shape
carat
color
clarity

Transitional Cut

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many years ago (20+) a jeweler told me that I had an EOC, a transitional and a modern cut diamond (one of each, not all in one!) Of course, being young and foolish, I assumed I'd remember this info, even though they all were rounds to me.

Fast forward to 6 years ago and I found Pricescope and learned all sorts of things I never knew about diamonds. I fairly quickly identified my grandmother's ering, circa 1928, as the piece that has the EOC. But which the others is the transitional? It could be either my mom's stone, bought by my father as a round in 1964, or my own erring, DH was given the stone by his grandmother, with no information about it at all.

So, here's my question: is there a link or a tutorial for me to figure it out? I have no reason to want to know, but my own curiosity and love for my pieces. (I considered putting this question in the Antique and Vintage Jewelry section of the message board, but that part doesn't appear to get much action anymore. :( )

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Post nice close-up pictures of each and we can help identify each one. The Old European Cut (OEC), transitional, and round brilliant have different facet patterns.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post clear photos of the stones looking at the face straight on (not tilted) and we should all be able to tell you what they are.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea. Thank you for considering helping me that way. Right now, I only have the e-ring at home. I will take pictures of it tomorrow and see what you think. Thanks, again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results