shape
carat
color
clarity

TORONTO, ON area independent appraisers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OMG

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have not got my ring yet (not sure when I will), but thought I would start asking around if anyone in the Toronto area knows of any independent appraisers I could take my ring too?

Angeleyez

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We used Martin Sheffield located in Thornhill.

Here''s his contact info:

Independent Gemmological Services

Address: 137 Rodeo Drive
Thornhill, ON L4J 4Y6

Phone: 905-731-4247
Fax: 905-882-1847

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Martin is a good guy, but isn''t he deeply involved in Internet diamond selling through another firm? Such a relationship "might" appear as a bias to independence as a diamond appraiser.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG,

I've heard great things about Harold Weinstein - http://www.hwgem.com/hwabout.htm. He's got an excellent reputation and is located on Queen St. just east of Yonge. I haven't used his services yet because I just got my ering two weeks ago and I want to make a few modifications before I have it appraised, but I plan on going to him when my ring's ready. When I called for more information the person I spoke to was very helpful and their rates are reasonable.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was appraised by Harold Weinstein, as I too had heard that he is the most reputable.

Only thing that I thought was that the appraised value was over inflated. I know there is a lot of discussion about appraised value, and I don''t know what is right, but in the end the appraised value on my ring has made it all but uninsurable (it''s just so darn expensive!)

However, in Toronto, he is considered to be the best.

Not sure if that helped...

OMG

Rough_Rock
Thank you soo much guys! I will keep this on file for when I go to get my ring Appraised. Just one more question though....

I plan on getting my ring reset when I get it..... so should I get the stone appraised loose and then when the setting is done and the diamond is in it.. should I get it apprasied again??

What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results