shape
carat
color
clarity

Top 5 Non-Diamond Pieces...either covet or own ;)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm sorry that this may be repetitive, but Yssie's gorgeous pics of her favorite non-diamond pieces inspired me to start this thread. (I hope she won't mind reposting them here.) And I'm such a list girl...

If you're not too sick of this subject...please include pics if you can manage. I am so looking forward to see what people like cause I think this list can say a lot about a person too. So I guess this says I'm really boring cause I only can come up with three things I would want that I would wear every day. I need to diversify... I can't wait to see others'. Yssie's picks are already so interesting and gorgeous.

I'll start.
1. Cartier yellow gold no diamond Love bracelet. I know. It's super trendy and every wannabe celeb has one, but I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!! I love it.

2. VCA Alhambra sweet. I wanna butterfly...

3. Juste un clou - this has diamonds, but I would love it plain...

kate-winslet-and-harpers-bazaar-gallery.jpg

vcarf69000_vancleefarpels_sweet-alhambra-butterfly-bracelet-2.png

just_un_clou_pendant.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm a list person too! Here is my wish list.

1- I want another Cartier Love! Right now I have the WG with diamonds but I would love a plain RG version.
2- A super high kt YG eternity. I ordered one from England and it should be here any day. I'm hoping it will help with my fix!
3- A new Cartier Trinity as I lost my old one :knockout: :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( ugh just thinking about it makes me want to burst into tears!

cb22585014bc4195bd537fde00475573-800x800.png

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very timely thread, LLJsmom! I have been lusting several non-diamond pieces for a while. Now that I have my diamond basics in place (2ctw studs, 1.5ct round pendant and 0.85 antique cushion pendant, 1.75ctw 5-stone ring, 1ct antique cushion bangle and 1.5ctw shared prong bracelet, several coloured gem rings), I can move on to my next phase!

Topping my list is the VCA perlee bangle in rg. It used to be Cartier Love in rg, but has since been replaced with the perlee:

vca_1_1.jpg

VCA alhambra onyx yg long single motif and medium studs:
vca2.jpg
vca3.jpg

And some far from reality pieces ;-)

Lotus pave earrings:
vca4.png

Cosmos pave earrings:
vca5.png

Cartier Ballon De Bleu in RG
cartier1.jpg

This is what I splurged on earlier this year, got yg in black and white:

Hermes Clic Clac bracelets (my picture):

my_hermes.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom and SB621, I also would like a couple of love bracelets. I love the look of them stacked. The only thing that has stopped me from making the purchase is you can't take them off daily. I don't think I would like it as much when it got scratched up. I garden a lot in the summer and I can imagine what that would do to the bracelet. I also don't sleep in my jewelry so I think the bracelet would drive me nuts at night. Did it take you long to get used to it SB621? The only other thing I'd love to own is a 4 carat old cut ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well its not mine but I did buy it lol. My husband has a bvlgari yellow gold zero for his wedding band and ugh I want one so badly!

uploadfromtaptalk1409760079221.jpg

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409759558|3744067 said:
LLJsmom and SB621, I also would like a couple of love bracelets. I love the look of them stacked. The only thing that has stopped me from making the purchase is you can't take them off daily. I don't think I would like it as much when it got scratched up. I garden a lot in the summer and I can imagine what that would do to the bracelet. I also don't sleep in my jewelry so I think the bracelet would drive me nuts at night. Did it take you long to get used to it SB621? The only other thing I'd love to own is a 4 carat old cut ring.

Agreed, they look phenomenal stacked! Your comments above were of concern to me as well. I don't like sleeping with jewelry on and like to change up my jewelry daily. I have also heard you shouldn't be screwing the bangle on and off regularly. Plus, I was worried about airport security. Gold technically shouldn't beep, but I have been through very sensitive airports where my super skinny Tiffany yg bracelet has beeped! Since I travel for work a fair amount, what would I do if such a situation occurs?! Not like I can carry a screwdriver in my carry-on either.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I Love the look of the new Tiffany "T" bangle bracelet! I'll take one medium in sterling silver and another in yellow gold, please!

33263422_940088_ed_m.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another fun thread idea - LJL, you pick the greatest topics!

Okay, just assuming "non-diamond" doesn't mean "exclusively focused on metalwork/gold" ...

1) (with a bullet) The gorgeous rubies Icelover just posted over in CS. As they are five and six carats apiece, untreated, I am guessing I will probably someday be pursuing their smaller cousins. But I would bezel those beauties in cool platinum in a heartbeat. (link for the curious: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-burmese.204507/) We could pretty easily round out my list by adding a pair in sapphire, a pair in emerald, and a pair in moonstone.

2) An Edwardian seed pearl dog collar necklace, like this one: http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/90-1-4529 THERE IS LUST IN MY HEART, PEOPLE.

3) Just about anything from Tadema Gallery. They specialize in Art Nouveau and Arts & Crafts pieces, so very little of their stuff is focused on diamonds ... but the carved horn or luminously enameled pieces from the likes of Lalique & Fouquet? YES PLEASE. http://www.tademagallery.com/

This is technically only 3, but probably closer to 300, considering the last one ... seriously, ANYTHING. AT ALL. Those people run a well curated shop. Yum.

icelvrubies.jpg

dog_collar.jpg

tadema.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kama_s|1409763738|3744105 said:

Agreed, they look phenomenal stacked! Your comments above were of concern to me as well. I don't like sleeping with jewelry on and like to change up my jewelry daily. I have also heard you shouldn't be screwing the bangle on and off regularly. Plus, I was worried about airport security. Gold technically shouldn't beep, but I have been through very sensitive airports where my super skinny Tiffany yg bracelet has beeped! Since I travel for work a fair amount, what would I do if such a situation occurs?! Not like I can carry a screwdriver in my carry-on either.

I believe most bigger airports are used to them. I asked at O'Hare and the security person told me they see them all the time. If you travel in smaller cities I'm not sure they would see them as often. O'Hare gets so much traffic on a daily basis. It would be annoying to be pulled aside every time you travel by plane. I've been going back and forth on these bracelets for the past year. I'm sure I will eventually breakdown and purchase one. The only thing that has stopped me is not being able to remove it daily. Just seeing the photo of Kate Winslet above makes me want one.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1409769521|3744163 said:
kama_s|1409763738|3744105 said:

I believe most bigger airports are used to them. I asked at O'Hare and the security person told me they see them all the time. If you travel in smaller cities I'm not sure they would see them as often. O'Hare gets so much traffic on a daily basis. It would be annoying to be pulled aside every time you travel by plane. I've been going back and forth on these bracelets for the past year. I'm sure I will eventually breakdown and purchase one. The only thing that has stopped me is not being able to remove it daily. Just seeing the photo of Kate Winslet above makes me want one.

O'Hare has a full body detector, correct? These are still rare outside of the US, where metal detectors are primarily used. I can't remember which airport this was at, but I was in Europe and it beeped with my e-ring! I refused to take it off, they used a hand-held metal detector on me and let me go through.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my 5 item non-diamond list. 2 metal and 3 pearl pieces.

1. Cartier trinity ring. Always liked the design and tried on bunch of variations but my favorite has been the 7 ring model. It's hard to find and not stocked at most ADs. Received it as a big birthday present from family. Love it.

2. Cartier Ballon Bleu. 35mm model in rose gold. Photo was posted upthread so won't repost.

3. Strand of large white round south sea pearls. 13 to 16mm.

4. Mikimoto Aurora necklace. I can do without the diamond clasp. Just the pearls.

5. A mixed strand of large white, golden south sea and tahitian pearls, aka Pelosi strand.

cartier_7_trinity.jpg

pp_13-16mm_ssp.jpg

aurora_necklace_multicolored_pearls_mikimoto.png

Attachments

• np_pearls3.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 501

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1409778282|3744281 said:
Here's my 5 item non-diamond list. 2 metal and 3 pearl pieces.

1. Cartier trinity ring. Always liked the design and tried on bunch of variations but my favorite has been the 7 ring model. It's hard to find and not stocked at most ADs. Received it as a big birthday present from family. Love it.

2. Cartier Ballon Bleu. 35mm model in rose gold. Photo was posted upthread so won't repost.

3. Strand of large white round south sea pearls. 13 to 16mm.

4. Mikimoto Aurora necklace. I can do without the diamond clasp. Just the pearls.

5. A mixed strand of large white, golden south sea and tahitian pearls, aka Pelosi strand.

That trinity ring is perfect on you. Some people can pull off the trinity. You can. It looks ELEGANT on you baby monster. It's gorgeous.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1409766444|3744124 said:
Another fun thread idea - LJL, you pick the greatest topics!

Okay, just assuming "non-diamond" doesn't mean "exclusively focused on metalwork/gold" ...

1) (with a bullet) The gorgeous rubies Icelover just posted over in CS. As they are five and six carats apiece, untreated, I am guessing I will probably someday be pursuing their smaller cousins. But I would bezel those beauties in cool platinum in a heartbeat. (link for the curious: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-burmese.204507/) We could pretty easily round out my list by adding a pair in sapphire, a pair in emerald, and a pair in moonstone.

2) An Edwardian seed pearl dog collar necklace, like this one: http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/90-1-4529 THERE IS LUST IN MY HEART, PEOPLE.

I FEEL LIKE YOU SHOULD BE ONE OF THOSE OIL BARON WIVES ON THE TITANIC, WEARING ONE OF THOSE. RIDICULOUS!!

3) Just about anything from Tadema Gallery. They specialize in Art Nouveau and Arts & Crafts pieces, so very little of their stuff is focused on diamonds ... but the carved horn or luminously enameled pieces from the likes of Lalique & Fouquet? YES PLEASE. http://www.tademagallery.com/

UHHHH... WHERE'S MY JAW?? IT DROPPED ON THE FLOOR SOMEWHERE. WOW. THAT LAST ONE IS STUNNING.

This is technically only 3, but probably closer to 300, considering the last one ... seriously, ANYTHING. AT ALL. Those people run a well curated shop. Yum.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1409764096|3744106 said:
I Love the look of the new Tiffany "T" bangle bracelet! I'll take one medium in sterling silver and another in yellow gold, please!

33263422_940088_ed_m.jpg

That is COOL!!

I want one in yellow gold too...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results