shape
carat
color
clarity

Totally Artificial Beverage

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aka TAB. Just found out they are stopping production of TAB.

I didn't know it was still being produced.
IMO it tastes disgusting.

What products do you miss and what products do you think we get rid of?

cocacolacalvinandhobbes.gif

I was a Coca Cola girl when I used to drink soda.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they still producing Twinkies? IDK but oh that tasted so good. Despite not being "good" for us. It tasted yummy.

Here's a list of what foods are longer being produced.

I loved wild cherry Jello when I was little.
I am not familiar with much of the food on that discontinued list.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never heard of it.

I don't drink diet soft drinks as I cannot stand the taste of artificial sweetners.

I love full sugar pops such as 7-Up, Fanta, Lilt, Coke and Schweppes Cream Soda.

And I LOVE ice cream floats with Coke or Cream Soda.

Have to cut down on pops now due to health issues, and have started to buy tiny mixer cans of 150ml so that I could have fix from time to time.

I had a small can of Sprite with Aperol a few days ago, and found it to be very sweet as I have grown accustomed to less sugar in my drinks.

DK :))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never heard of it.

I don't drink diet soft drinks as I cannot stand the taste of artificial sweetners.

I love full sugar pops such as 7-Up, Fanta, Lilt, Coke and Schweppes Cream Soda.

And I LOVE ice cream floats with Coke or Cream Soda.

Have to cut down on pops now due to health issues, and have started to buy tiny mixer cans of 150ml so that I could have fix from time to time.

I had a small can of Sprite with Aperol a few days ago, and found it to be very sweet as I have grown accustomed to less sugar in my drinks.

DK :))

I try to avoid all artificial sweeteners - I hate the weird aftertaste and I'm not convinced they're not confusing our bodies! - but they are hard to avoid now, thanks to the UK government's anti-sugar push, whereby all the manufacturers have done is reduce sugar and replace what was taken out with sweeteners... :roll:

Check out the ingredients list on even 'full sugar' drinks now!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once picked up a diet Lilt by mistake - it only took one sip for me to realise my mistake!

I thought I would be good and try Coke Zero, took one sip and the rest of the bottle went down the sink.

DK :roll2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young I didn’t care nor did I know better. We consumed a lot of soda. By the time I reached age 17 however I eschewed all carbonated beverages as they made my tummy hurt. And as I learned more I realized how harmful soda and artificial sweeteners and added sugar in general could be. Live and learn.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We found a bottle of Tab (unopened) probably from the 80's *he said 70's* at his dad's house when we were cleaning it out.

He wanted to keep it. Out of ALL THE STUFF IN THAT HOUSE, he decided it was a great idea to keep the bottle of Tab and of course allow it to take up space in a box to come 1500+ miles from New England to FL....

So yes, I've got it still...lol
20201017_092113[1].jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IIRC we in the UK had 'Tab Clear' for a while in the 90s - tasted sort of like a cola but clear?

As we the British are not that fond of total crap food, I don't think it lasted long :D lol

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young I didn’t care nor did I know better. We consumed a lot of soda. By the time I reached age 17 however I eschewed all carbonated beverages as they made my tummy hurt. And as I learned more I realized how harmful soda and artificial sweeteners and added sugar in general could be. Live and learn.

I may be wrong... (very possible...) but I think the CO2 in carbonated drinks also leeches calcium from your bones??

If it does, that is far from ideal for ladies, who seem to suffer more with osteoporosis!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tab tasted horrible...............

I do have a Tab story.
Many years ago a friend of mine was a devoted fan of Monty Python.
She was lucky enough to see Graham Chapman at some kind of seminar at a local university.
During the event, Graham was sipping on a can of Tab. Afterwards, my friend ran up on the stage and claimed the can! I'm sure she still has it to this day.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why does anyone drink any sodas? :knockout:
Zero nutrition.
Filthy habit, like smoking.

I'm happy to read about places that ban sodas, or tax them.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why does anyone drink any sodas? :knockout:
Zero nutrition.
Filthy habit, like smoking.

I'm happy to read about places that ban sodas, or tax them.

Agreed on the first part :)

but I do think that we should be allowed a degree of autonomy when it comes to whether we want to damage ourselves in some way.

After all, if we didn't have such autonomy, we couldn't drive ourselves, skydive, drink alcohol, enjoy a chocolate treat now and then... and life is about balancing safety with risk, healthy with treats, staidness with fun! :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may be wrong... (very possible...) but I think the CO2 in carbonated drinks also leeches calcium from your bones??

If it does, that is far from ideal for ladies, who seem to suffer more with osteoporosis!

You’re right. It does.

Agreed on the first part :)

but I do think that we should be allowed a degree of autonomy when it comes to whether we want to damage ourselves in some way.

After all, if we didn't have such autonomy, we couldn't drive ourselves, skydive, drink alcohol, enjoy a chocolate treat now and then... and life is about balancing safety with risk, healthy with treats, staidness with fun! :))

Agreed. We must allow others the freedom to make these kind of decisions. As ill advised as they may be...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tab tasted horrible...............

I do have a Tab story.
Many years ago a friend of mine was a devoted fan of Monty Python.
She was lucky enough to see Graham Chapman at some kind of seminar at a local university.
During the event, Graham was sipping on a can of Tab. Afterwards, my friend ran up on the stage and claimed the can! I'm sure she still has it to this day.

Wow. That’s cool. Lol I’ve never been a fan of anyone as much as to do something like that but I love her enthusiasm. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We found a bottle of Tab (unopened) probably from the 80's *he said 70's* at his dad's house when we were cleaning it out.

He wanted to keep it. Out of ALL THE STUFF IN THAT HOUSE, he decided it was a great idea to keep the bottle of Tab and of course allow it to take up space in a box to come 1500+ miles from New England to FL....

So yes, I've got it still...lol
20201017_092113[1].jpg

Hahahaha love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to drink Tab all the time before they switched to nutri sweet. Now I drink classic Coke.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have always disliked most fizzy drinks as i dont like the bubbles
in the '80's my cousin used to drink Tab
havn't seen it for years

I have never liked Coke - its vial
We stay away from those diet drinks too
i really hate the taste of artificial sweetner like aspartame
Its also really bad for you
It tastes funny and more than one biscuit (cookie) or drink i feel sick

I have always mostly just drunk tap water

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's not really *totally* artificial because soda is 90-99% water. But it's still not good for you, of course.

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taxing or banning soda? Yeah, should be right up there with heroin or murder even. :roll:

That kind of nanny state makes me want to go off the grid for sure.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
That Tab font is the best. Makes me think of feathered haircuts and Tabu perfume.

Shake your head darling!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Tab font is the best. Makes me think of feathered haircuts and Tabu perfume.

Shake your head darling!

Remember when the A was like a spiral?
It had saccharine. Then they said saccharine caused cancer in lab rats. Yikes!

1603038298020.png

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Remember when the A was like a spiral?
It had saccharine. Then they said saccharine caused cancer in lab rats. Yikes!

1603038298020.png

I remember it well lol.

Just 1 calorie, Tab!!! What a beautiful drink!

((Wanders off to youtube to watch old eps of the Gong Show and the $1.98 Beauty Pageant))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I don't even remember these commercials. Does anyone remember them?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I don't even remember these commercials. Does anyone remember them?

I definitely remember the first one with the
Afghan hound riding in the convertible.
When the jingle started playing, I remembered all the words.
"For beautiful people"............... :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely remember the first one with the
Afghan hound riding in the convertible.
When the jingle started playing, I remembered the words. "For beautiful people"............... :lol:

Yeah I have no memory of this lol. But I never drank TAB. It tasted to me vile.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I have no memory of this lol. But I never drank TAB. It tasted to me vile.

My mom used to drink it. She was a constant dieter.
But I probably watched too much TV as a kid!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom used to drink it. She was a constant dieter.
But I probably watched too much TV as a kid!

Haha I think we all did. Watch too much TV as a kid. I remember coming home from school and watching All My Children with my mom and sister. :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I think we all did. Watch too much TV as a kid. I remember coming home from school and watching All My Children with my mom and sister. :lol:
Yes! All my Children! Then we would change the channel to The Guiding Light. Ahhh, the old days.........

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taxing or banning soda? Yeah, should be right up there with heroin or murder even. :roll:

That kind of nanny state makes me want to go off the grid for sure.

Yeah. I can think of a lot of things that people do that upset me more than drinking too much soda. Regulating food choices is a parent's job, not ghe responsibility of the government. Shall we also tax people who eat too much food? I propose a 5% tax on Ben and Jerrys.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results