shape
carat
color
clarity

Trapiche emerald ring

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love gems that perform tricks or show off their growth structure.

Here's my trapiche emerald, which Dan M. set in Argentium silver for me. I asked him to leave the sides as open as possible, to let in light, and to put a silver floor under the stone to enhance the color--it looks brownish against my skin otherwise. The star growth pattern creates opaque walls, so the stone can look opaque unless the light is coming from the top, and segments can look dark when the walls block light. It may not be the highest quality emerald in the universe, but it definitely meets my criteria for gems that do tricks.

IMG_3655.jpg IMG_3645.jpg IMG_3646.jpg IMG_3649.jpg IMG_3650.jpg IMG_3651.jpg IMG_3653.jpg IMG_3654.jpg IMG_3657.jpg IMG_3658.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I love it! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
So amazing and unusual!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Really cute! Star / asterism, unusual inclusion patterns and trapiche are so fun. I’d love a pair as earrings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so cute. I’ve never seen a Trapiche set before. I’ve got a couple and they amaze me. Have you seen a ruby one? They’re equally as dazzling. Congratulations on such a unique ring.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, jewelry friends!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. A brilliant design to let the light in while firmly holding the stone.

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL gem!!!! Ive never seen anything like this before and I am absolutely enchanted! Are the inclusions purely internal, or can you feel ridges on the outside of the stone?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL gem!!!! Ive never seen anything like this before and I am absolutely enchanted! Are the inclusions purely internal, or can you feel ridges on the outside of the stone?

Thank you, Quietly. I can't feel ridges, but the spokes are inclusions of a different mineral that reach the surface.

Here's a good article about trapiche emeralds and how they form:

Don't see trapiche emeralds very often. Thank you so much for sharing!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
For fun, here are a couple of sunlight shots of three of my stones that play tricks: the trapiche emerald, a bluish gray star sapphire (it's much more translucent and less opaque looking in real life than in the photo), and my chrysoberyl cats eye.

IMG_3688.jpg IMG_3693.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For fun, here are a couple of sunlight shots of three of my stones that play tricks: the trapiche emerald, a bluish gray star sapphire (it's much more translucent and less opaque looking in real life than in the photo), and my chrysoberyl cats eye.

IMG_3688.jpg IMG_3693.jpg

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
These are great...I love the cat's eye chrysoberyl!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful stone! I've never seen one like this before & it's captivating! The colour is gorgeous too :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results