shape
carat
color
clarity

Took the leo challenge and flunked!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ava15

Rough_Rock
A few of you suggested I head to Kay''s Jewelers to check out their leo diamonds and get feel for what a quality cut looks like. Well I did. They were having a contest, where they asked you to compare two diamonds under a scope and pick the Leo. (Participating in the contest entered you in the drawing.)

Well, I chose the other diamond as the best looking! How embarrasing for them! I was embarrased myself a bit...I flunked the test LOL!
emsmile.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Umm. Not to question a marketing activity and a free drawing, but the reason they promote Leo’s has to do with the cutting. You don’t evaluate cutting under a scope.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Ava15

Rough_Rock
Well that makes more sense! How funny!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 5:10:25 PM
Author: denverappraiser
Umm. Not to question a marketing activity and a free drawing, but the reason they promote Leo’s has to do with the cutting. You don’t evaluate cutting under a scope.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
No kidding.
33.gif

Ava, what all did they ask you to look for??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2008 7:49:39 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 5/31/2008 5:10:25 PM
Author: denverappraiser

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
No kidding.
33.gif

Ava, what all did they ask you to look for??
I am curious too. I saw a Leo once that was an I that had lots of color.

Ava15

Rough_Rock
They asked me which diamond I liked best, and believed the one that looked the best would no doubt be the Leo. But I chose the other one...it looked better.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet they were surprised.
6.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
*ahem*..maybe the Leo''s just not that nice..?
bat%20eyes3.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too funny.
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 2:06:04 AM
Author: Ava15
They asked me which diamond I liked best, and believed the one that looked the best would no doubt be the Leo. But I chose the other one...it looked better.
Hahah, awesome. I wonder why the scope, unless the Leo was IF and the other stone SI3? That''s just...weird.
33.gif

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
Ava, I failed that test as well!!!

I went in to try on rings just to compare carat size, and they gave me the "Leo Test" - my sales girl told me it was to show that the facet structure clearly made the diamond more visually appealing...and lo and behold - I picked the other one. Oops! (and I *really* tried!)

23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results