shape
carat
color
clarity

Too Bad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping such things do not exist... (LINK )

Too bad
sad.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Simple divine!
lickout.gif
It is just gorgeous!!!

BTW, they have a 11.80ct Paraiba tourmaline that's not too shabby either!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That shop is insane ! I know...

You surely do NOT want to handle those: nothing looks good enough afterwards
sad.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
AnA:

I agree. I have been drooling over their stones for a while now (the star sapphire pictures came from there).

I wish their stones are more reasonable for us mere mortals!
cry.gif

Mister Stone

Rough_Rock
Their prices are really insane for me, compared to what I'm used to!!

seeing this:

http://cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=1541

remind me that maybe should I cut the 14 pieces of rough pezzotaïte I bought two years ago... I just have to remember where I ever stored them in my home!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/18/2004 5:56:11 PM Mister Stone wrote:

Their prices are really insane for me, compared to what I'm used to!!

----------------

Speaking of this new mineral... I was amazed to see how the first samples of cat's eye and faceted gems of larger size vanished from the view as soon as the "pezzotaite" got it's official name. While the piece at Pala is the largest I know of there were quite a few such stones below 5cts being sold at around $300/ct. I find it hard to believe that this was just a small pouch of gem-grade material now vanished forever. Could it be that the better material is just awaiting better prices somewhere (such as your drawer) ?

I fully understand that Cherrypicked not only handle exceptional pieces but also has access to an exceptional market... Good for them! of course...

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 3/18/2004 6:23:23 PM valeria101 wrote:

I find it hard to believe that this was just a small pouch of gem-grade material now vanished forever.

----------------

Well, the (known) deposit in Madagascar is indeed exhausted. I have this on firsthand authority from someone who visited the site last year. This--of course--does not mean people aren't hoarding the material somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results