shape
carat
color
clarity

TriJewels

iceny

Rough_Rock
Greetings from a new member :)

I just got engaged last month and my fiance knows me well enough to let me pick my own engagement ring. However, being a newbie in the diamond and jewelry world, I barely know anything and where to purchase my ring from.
I have my own centerpiece and am looking for a pave setting without having to break the bank (less than $1k, cheaper is better).
Fell in love so much with this one on Whiteflash but it''s more than I want to spend.
I came across a seller on Amazon, TriJewels (link to item on Amazon) and found he also list the same item cheaper on eBay (ebay link)

It sounds to good to be true and I searched the seller name and came up with nothing on Google, no scam stories but no feedback from anyone either. Considering they have 30 days money back guarantee return policy, should I take the plunge? The picture looks a bit yellow but hopefully they''re just bad lighting.

Will I need to get the setting appraised to make sure I''m not getting ripped off?

Welcome and congrats on your engagement!
36.gif
I''ve been checking sellers and lurking here for a couple of weeks myself. I wanted to tell you the trouble with yellow. Yellow is yellow. If you see the yellow now in a photograph (especially as that range is in the "nearly colorless") you will see the yellow forever. If they could trick the lighting to wash out the yellow they would have. It''s their business to know how to take photographs of jewelry. It''s not like you or I trying to capture that same image.

Yes, by all means the rings are bigger online then they are in person, which might make a tiny 10x mag flaw scream "LOOK AT ME" but it wont change yellow. There''s really nothing wrong with the yellow tinge, but you''ll be wearing your rings a long time and if every time you look at them - you see the yellow and you think it might bother you... That''s a long time to be bothered. It doesn''t matter if other people see it or not because for each time someone else sees it you will have looked at it at least 1,000 times.

By all means everything that you buy online should be taken to a gemologist. I have a local guy who will look at the things I pick up and give me an honest answer. Check around to find out where you will take your rings and or stones to have them checked before the rings arrive, maybe even before you buy them. That warranty window is there for you to do just that. Just looking for a confirmation without an actual certification will cost you less and put your mind at ease. Please don''t assume everything is fine that''s how I ended up inheriting beautiful cut glass earrings...

I haven''t used TriJewels - as trying to find out more about them is how I found your post.
4.gif
The listed diamond information is all something I''d be okay with especially to help keep a budget in check except 100/0.54ct that means each diamond is 0.0054 of a carat and that''s itsy bitsy.

Oh and one last note appraisals from the company your buying the ring from can say anything. The real appraisals come from independent labs such as GIA, EGL, AGS, IGI.

There are great deals out there - the trouble comes in trying to finding them. Welcome to the hunt.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
G/H melee should not look yellow...

have you considered eternity diamonds or lord of gem rings on e-bay? I think both of those places carry settings that are not too expensive

jyobha

Rough_Rock
my sister in law bought from this guy Trijewels this company service and product was fine , matter of fact the best thing of buying from places like amazon or ebay are the feedbacks , if the feedbacks are good or very good then there is no sweat. i have seen if i have doubts i call them and if they pick up the phone or come around real quick that means the company ..usually is in business and they are legitimate ..and now days the internet prices are close to 40% lesser than brick-motor store so in short you are taking a chance but the reward is far bigger in the saving..
hope this info helps ...

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Never bought from that particular seller. I have purchased similarly low priced settings from OxfordDiamonds off ebay for cheapie travel rings etc. The metalwork was fine, no porosity and the diamonds were securely set. The diamond melee was very low quality- not yellow really but very, very included- you get more a marcasite look from the melee, no fire or sparkle really. I expected that and was fine with it for a temporary setting or for cheap gemstones, but I wouldn't want that for an ering.

I suspect this seller is likely to be very similar in quality based on the look of the pictures and the prices... there are a number of ebay sellers that carry very similar lines of very cheap, decent workmanship but low quality melee settings. I remember Oxford- or one of the other similar sellers- had a good return policy and it was no problem sending one setting back that I didn't care for (I think I have three or four of these types of settings from various ebay sellers that I've used for gemstones).

I have heard a lot of people in the colored gem forum here using a particular ebay seller, Lord of Gem Rings, for cheap but fairly decent quality semimounts. IIRC, their melee seems to be OK at the standard base level (slightly better than Oxforddiamonds' I assume), but they also let you upgrade the melee quality if you want, or customize things somewhat, which is nice too. You can search in the colored gem section for more info.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results