shape
carat
color
clarity

Trip to Houston and nervous

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Well, as crazy as it seems, DH and I are going shopping at WF and I'm nervous.

We're going to look at the stone I previously posted and some others.
I'll get to see with my own eyes the color and clarity concerns with a larger size stone. I'm not sure the stone I'm considering is going to say "buy me" which is why I'm so nervous.

Any shopping tips, advice, or encouragement is appreciated at this point. My confidence in ability to discern the right stone is wavering.

I've tried to learn if there are any drawbacks to a stone that scores very low on the HCA but can't seem to find anything definitive unless I missed it. Everyone has been so helpful and I am grateful for the support I've been given.

Any last minute advice on a stone that scores 0.7 on HCA?

Mrs T

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodness, I am sorry I missed that last stone you posted on the other thread! It looks like a killer, gorgeous stone from the images! The HCA number is irrelevant below 2. It just means that the stone is worth pursuing. You have beautiful light return images of the stone, so that checks the next box and makes it worth seeing, which you are going to do.

What I will tell you is that I visited WF about 3 weeks ago, and it was a wonderful experience! They have a lovely showroom and make private appointments, so you will have a relaxed environment to take your time and look closely at the diamonds you are going to see. It exceeded all my expectations! I am so glad you decided to go there to look at diamonds! Take a look at their gorgeous bracelets and earrings while you are there, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how exciting!! Wear a white or grey shirt, and plan to tell us about your experience! :))

Luckily... You can completely trust the WF folk to tell you both what there is to know and what you need to know. You can rely on them for honesty and forthrightness - no worrying about the vendor skimming the truth to try and make a sale :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can say is relax...I know, not easy! You're in good hands with the WF folks. It will be no pressure and they will be honest
with you. I'm pretty sure it's not possible to pick a bad ACA...maybe one that is more suited to you than another though. WF will
help you figure that out. Don't be nervous 8) . Be excited!!! :bigsmile: They are all lovely people!

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
DS,Yssie,tyty:

You guys don't know how much your thoughts mean to me. I feel so much better!!

I started panicking with my daughter and sister on the phone today. They correctly reminded me of all the trips I've taken for kids in the past and the trips to look at breeders for a dog purchase. It helped put it in perspective.

I will be sure to be back and let you know the outcome.

Again, thank you, thank you,thank you!

MrsT

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll be likely to never see a selection of diamonds like this anywhere else, so enjoy the rare and wonderful experience! Plus, I can't tell you how genuinely nice these people are! I cannot wait to hear about your trip!!! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there :wavey:

While you're in Houston, if you have time, see if you can squeeze in a visit at Brian Gavin Diamonds, too!

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
PintoBean|1456503613|3996079 said:
Hi there :wavey:

While you're in Houston, if you have time, see if you can squeeze in a visit at Brian Gavin Diamonds, too!

That is a good thought. I have lots of young people in my life approaching the engagement stage and it would be great to see his selection in person.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will have a wonderful time at Whiteflash. My husband likes to take vacations where he can play golf so I am definitely going to suggest somewhere near Whiteflash in the near future.

Tell Vera and Brittany that Marcy and Arrows say hi! :wavey:

Post pictures too. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. T, I don't have much to add but I just wanted to tell I am so excited for you, a getaway with your husband to shop for a diamond sounds fabulous! I think it's wonderful that you will be able to see the diamonds in person. Just try to relax and have a good time, I can't wait to hear about your trip!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You lucky lady!!! Have fun playing with all those gorgeous diamonds and tell them AprilBaby says hello!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely go to BGD! It's a mudt do!

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
I'm sooooo jealous! I'd love to visit their showroom one day. Be sure to come back and tell us all about it :)

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just chiming in to say, how fun and try to just relax and enjoy yourself!! I know there's self-imposed pressure to choose the "right" diamond, but remember, this is a really fun luxury so breathe and enjoy :)) . I can't wait to hear all about it! And yes, please visit BGD while you're so close ::) .

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Hello guys, I'm back.

Thanks for all the encouraging words. Planning the trip to Houston was not an easy decision and so much is always going on in my life.
DH and I had a wonderful time! My last upgrade I did myself with no involvement from him, but this time he wanted a crash course before we left and he participated which was really fun.

I visited BGD and met Leslie. Unfortunately Brian was out of town but I have spoken with him numerous times and they are lovely people. If I didn't find anything at WF I would have put my trust in them thoroughly.

My trip to WF was amazing. It's a beautiful location and a well run machine. We had the tour of the shop and I was fascinated with the photography department since that's one of my hobbies. The were filming a stone and I felt like I was watching magic happen.
We worked with Brittany and met Texas Leaguer (Brian) who made us feel so comfortable. Everyone in Texas are extremely nice. We had really fun conversations with everyone we met.

O.k., by now you're asking did I get anything? Well, we had three stones to look at and I loved the original which I had put a deposit on.
This stone had always been a bit over budget but we really liked it. The problem was I would not be able to set it right away :(

We spent the next umpteen hours trying to decide if it was the right thing to do. Meanwhile a crisis was brewing at home and we were managing that as well.

We went back the next day to view again and another diamond showed up on the site which I asked to see. This one was a color higher and at our price point. I had a very difficult time discerning the color between that stone, my original, and the one I had a deposit on. It took awhile to wrap my brain around all the factors but I made a choice and purchased! :appl:

Now I'm shaking every day hoping I made the right decision. I took some pictures but they're not very good but I will post some soon.

I'm very excited and of course scared but I think I'm going to be happy.
I purchased a 3.5ct I SI1 Expert Selection stone. I put it through the ringer (no pun intended) and feel it's going to be amazing.
I must admit the "I" color has me doubting but I need to trust I made the right decision. After all is said and done, I'm going to have the finger coverage I've been hoping for.

I will be posting pictures soon. I put it in a temporary setting while I try to figure out what type of ring to put it in. Halo or no halo?
As of right now, my intention is no halo on a simple eternity band with an eternity wedding band.

I got a rough price from Bez Ambar for an oval/blaze 3/4 eternity but it was outrageously expensive. So sad because that was a unique setting with those blaze cut squares and ovals. So different. I don't think this can be custom made. I love the scalloped look of that setting.

Thanks to all who have guided and encouraged me in this process.
Mrs T

oval_and_blaze_cut_eternity.jpeg

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
From my phone:

_36628.jpg

side_view_in_normal_ltg.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you had a wonderful trip! I had the same experience there earlier in February! Whiteflash exceeded my expectations! You chose a beautiful stone! :love: :appl:

Regarding your setting, I would get a quote from Victor Canera, too. Top of the line handforged quality. Just one note, though. If you do an e-ring and wedding band with the diamond shanks, you will have to wear a thin spacer band between them or they will hit each other and chip the stones. We used to see that happen and now we just warn people in advance.

https://www.victorcanera.com/

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Some glittering images in jewelry store lighting.

fire_shot-4.jpg

various_eternity.jpg

with_aca_accent-1.jpg

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1457531258|4001992 said:
I am so glad you had a wonderful trip! I had the same experience there earlier in February! Whiteflash exceeded my expectations! You chose a beautiful stone! :love: :appl:

Regarding your setting, I would get a quote from Victor Canera, too. Top of the line handforged quality. Just one note, though. If you do an e-ring and wedding band with the diamond shanks, you will have to wear a thin spacer band between them or they will hit each other and chip the stones. We used to see that happen and now we just warn people in advance.

https://www.victorcanera.com/

Thank you DS! Yes, they mentioned you were there recently. I got a kick out of that.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Congratulations Mrs. T!!!

I knew you would enjoy your visit to WF. The people are so lovely. It's so cool to see how the different departments work to
put everything together. The photography room was also one of my favorites. I applaud WF for putting such an emphasis on
pictures/videos/asets etc. So important for people purchasing over the internet, but there is nothing like seeing them in person!
So glad you got to go and see them with your own eyes!

More pictures when you get your ring...your stone looks lovely!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond looks amazing! Hope you will be very happy with it! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new stone! I too hope you will be very happy with it. I personally would not halo a stone of that size; I'd let it speak for itself. I would prefer pairing it with a beautiful diamond band - classic, timeless and tasteful!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It definitely would be gorgeous in a solitaire, too! Settings are always a hard decision for me!

Have you decided?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you - your beautiful choice AND the experience.
It's so fabulous-looking on the computer screen = totally OTT in person and wish we could see it as you are seeing it now.
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results