shape
carat
color
clarity

Torn Strand of Emeralds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have a beautiful strand of graduated emerald chips which was strung on some kind of thread that broke recently! I have no idea when or how the thread snapped; I simply found it on my floor, broken
33.gif
I''m really careful with my jewelery, but I''m guessing I must have taken it off and put it on my desk, and it was then knocked to the ground somehow. After that, no clue.

Does anyone have anything similar, a gemstone strand? What did you string it on, and how?

CIMG2023.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your local jeweller might be able to help you out. I don''t know if silk thread is used.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Szh I don''t have any advice, but it sure looks like a fun and beautiful piece to have. I hope you can get it repaired soon.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Bummer about your pretty necklace! I looks like it shoud be an easy fix - send it to me, I''ll do it!

currada

Rough_Rock
I have a few of these necklaces some are strung like pearls with knots between the gemstone beads and another is strung beads only without the knots. Any jeweler that restrings pearls can help you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re near a bead shop, they can sell you the appropriate thread (often pre=threaded on a needle). If you''ve ever wanted to make any changes to this necklace ... add an adjustable chain, or change the findings, for example... they could also help you there!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Aww Cellentani, you are so sweet! I''ve been reading your threads on stringing over in Pearls. It looks like you are really getting to be a pro!
4.gif

Thank you everyone for your ideas! It''s starting to make me wonder if I should upgrade the clasp
31.gif
31.gif
. Does anyone out there have a fancy clasp, or even a gemstone clasp?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
szho7, do you just have a filligree box clasp now? I just got some new thread, and so far, it''s my favorite! I''ve been practicing with french wire at the ends (instead of using crimp beads, and I think that would look nice on your necklace! I''ll have to scout around for some clasps, and I''ll keep your necklace in mind.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You can use something like accu-flex to string your beads, it comes in different colours, you don't need to knot with these, just find a size that fits snugly into the bead holes, I used a similar material to string these necklaces. I also like using vermeil gold beads as accents and I use vermeil gold clasps, vermeil findings are not expensive but very nice looking.

Other materials and equipment I used: jump rings, crimps, crimper.

IMG_1004 (520x390).jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems, I LOVE that lotus! Where did you find it?

I once strung a row of pearls on fishing line - it will hold up to anything!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty necklace, I''m sure you can find someone to restring it. I''d take a chance and check out your local bead shop.

LG -- very cool work you do. I really like the lotus necklace.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
MP: Lotus charm from Etsy vendor Spiritual charm beads.

And thanks SH.
12.gif

Nacre

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 3:06:20 PM
Author:szh07
I have a beautiful strand of graduated emerald chips which was strung on some kind of thread that broke recently! I have no idea when or how the thread snapped; I simply found it on my floor, broken
33.gif
I''m really careful with my jewelery, but I''m guessing I must have taken it off and put it on my desk, and it was then knocked to the ground somehow. After that, no clue.

Does anyone have anything similar, a gemstone strand? What did you string it on, and how?

Hi!

I nearly bought a strand of black diamonds once and then stopped myself...what on earth would I thread it on?!

Your emeralds will probably cut through any thread eventually in my experience. I never thread on silk, and my recommendation is to use only 100% polyester if you want the security of a knotted strand. Make sure the threader uses the maximum strands for the beads, but also consider that this will change to overall look of your necklace. The beads will show the knots in between as gaps.

The other option is to use tiger tail. Much stronger, but the necklace will have a different feel. More cable-like and not beady. I hope that makes sense!

This is my first post so hi everyone!
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Nacre and welcome to Pricescope. You sound like an experienced beader?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results