shape
carat
color
clarity

Trillion sides for my Marquis?? help..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
I need help deciding if Trillions would be the way to go. I have heard stories about trillions not being cut properly and looking dingy.

I have a .90 Marquis which I absolutely love. The stone is set in a very traditional marquis setting which I hate. This was not my choice. My husband just wanted to present the ring to me ASAP as opposed to waiting for me to design my custom setting.

This all has given me plenty of time to figure out if I really like my original idea of showcasing the marquis with a unique tri-split shank band that my mind''s eye think will work. I figured this was the best way to keep the dainty look I like and make my marquis seem bigger than it really is. The band would be made out of pave diamonds. Since my original jeweler cannot make the was setting to my specifications I have kinda given up on this idea for awhile. Now i''m onto bigger things.
emwink.gif

I saw a marquis setting that had two trillions flanking the center stone and it really caught my eye. I think if I could get some more info about trillions and how to pick two matching stones that are of good quality I could ask my jeweler to make this ring for me and I could still get two small dainty bands to sit on either side of my e-ring.

So.. any idea? Who can tell me the dimensions of the trillions needed to accentuate my marquis and how to pick nicely cut trillions? What should I know about trillions? Are they easy to find? Do you think this would be a nice addition to my marquis? Does anyone have pictures of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results