shape
carat
color
clarity

Toi et moi ring help, please?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’m thinking about unsetting my 1.3 ct round brilliant, buying another, and having it set in a toi et moi style setting. My long term plan is to eventually buy a 2.5-2.6 ct round brilliant and have it all reset as a 3 stone. However, I feel like that style fits much better with older style diamonds. Thoughts? Will it look funny? I toyed with the idea of doing a ruby instead but I was told that it’d just be cheaper for me to buy a second diamond to match my own (lower color)...

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it would be just fine with modern cuts, I actually just saw one with kite cut diamonds and it looked amazing. There is also a girl I know who has an emerald cut halo toi et moi. Do what you want!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would look amaze Balls! I’m sure the right designer can make it work. I can’t wait to see it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be beautiful.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be just fine with modern cuts, I actually just saw one with kite cut diamonds and it looked amazing. There is also a girl I know who has an emerald cut halo toi et moi. Do what you want!

It would look amaze Balls! I’m sure the right designer can make it work. I can’t wait to see it!

I think it would be beautiful.

Thanks everyone! I’ll probably buy the stone in a couple weeks when I fly home (no sales tax) and go from there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results