shape
carat
color
clarity

toronto proposal. ideas. suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alifeinwords

Rough_Rock
OK. I normally don''t seek out advice on the Internet. Not for car insurance, thesis ideas or even stock quotes. But I came upon this Web site while searching for romantic getaways for a trip I''m taking next weekend. I''m going to propose to my girlfriend of 8 years next weekend and I want to make it special. She has no idea what''s going on. She thinks we''re headed there to celebrate my recent graduation from college, but in truth, I''m taking her there to ask her to marry me.

What I ask of you, since you guys seem to have some solid advice, is where is the most romantic/special/cool place in the TdotO to ask the ten million dollar question? There was a post that came up from Google on here, but that was from December, does anyone have any good ideas? Outdoor? Indoor?

Some things to consider:

- Price, not really a big deal, but I don''t want to take out a mortgage to eat at the place.
- I''m a vegetarian, so the menu sould have something I could eat.
- Actually, that''s about it.

Have at it kids.

Cheers,
Bry

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You could propose in the restaurant at the top of the CN tower. On a clear day it is spectacular and the restaurant revolves so you can see the lake and all of the downtown.

Another choice might be center island which is an island off the shore of downtown. It is lovely there as well and especially looking back at the city, the view is awesome!

I will let you know if I think of anything else.....good luck to you and congratulations!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Has this event already occurred? If it has not, then are you from the Toronto area, and are you really planning to do the deed in a restaurant? If you're from the area, it should be relatively easy to set something romatic up from say, Hamilton or Missisauga in downtown TO. Visit torontolife.com to check for vegan restaurants in your area. If you want something else, then a little trip to the TO city web site should point you in the direction of some really small, pretty parks in discrete neighborhoods of TO. With the fledging of leaves and tulips, there should be a plethora of romantic park-like semi-private spots for this deliciously private moment.

Happy proposing!

Edited to add: The CN tower is a fabulous stop for a touristy visit, but not really an ideal proposal spot. It can be filled with people, especially when the weather is clear and sunny, and the food in the restaurant is average at the best of times. Good luck finding something truly vegan there. There are other places in TO with a view that offer better dining and a more subtle atmosphere (Canoe but bring a fat wallet, and ask if they have a veggie entree before booking).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results