shape
carat
color
clarity

Too Blue?

Spicykimchi

Rough_Rock
999AF9B3-6599-48C1-802C-130297B66927.jpeg
D5730A37-7D89-447B-822F-143FDEF4EFF9.jpeg 80B34606-39A2-4819-887E-13E0DF450CF5.jpeg
Just bought this ring for my girlfriend, need your opinions, is this too blue and is it from the blue or from the flourescence?

It’s a 3 ct I VS1 strong fluorescent diamond, if need more specs I can provide

thanks!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Can you share the stones other stats or pic of the report? I have a SBF stone and sometimes it looks like what you posted but other times (a lot of times) it looks very bright due to its florescence. I love the blue hue in the sun and the way my ring sparkles. Photographing diamonds depends on so many variables especially phone pics. Stones pick up every color around you. From what you are wearing, phone case to the inside of your car etc.

Does the stone look hazy at all to you?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally love fluorescence so it's not too blue for me. Have you presented it to your girlfriend yet? A 3 CT. I is really something!!

Spicykimchi

Rough_Rock
Table 59
Dept 60.3
Crown 34
Pavillion 40.6
Polish and Symmetry are both excellent
Measurements: 9.27 x 9.32 x 5.60 mm

It doesn't look hazy to me, the last picture is the clearest I could get. I haven't given it to her yet because I'm trying to figure out how much of the blue is coming from a reflection of the sky and how much its from the diamond itself. I'm also trying to feel out how she feels about a diamond with blue hue in the sunlight.

Personally I love the effect, its unique and shows the diamonds personality

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I personally love fluorescence so it's not too blue for me. Have you presented it to your girlfriend yet? A 3 CT. I is really something!!

Yes! I forgot to add: a 3 carat! Yowza. I’m sure she will love it!

I personally love the blue hue. Sometimes in certain lighting SBF looks like those very rare blue diamonds especially when the sun hits it. I love that effect and I hope she will too.

Spicykimchi

Rough_Rock
Thanks, does it look hazy?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think the strong blue florescence looks super cool and unique!

Can you share more photos in different settings and lighting conditions? Maybe one against a white background?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond and impressive size!
I always say to everyone posting photos; give the ring a good soak in hot water and a degreaser like Dawn dish soap to see the complete beauty. Diamonds pick up oils from our hands rather quickly and although you may not be able to see the slight film, it will alter the appearance somewhat.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
What a stone! She will absolutely love it! SBF is a thing of personal taste. But it sure makes a stone unique. I have one as well - not as big though - and even though I prefer warmer tones in stones I absolutely love how this one changes colours and shows a blue, almost purple hue in strong sunlight.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I looooooove SBF but it's a very personal preference. She may never notice it but if you do mention it to her and explain what it is, she may never unsee it :| A tough one.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Spicykimchi, I had my first tastes of Kimchi while stationed in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii back in 1970. Your name brings back poignant memories.

I would present the ring to her and explain that the fluorescence that makes the diamond glow out of doors and under ultraviolet lighting is a quality highly prized by many, as it is relatively rare, especially when it is as beneficial to the appearance of the diamond as this appears to be. If you like to wax poetic, as some of us romantics tend to do, you can tell her that you love this quality as the diamond, like her is unique in its beauty.

Wink

Last edited:

Spicykimchi

Rough_Rock
@Wink, that’s a great line, diamonds like people do come in many flavors and personalities and she is definitely the kind of girl who prides herself on being unique

Spicykimchi

Rough_Rock
@MRBXXXFVVS1 as requested, I took some more pictures in different lighting and as per @Jimmianne, I cleaned the diamond and there’s definitely a big difference

5E56AD3D-65FC-4A69-A7F0-D707453F36E7.jpeg
9:30 AM under direct sunlight, iPhone 10 camera 3x zoom

F0DF1018-1B9D-467A-8F72-301FD7B39070.jpeg
9:30 am direct sunlight, iPhone 10 camera 10x zoom

86DE2DD0-D408-4734-8038-C1D528C7FE80.jpeg
9:30 am, indirect sunlight under a tree, 3x zoom on my iPhone 10 camera

D76CDCD7-17B0-4812-A718-5918AA0A410C.jpeg

9:30 am indirect sunlight under a tree 10x zoom iPhone 10 camera

4C9AA88E-21C3-4209-B661-2D8951C790BA.jpeg
9:20 am indoor lighting bright white lights 3x zoom

CAF8C1FC-B75A-4865-8836-254C67B05971.jpeg

9:20 am indoor lighting 10x zoom

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@Spicykimchi The ring is gorgeous! I think it's classic, yet with a beautiful unique quality to it.

In regards to your girlfriend's preferences, have you discussed what she wants in a ring? What is her style like? What drew you to this ring specifically?

I personally think the ring is amazing, but I could understand if someone is looking for something a bit more traditional and standard. Well cut rings often go "dark" in sunlight, so I think the blue would be a nice differentiator and something special.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a stunning diamond.
That colour in sunlight, wow. Almost like a fancy blue (and they cost many many $$$$).
It’s almost chameleon like, three diamonds in one depending on the light source! That’s special in my book.
I’m sure she will be thrilled.
Congrats, please come back after the proposal with some glamour shots on the hand.
Here on Pricescope we like lots and lots and lots of photos!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s stunning :kiss2:

Spicykimchi

Rough_Rock
@MRBXXXFVVS1 The whole thing is a surprise, I’ve been teasing out information from her for a while, she likes surprises and she likes to be unique, her only request was to get the biggest diamond I could, she never made mention about clarity or color, honestly I ran across this diamond by accident I didn’t know about fluorescence and how sunlight affects color until after I got it, luckily this one wasn’t hazy or oily but as you can imagine it came as quite a surprise when it turned blue in the sun, luckily I welcomed that feature and I think it’s fascinating and beautiful

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@MRBXXXFVVS1 The whole thing is a surprise, I’ve been teasing out information from her for a while, she likes surprises and she likes to be unique, her only request was to get the biggest diamond I could, she never made mention about clarity or color, honestly I ran across this diamond by accident I didn’t know about fluorescence and how sunlight affects color until after I got it, luckily this one wasn’t hazy or oily but as you can imagine it came as quite a surprise when it turned blue in the sun, luckily I welcomed that feature and I think it’s fascinating and beautiful

I am sure she will love it!!! Can't wait to hear how the proposal goes and to see hand pics!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an incredibly gorgeous stone and ring. She is going to be thrilled!!!

I audibly gasped when I saw this, how utterly beautiful this stone looks! The blue is gorgeous and so different. That violet-ish hue is just amazing.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
wow! stunning... i love it...
uniquely beautiful and stunning to boot!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue is stunning. I'd consider getting the prongs somewhat more sculptured, tho.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Amazing stone! I personally love the effect of SBF especially in big I/J stones! I could get used to the idea of wearing one. I think that it really makes this stone special and unique.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow it’s a very unique diamond. It’s definitely a keeper. Good job!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results