 3:05:11 PM

20.gif
Quite frankly DiaGem, that is the type of ''statement'' coming from the same type of people who are trying to destroy, for their own advantage or agenda, and intentionally mislead consumers, just like what happened with Rhino and painted halves, which is well documented. Why don''t you all sell junk like you want to, so you can boost your margins.
10.gif
DiaGem.. forgive me for getting P****d at the tenor, but it sounds to me that everyone (or some) want to loosen whatever (ill defined?) standards existed for years, and play like the GIA game, tailor everything to the mass merchandising mall shops merchandise and call "everything" an EX.

That is the impression I''ve been getting, and I''ve lost my cool a few times with it.

adamasgem

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 12:11:26 PM

Marty,
Keep pushing and you will destroy the old patterns.
I have already stated I''m willing to live and let live in regards to the old standard even if I think its outdated and all about marketing, as long as it is properly described and a fair shake given to other patterns I am ok with it. I don''t have any problem with that.

Frankly I would rather spend my time working on my step cut articles than spend the time tearing down the old standard.
It is a much more productive and a more positive way to spend my time. Yup

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/9/2008 4:18:43 PM

DiaGem.. forgive me for getting P****d at the tenor, but it sounds to me that everyone (or some) want to loosen whatever (ill defined?) standards existed for years, and play like the GIA game, tailor everything to the mass merchandising mall shops merchandise and call ''everything'' an EX.

That is the impression I''ve been getting, and I''ve lost my cool a few times with it.
Marty, good to see you taking a deep breath my friend. You are a true asset here and I dislike seeing your blood pressure rise to such a level.

Wink

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade

20.gif
Quite frankly DiaGem, that is the type of 'statement' coming from the same type of people who are trying to destroy, for their own advantage or agenda, and intentionally mislead consumers, just like what happened with Rhino and painted halves, which is well documented. Why don't you all sell junk like you want to, so you can boost your margins.
10.gif
DiaGem.. forgive me for getting P****d at the tenor, but it sounds to me that everyone (or some) want to loosen whatever (ill defined?) standards existed for years, and play like the GIA game, tailor everything to the mass merchandising mall shops merchandise and call 'everything' an EX.

That is the impression I've been getting, and I've lost my cool a few times with it.

Marty,
I hope 1-2 weeks latter when you read new Tutorial you will understand what you was wrong now with all your conspiracy theory

I do not like spend more time now to try explain you anything because you just do not want listen

BTW You said to Strmdr recently "It still might be too difficult to comprehend for some here who don't want to listen."

You like conspiracy theory to much and it is shift you opinion .

Lets wait new Tutorial

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

20.gif
10.gif
DiaGem.. forgive me for getting P****d at the tenor, but it sounds to me that everyone (or some) want to loosen whatever (ill defined?) standards existed for years, and play like the GIA game, tailor everything to the mass merchandising mall shops merchandise and call ''everything'' an EX.

No need for apologies.
As I dont deal (cut or sell) with RB''s unless they are old and fair in polish or symmetry....
31.gif
, The new precision round cuts are just not my thing! Although I constantly deal with extreme precision Diamonds at a much higher level..., but that another story for another day!

Standards have been in existent for years..., but (thank god) rules were made to be broken! Especially in such a primitive industry as the Diamond industry!
11.gif

I just dont see nor understand the big WHO-HA...

I understand no one owns the H&A line/trademark (unless I dont understand correctly).
No one is disputing the great face up performance of either..., Classic or modified H&A''s
Why cant we be more open minded and accept change easier??

If its a great performer as you guys call them..., then why not accept a heart with a small incision??
33.gif
Its not tailored to the mass..., but is limited from being marketed as a specialty cut!

Marty..., there are two sides to the same coin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results