shape
carat
color
clarity

traveling through life together

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nyc1229

Rough_Rock
First post to the board -- I''ve been lurking & soaking up the good advice on PS, DT, and other boards. Thanks to all.

Summary: We''re engaged!
love.gif
(Proposal story in another post)

Details: Ring is custom plat antique-style with 18K yellow filigree, 6-prong plat crown, with 0.35ctw F/VS1 side baguettes. Size 5.5

Center stone: SuperbCert 1.39/H/VS2/Ex/Ex/Thin-Med/Faint Blue/H&A

Megascope:
7.23x7.26x4.42 mm
Depth 61.0%
Table 55.3-55.7%
Crown Angle 34.1-34.4 deg
Pavil Angle 40.8-41.2 deg
Pavil Depth 43.0-43.5%

Holloway: 1.5 TIC

Brilliancescope: VH2/VH3/VH1

Copy of PICT9142.JPG

nyc1229

Rough_Rock
Top view. Sparkly, huh?
4.gif

Copy of PICT9145.JPG

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, that's a beauty, NYC!, Congrats to you, and best wishes to your fiancee!

win

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
That is lovely! Congratulations!

nyc1229

Rough_Rock
So, the proposal story.

We both really enjoy traveling and have taken several trips together. So, I got a small hardback book called "The Art of Travel" (which is a really good book, by the way). We were about to go out to dinner when I handed her the book, made some sort of comment about how I thought she'd like it, and invited her to look at the page I had marked with a post-it.
read.gif
She did, and saw this. After which she looked up to find me on one knee... and then she said Yes!

Copy of PICT9197.JPG

bht122

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring!! I really llke the two-tone details.
Also, that is one the nicest and most original porposals I have ever heard
1.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and such a wonderful proposal. I just love the stories about how innovative men get!
10.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
NYC!! That ring is awesome and your proposal was really romantic and thoughtful!! Congratulations!!!

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
Ahhhh, what a wonderful proposal, and I LOVE that you showed us a picture of the book. I almost feel like I was there.

Wonderful ring, too.

Congratulations!

Kris

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful Ring.

Who custom made this setting..It is wonderful....

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and lovely engagement story. Congrats!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring and thoughful proposal story! I love that it was so personal and unique.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
What a creative way to propose. Something other than pics or memories! You have the actual book you proposed to!!!! Nice ring too.
21.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your wonderful ring and intriguing pictures surely are the indication of a great story
appl.gif

nyc1229

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the positive comments. The ring was made by Ida's Gems in Cupertino, CA. www.idasgems.com

They are a distributor of several manufacturers and also do a lot of custom work. There were elements I liked (and thought my fiancee would like) from a bunch of different rings I saw, both in-store and online, but I couldn't find one that had it all:

- side baguettes (I thought about a 3-stone round, but liked the way the tapered baguettes lead the eye up to the center stone)
- "semi-cathedral" shoulders
- antique engraved style
- two-tone filigree elements (but not overdone)
- six-prong crown (to emphasize roundness of the diamond)
- curved prongs (to make the crown look more "flower" or "tulip"-like)

From the side view close-up photo, the head area may seem a bit cluttered, but seeing it in person, the diamond is defnitely the star of the show!
10.gif

I met with Anthony Masciarelli at Ida's Gems, described the elements that I liked, then worked with him to modify one of his existing designs. He then ordered the crown & had his shop make a wax mold of the ring so I could visualize how it would look with the desired crown. Then the shop made the ring, had it engraved, & set the diamond, & did a great job!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results