shape
carat
color
clarity

TQ Diamonds

Claw M.D.

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any experience with them (in-store or online)? They have the Tacori setting my girlfriend likes and they will honor the pre-increase price if I buy today. Also, I am out of state so would save on sales tax. They seem to have a good reputation and the Tacori site lists them as a recommended vendor, but I was just curious if anyone here had anything to say about them.

Also, if I buy the setting from them I would probably not feel comfortable sending them my diamond to be set - is it generally difficult to find a local jeweler to set the stone if the diamond and setting are purchased elsewhere?

Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ideally you should buy the setting from someone who will send the stone to Tacori to set. We've seen (on the forum) too many jewelers mess up Tacori settings. I'd go to a local jeweler who does it the right way. They will then service the ring for you. There are little stones that come out, etc. I'd recommend finding an excellent local jeweler and be SURE they are sending your stone to Tacori to have the ring made to fit the stone and in her size. That is the only way the warranty will be good. Paying a little more now may save you from major headaches later. You can do a search for Tacori on here and you can see various problems.

Claw M.D.

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply. Sorry to be a contrarian, but I just returned from the appraiser, who said it should be fine to have the stone set locally. Is there anything in particular that would create a problem? The setting I am looking at is below:

http://www.tqdiamonds.com/shop-online/engagement-rings/tacori/tacori/tacori-18-karat-simply-tacori-engagement-ring-2601rd7.html

My other option is to buy the setting locally from GOG - any idea whether they would they ship the stone to Tacori or set it themselves (I would ask them but they are closed today)? I was in there yesterday and they gave me the quote only for platinum, and not 18K white - they said they would call tomorrow. I am thinking this may mean they are waiting until the price increase is effective in order to give me the quote, but I don't know. In any case, my understanding is the increase is effective tomorrow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Sorry we never saw the follow-up post above. So you are saying that Tacori will honor their warranty if a stone is set at a Tacori authorized jeweler? We've just seen some botched setting jobs here before (by jewelers selling Tacori settings), so we usually tell people to deal with an authorized dealer who will send the stone to Tacori to set.

darena

Rough_Rock
I know its an old post, but I wanted to give my review of T.Q.Diamonds.
I ordered my Tacori setting from Tim. Tim sent the order to Tacori and I from my side, sent Tacori my diamond. Tacori set the diamond in the setting and sent it back to Tim
All together my setting was $1,900 ( just as advertised by Tacori) There was no sales tax, no setting fee and no shipping fees. Tim was very responsive. Highly recommend.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results