shape
carat
color
clarity

Trista & Ryan''s Wedding Rings (ABC T.V.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We thought that those of you who have been following the courtship of Trista & Ryan on the ABC Prime Time Television reality show might appreciate a close-up of their diamond wedding rings which were designed by Tacori. The couple was married on television December 10th, however we were not allowed to talk about the rings until just now. The rings are available from a select group of authorized Tacori dealers as a special order item... Not all Tacori dealers have access to the rings, but for those of you who prefer the more subtle look of a diamond eternity ring as opposed to a ring with a larger center stone, these are certainly worth a look:

The three ring set:
trista_ryan_trio3.jpg

For those of you who "have to know" the three ring set retails for $18,600.00 and some change
eek.gif
with a combined total diamond weight of about 3.35 carats. No doubt that marketing plays into the price, but how many times can you say that you''re wearing the same ring as a celebrity? Okay, Okay, besides the CZ knock-off of Jennifer Lopez''s pink diamond ring that we receive 42 ''spam'' email messages for per day?

Trista''s wedding rings:
trista_ryan_set2.jpg

Side profile of Trista''s wedding rings:
trista_ryan_set1.jpg

The People Magazine Cover:
people_magazine_cover1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trista was recently voted the #1 celebrity that customers would rather NOT see pitching any more products or even on a nearby TV screen. Hee Hee...could it be that absolutely irritating baby-talk voice she uses?
errrr.gif

The rings are beautiful (overpriced!)...but I don't think you could pay me to wear the same rings they have....or else her irritating ways may rub off on me too! Honestly, I don't see the appeal in having the same ring that a celebrity does (e.g. Brad and Jennifer's rings are for sale as well)...I mean do I really want to be walking around going...this is the same ring that so and so has?!

Congrats though R&T that you are part of the exclusive club to carry the rings, I am sure not everyone feels as I do, and you will get alot of extra positive press for it from interested customers!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I'm with Mara. Enough already.
snore.gif

I love the fact that my things are unique, many pieces are custom made for me from a drawing or conversation with my jeweler.

They are beautiful pieces, however, and I am sure there is a market.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/26/2003 10:40:20 PM Mara wrote:

We couldn't agree more, we've never been ones to wear anybody else's hat other than our own... Anybody who has read our web site would agree that we definitely ride our own horse. Celebrity endorsements don't make our buying decisons. However, we really like the wider version of the diamond eternity ring and thought that people who follow the show might like to see the rings up close because they really didn't show up on the magazine spread... We've never seen the show, nor heard Trista speak so we can't attest to her squeaky voice... We're not big on television, but we can tell you that local advertisements promoting the rings have brought a lot of people into the store so apparently 'somebody' watches the show...

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure I understand why trista has two wedding rings, am I missing something here? I know she had two wedding dresses, which i thought was a bit much, did she need two rings as well for each dress? I am mildly confused by this, hehe.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
i second your confusion clownfish. But what I'm particularly confused about is the pricepoint !
eek.gif

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
Trista needs two rings because her annoying voice is perhaps the only thing that could shatter a diamond!!! I give them 6 months...kl

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since I am one of the losers who watched the wedding special (ffw'ing through most of their vows and what the hell was up with that ridiculous sand thing?) , I think I heard the Tacori guy (Erik Tacori or something) say something about one being for her RIGHT hand and the other for her left. I believe the thinner one is for her wedding hand and the other thicker one is the right hand.

Price point? Tack 'celebrity' onto it and add Tacori and you got yourself an over-inflated set of rings!
2.gif
Ryan's does look kind of cool though.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys...

I do have to part ways with you here. I have/had no interest in this type of reality (or any reality) tv, so I've never watched Survivor, Osbornes, Bachelor, Bachelorette, or anything of that genre.

That being said, I still wish Trista? and Ryan all the happiness in the world. I *know* getting married is very stressful, and being under a microscope couldn't have helped.

However, I still think they are deserving of happiness, and to walk a true path together.

win

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Win you are so forgiving...T&R chose to publicize their wedding and make it a TV event. They got $1m out of the deal. So I don't have any sympathy for them as to being under the public scrutiny, they asked for it. They could have chosen to stay private with things, but they wanted the $$.

Plus from what I have seen, T is a limelight fan, she loves to be in the thick of things and have her ego stroked with all the attention. Poor R may not even know what he is getting into just yet. I think they really do love each other, but I don't see them making it forever.

Maybe I'm wrong and of course I don't wish divorce or unhappiness on anyone....but I see some very large mis-alignments in their relationship, only time will tell. However, that baby screechy voice just HAS TO GO.
eek.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/29/2003 3:53:24 PM Mara wrote:

Since I am one of the losers who watched the wedding special....

Price point? Tack 'celebrity' onto it and add Tacori and you got yourself an over-inflated set of rings!
2.gif
Ryan's does look kind of cool though.

----------------

All losers present, say "here."

Here!
9.gif

Yeah, Mara, I watched it too, but only pts. 1 & 3. I missed the bachelor party in vegas thing. I love weddings and I just wanted some closure to the one and only episode of Bachelorette I watched last season, the one where Charlie's heart got broken.
5.gif
As far as the sand thing, I thought that was, well, unusual I guess, but meaningful in some sort of way.
rolleyes.gif
The voice, yes, that leaves much to be desired. You can tell she runs the show and that he can do without any of the publicity. Being he is a poet and all, they usually tend to be more private and quiet about things so I was surprised they chose this route because in the beginning (right after the final episode) I thought they proclaimed to keep things private. I guess the money will be life changing for them, I cannot imagine any other reason to put your private life out there for all to see. That was kind of disappointing to me. And by the time it was really over, I was sooooo over the commercialness about the whole thing, how could one not be aware it was not about money at *every turn* from the favors to the gifts to the decor to the everything. It really took the romance out of it. Way too unrealistic for me.

Still I do sincerely wish they make it and can have a truly meaningful life together now that the show is over. Or is it?
rolleyes.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I personally haven't seen the show but know who they are from all the screaming Enquirer headlines at the supermarket checkout line. I guess I should consider myself fortunate to never have heard 'the voice'. He looks like a sweet guy though. I feel for him if she's as annoying and cheesy as she looks.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 12/29/2003 3:53:24 PM Mara wrote:

I think I heard the Tacori guy (Erik Tacori or something) say something about one being for her RIGHT hand and the other for her left.

----------------

As we understand it, the wider ring is the Right Hand Ring, but it would make one heck of a wedding band! Price aside, the pictures really don't do the ring justice. For the record, as Tacori dealers we don't set the price points, Tacori does as does just about every other designer "to maintain the integrity of their name"... Of course, the reality of advertising costs to build their name is a major contributing factor to the ultimate selling price of any branded item, diamonds included.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I missed this thread until now. I was vacationing in Williamsburg, VA, the week after Christmas, and there was a high-end jeweler there (The Precious Gem) that had the 3-ring set on display in their window. Of course, I (also a loser for watching the entire series
9.gif
) recognized the rings and had to go inquire (and try on -- heehee
naughty.gif
). The heavier pave ring is for Trista's right hand although I liked it better for a wedding ring (IMO). Her wedding ring was very, very pretty although a little to dainty for my taste. Mr. Diamondlil and I both agreed that Ryan's was a little feminine but not worth the money for sure.

The saleswoman said they will never be able to sell the rings because of the few people who came in and asked to see them, once they found out they were Trista and Ryan's rings, they wanted nothing to do with them!!!!!
nono.gif
I can't see anyone spending that kind of $$ (not worth it), and I'm sure they will never sell all 3 as a set. I'm sure once all the hype is over and they separate the rings and display them individually (with a markdown?), they will sell.

Diamondlil

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/29/2003 6:33:30 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

----------------
I love weddings and I just wanted some closure to the one and only episode of Bachelorette I watched last season, the one where Charlie's heart got broken.
5.gif
----------------

HA....funny. From where I sat, the only thing that got broken on Charlie was his ego, not his heart! hehehee

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
The sand was very Marin County circa 1973.
9.gif

I like the thinner band. I don't like the men's band at all. Not a fan of foofy rings for boys.
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I saw the People article and was appalled at how overpriced everything was. We all know that even if the Tacori rings were hand engraved by Spanish nuns that they're nowhere near worth that much. And her dress!!! I love Badgley Mischka, but how did she get them to design such a gawd-awful ugly gown---and for that price!

You know, if I were able to spend that much money, I can promise you I'd have much better taste!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA Hest I was thinking the same thing!! Give me a few million and I'd pull off a WAY better and classier wedding than that! Everything they did was CLICHE and so blase....not even anything extraordinary or imaginative!

I would have used alot of crystals in the flowers, chandeliers, and drops, garlands etc to really light up using candlelight (e.g. down the aisle have crystal drop garlands interwoven into the flowers and the stands and along the runner) that would spend some serious change!
2.gif
Maybe diamonds! HaHA!

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Hey Mara-
Have you considered a wedding planning gig? You'd be a great wedding planner. How 'bout you may your debut on our wedding?!? We'll do it anytime and place you have in mind....the budget, however, we'll need to discuss....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results