shape
carat
color
clarity

trading in or resetting estate jewelry....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deegirl

Rough_Rock
hi. My Mom gave me quite a bit of her and my Grandmother''s old diamond jewelry and 14k gold jewelry. Included in the mix are broaches, older wedding ring sets and a large necklace made of individually strung citrines. What I would like to do is have one of the larger diamonds reset into a much fancier ring and maybe trade the rest of the older jewelry for one very nice piece of new jewelry design, all without having much of a cash outlay.

Do jewelers accommodate this type of thing? I would appreciate any and all advice anyone out there has about this sort of transaction and how one should negotiate with a jeweler in this case. thank you! Dee

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hello!

A member of my extended family did something similar with a local jeweler. The only problem they ran into years later was that they missed having some of the precious things from their family. She traded two small antique wedding ring sets and a 2cttw diamond/yellow gold necklace....and was able to use one of the diamonds for a "project" she wanted (a new style ring)...She ended out wishing she kept the jewelry she was given.

Normally local jewelers that deal in estates should be able to help you...the only thing to make sure is that you are really willing to part with family history.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results