carat
color
clarity

Trade in with White Flash

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@diamondnewbie,
Thank you for considering an upgrade. While the two stones are very close in all aspects, I personnally think the difference in size makes sense. It is marginally bigger, but also jumps size category from 2 .5 to 2.7 essentially. The advantage in a trade up policy without restrictions is that you can take advantage of small increases in value without having to go deep into your wallet!

With regard to visual aspects of light performance between the two, I have asked our photo team to capture and post a 'brilliance' video of the new stone. It is a new additional video that we are in the process of producing on all of our in-house diamonds that uses a more diffuse lighting environment, as opposed to the directional and more fire friendly environment of our current video. Only about half of our A CUT ABOVE diamonds have them so far, but over the next month or so all will have them. It is a bit easier to see into the stone and look for clarity characteristics, so it may be useful to you in making this decision.

We can also hold your original stone for a bit until you have a chance to check out the new stone and be certain that it accomplishes your goal. Also remember that the new stone continues to carry the same upgrade benefit as your original so you can always trade it later if you see another that you like better.

* note: on the diamonds that have the second video, you will still see only one thumbnail in the collection of advanced light performance images. However when you click on that thumbnail you will see two tabs on the top if the diamond has the second video. Click the one on the right to run the 'brilliance" video.

Here is an example of a diamond with both sparkle and brilliance videos so you can check it out.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4227293.htm

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@Texas Leaguer I'm impressed by your level of customer service!

OP, is the new diamond bigger on the top or only deeper ? I think where the extra size is will make a difference whether it looks larger or not.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I‘m usually quite size sensitive but this time I’ve been squinting at my screen to discern which diamond was the bigger one - I couldn’t figure it out.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If size is important to you, then trade up. Also, keep in mind **the larger you go in size, the more expensive it is** even for incremental changes such as .10 - .20. You have to balance your wants, your budget & what inventory is available. Sometimes it's slim pickings. I just went up only .15mm from my present stone to the new one. Will I see a difference? I will as I see small changes very easily, often at .10mm. But if I didn't go for the .15mm change, as it was within my budget, the next size up, very minimal, was $2-3,000 more. Again, all 3 (wants, budget & inventory) have to line up.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I‘m usually quite size sensitive but this time I’ve been squinting at my screen to discern which diamond was the bigger one - I couldn’t figure it out.
If size is important to you, then trade up. Also, keep in mind **the larger you go in size, the more expensive it is** even for incremental changes such as .10 - .20. You have to balance your wants, your budget & what inventory is available. Sometimes it's slim pickings. I just went up only .15mm from my present stone to the new one. Will I see a difference? I will as I see small changes very easily, often at .10mm. But if I didn't go for the .15mm change, as it was within my budget, the next size up, very minimal, was $2-3,000 more. Again, all 3 (wants, budget & inventory) have to line up.

Hi there, yes size is somewhat important to me, and it’s .1mm different in width and .1 different with depth. It’s an even trade. I think this is no brainer for me. I can see .05different!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
@Texas Leaguer I'm impressed by your level of customer service!

OP, is the new diamond bigger on the top or only deeper ? I think where the extra size is will make a difference whether it looks larger or not.

Hi there, the diamond is .12mm bigger on top and it’s about .16mm deeper as well. So there are some obvious different to me. While I think both ACA should both have excellent sparks and brilliance, the extra size definitely will make a difference for me.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Hi there, the diamond is .12mm bigger on top and it’s about .16mm deeper as well. So there are some obvious different to me. While I think both ACA should both have excellent sparks and brilliance, the extra size definitely will make a difference for me.

I’m excited for you!! How fun to have an upgrade for zero cost!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond finally arrived to WF and they sent me some images. I found the 2.7ct J diamond have a brown tint. They told me it does have a yellow brown hue when viewing from the side. The girl who is helping me also told me this hue actually make J color look more white on the top. What do you guys think about this hue? I personally feel my 2.5 J look whiter on top and have a nicer color on the side.

Then I saw they have another K color 2.9ct. I liked it with my first glance because the nice big arrows! So I asked for pictures. It even have a similar side color to my 2.5ct J.

please tell me what you guys think. Thanks.

57D0C7E1-F069-4E97-955E-32C9B09F589E.jpeg 4AAF4F79-59B4-4A56-82E3-DAEE907A5F86.jpeg

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your stone has less obstruction then the other 2 being considered but color difference between the new J and K appears negligible

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just saw the picture & all of a sudden I realized that the 2.725 was once my stone! I am very sensitive to brown hues. I was also told that the yellow brown hue would make the stone look whiter. That the brown was a non issue. I absolutely saw brown every time I looked at the stone. Made me cry. I ended up trading up to my 2.88 stone which was much happier with. I prefer the creamy, standard hue of the J. I have a thread on this stone, which I'll have to find. I had to pay quite a bit to go up to the 2.88 so make sure the stone you choose ticks all the boxes. So when it came to upgrading to the 2.996, I was very adamant that both stones be evaluated side by side in terms of colour. I got burnt once & I didn't want the same thing to happen. If the 2.996 had come back that there was brown in it, I would have kept my 2.88. There are a lot of J's on the site I see. Goodness that K is very pretty. If that K is a standard creamy K without the brown, I bet it might be worth taking a look at. Taking a good look at the pictures, if it's in budget, I would look at the K! Size wise it would be a sweet jump up. Does your ering have a covered basket?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's my thread..

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw the picture & all of a sudden I realized that the 2.725 was once my stone! I am very sensitive to brown hues. I was also told that the yellow brown hue would make the stone look whiter. That the brown was a non issue. I absolutely saw brown every time I looked at the stone. Made me cry. I ended up trading up to my 2.88 stone which was much happier with. I prefer the creamy, standard hue of the J. I have a thread on this stone, which I'll have to find. I had to pay quite a bit to go up to the 2.88 so make sure the stone you choose ticks all the boxes. So when it came to upgrading to the 2.996, I was very adamant that both stones be evaluated side by side in terms of colour. I got burnt once & I didn't want the same thing to happen. If the 2.996 had come back that there was brown in it, I would have kept my 2.88. There are a lot of J's on the site I see. Goodness that K is very pretty. If that K is a standard creamy K without the brown, I bet it might be worth taking a look at. Taking a good look at the pictures, if it's in budget, I would look at the K! Size wise it would be a sweet jump up. Does your ering have a covered basket?

Thank you for informing me! I personally prefer the yellow hue than brown as well. The 2.9 K is within budget and I don’t have to add too much money. The hue, size, color and that fat arrows work for me. That’s why when I first saw my heart jumped.

I had my doubts on the 2.72 J. I just thought why not since it’s the same price as my 2.5ct, but I guess we all get what we pay for and there is a reason why the price difference is so minimal between the 2 diamonds. Also on the sparkle videos, I realized the 2.72 have less sparkles.

my setting head is almost like the Tiffany six prong. This picture is my J color.

225869ED-DDE9-48C9-9F4A-61EA7E5256BA.jpeg

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I think your stone has less obstruction then the other 2 being considered but color difference between the new J and K appears negligible

The New J to me have a brown hue in it. The K color seems pretty to me because they took picture of another K and it was much darker. So maybe this K is a higher K.

take a look at this image on a different K.

Attachments

• F2FDCE3C-7FD2-496C-8F69-84180E00F0BA.jpeg
    F2FDCE3C-7FD2-496C-8F69-84180E00F0BA.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 29
  • A8F7A707-E0BA-4CB6-8D4E-DE3893364A79.jpeg
    A8F7A707-E0BA-4CB6-8D4E-DE3893364A79.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 30

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
The New J to me have a brown hue in it. The K color seems pretty to me because they took picture of another K and it was much darker. So maybe this K is a higher K.

take a look at this image on a different K.

Just my two cents (since I am a color freak), the K faces up brownish, faces down brown. 2.55 faces up the whitest of all three. Since K is the biggest of them all, the color might be more profound.

The decision is up to you - if you want to sacrifice color for the size.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Just my two cents (since I am a color freak), the K faces up brownish, faces down brown. 2.55 faces up the whitest of all three. Since K is the biggest of them all, the color might be more profound.

The decision is up to you - if you want to sacrifice color for the size.

Hi, I hope you didn’t get confused. There is two K diamond I posted, one so look very brown to me. 2.97 is the one look brown to me, 2.93 is the one I thought have a little yellow hue. I am purchasing the 2.93cy one. Which one are you saying have brown hue?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
@diamondnewbieny I thought the 2.93 K stone reminded me of another stone that I had seen before. I went back to check and I think it’s @TweetyBird23’s old stone that she didn’t have for long. More pics of it here, it’s a gorgeous diamond imo, go for it!

Wow. Isn’t that something. I wonder why she didn’t keep it, it looks great from looking at her pictures. And I am wondering why the AGS certificate is dated May 2020 but she had it in 2019. Maybe they try to make it a J color so they can sell for more?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Isn’t that something. I wonder why she didn’t keep it, it looks great from looking at her pictures. And I am wondering why the AGS certificate is dated May 2020 but she had it in 2019. Maybe they try to make it a J color so they can sell for more?

No, I think they send all ACA diamonds taken back in as trades for new grading reports.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are awesome! How interesting is it that both diamonds that I considering were owned by priceacopers.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your rings are gorgeous. :) Will WF be able to fit a new head to accommodate the increase in size?

The 2.93 K looks like a high K. Whiter & brighter than the 2.97 K for sure. I hope it makes you smile when you get it. :).

I wish someone on PS would have owned the one I’m upgrading to. Lol. I’d love to get a consumers view of the stone. You’re lucky. Lol.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say of the three diamonds posted in that last image, your current stone looks the best to me. I wouldn't go down a color grade (to the 2.93 K). You'll see the tint in a K, and I can definitely see the difference in the color brightness between your stone and the K in the picture. Be patient and the right stone will come along!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS has some sound, practical advice.

I’m not sure I’m even making the right choice to trade up. I’m definitely a size whore, my downfall & I admit that. :-/. The thought of going bigger is exciting. We’ll both have time to think (obsess). about it over the weekend. Lol. o_O My stone won’t ship to DK till Monday.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are gorgeous. :) Will WF be able to fit a new head to accommodate the increase in size?

The 2.93 K looks like a high K. Whiter & brighter than the 2.97 K for sure. I hope it makes you smile when you get it. :).

I wish someone on PS would have owned the one I’m upgrading to. Lol. I’d love to get a consumers view of the stone. You’re lucky. Lol.

They have to retip the prong but my setting still fit.
And I do feel lucky to come along this stone.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I will say of the three diamonds posted in that last image, your current stone looks the best to me. I wouldn't go down a color grade (to the 2.93 K). You'll see the tint in a K, and I can definitely see the difference in the color brightness between your stone and the K in the picture. Be patient and the right stone will come along!

Thanks for the advice! I’m definitely testing the water with my color intolerance. Would it make you feel different if I tell the the money difference is $1000 addition for the K? Not including the setting fee.

I am all over the place. I got H, then went to E, and I see did see the difference but it didn’t matter that much to me and I didn’t think the money spent was worth it. Then I went to J. I compared it to an I and again I see the difference, but my J’s cut was so much better.

so now... I am thinking I might even be ok with K. Size matters to me more than color because of my chubby fingers. I think I will give it a try and ask them to hold on to my J. I feel this Khas very similar color looking from the side which I think I might be ok, from the top there is a little difference, but I am not sure if I am able to tell because I won’t have two diamond next to each other when it’s on my hands. For the size I can definitely tell tho. I wanted something similar like my J but bigger. Small table, fat arrows, and depth between 60.5-61.5.

Finger Crossed! I remembered you helped me with the J diamond that I picked as well, it’s definitely a great pick!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results