shape
carat
color
clarity

Too Good To Be True?

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
The color is definitely not what I would consider to be mandarin. If you were looking for a vibrant orange, then this might not be the best choice. To me, it looks to be a brownish red.

batgirl777

Rough_Rock
Thanks gingercurls. Any opinion on the price on the stone or other stones on this website?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The website is just an eBay for gemstones. Various sellers are touting their wares. The seller of this gem appears reliable, he has good feedback. I don’t consider the colour to be a good representation of a mandarin spessartite but if you like it and are happy with the price, what not.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a spessartite from Mozambique that is not red, but darker orange. It is one of my prettiest stones, but it is definitely not a mandarin. I don’t think spessartite in the mandarin color are even found in Mozambique. If you are looking for a pretty spessartite and this one appeals to you, then go for it. If you are looking specifically for a mandarin, this is not it. Look for one from Namibia. They can be a beautiful, glowing orange.

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
The auction site is good I have bought rough from the owner and his son. There primary is opal but they are getting into gemstones.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd guess it will be a darker reddish brown in most lighting situations, other than that it is O.K.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not mandarin, but a regular spessartite.

batgirl777

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input and help! :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results