shape
carat
color
clarity

TOTAL DEPTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Balustroid

Rough_Rock
I am trying to get the best cut diamond I can find. In where I live, only GIA and HRD (Belgium) certified diamonds are widely available. Most jewellers I''ve been to were not very excited about cut. HRD certificates provide table percentage, crown height, pavillion depth, girdle and culet. To get the total depth, do I add crown height + pav depth + girdle?

Thanks to Pricescope that I''m learning so much here. Few months ago, I thought of buying the best colour and average clarity certified diamond because I thought that was a good formula and furthermore I knew nothing about cut. Now I know that cut is very, very important.

bof

Rough_Rock
yes. add the greatest gridle percentage to the crown and pavillion to get total.

bof

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
With an HRD cert, you need to add crown, pavilion and girdle (eg cr 14.5% + pav 43% + gir thin 2.5% = 60%). They measure girdle differently from GIA, so you need to add up the girdle % stated and not add 1.7% to it. Otherwise, you should divide the stone's depth by the average diameter (eg if a stone measures 6.50x6.54x4.15mm, then it's 4.15 / [(6.50+6.54)/2] or 63.7%). Have fun!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results