shape
carat
color
clarity

Toddlers & Tiara's

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I'm watching the show right now....and wow. :-o

A 3 year old is doing pageants and they're putting make up and mascara on her!!!! Plus masking tap on her shoulders so the dress stays up :(

What are your thoughts on these shows?

I personally think some of these parents are :loopy:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
whooops wrong section! :oops:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am always amazed how unclassy the parents seem. But I can only guess they pick the oddballs to showcase and follow around. The parents that dance in front of the stage are the most amusing!

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I feel bad for these kids! Three year olds are supposed to be eating mud and running around the house discovering their new world on legs! I can't believe that parents would put their kids through this...its kind of a twisted vicarious thing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
**Del

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
I watch them because they make me feel better for not making my daughter a trained show dog.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It totally disgusts me. I can only imagine the issues the kids will have in a few years....so sad...

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
show reminds me of a dog show but it is one of my guilty pleasures

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I feel so bad for the girls :(( . I saw one episode where the girl won one of the runnerup crowns, and the mom was so disappointed that she did not clap, cheer, or smile. She just sat there with a frown and said that she could not believe she did not win Queen (or whatever they call "first place"). :confused: :nono: That is so mean! Even if she did not place anything, you should still show that you are proud of her.

I am split on whether I agree with pageants or not. My best friend in elementary school did pageants. She LOVED doing them. She later made it to Miss Teen USA (or America? I can't remember). I felt badly for her siblings. Her parents were not well off by any means. However, they spend a TON of money and time on her outfits and traveling. I always felt as though her other siblings were always left out. They never got as much attention as she did, never got the toys or clothes they wanted, probably because of all the money they spent on her.

I don't remember if her parents entered her in them when she was a newborn up until 6 or 7, like these girls. I first met her in 3rd grade. She did wear tons of makeup and the more revealing outfits than most 3rd graders in the pageants and photo shoots. At school, she dressed like all the other girls.

I think this show is ridiculous though. I don't understand why a toddler needs fake teeth, fake hair, BIKINIS? :nono: , makeup, fake eyelashes. The parents push and push them. I don't think I would mind it, if it was a NATURAL competition. Like curl their hair, and put them in a dress, I might be ok with that.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Not to be mean, but I did find it rather amusing how a good majority of the mothers were...how do I put this delicately..."rather large and unattractive?" I think some of them are living vicariously through their stunning little girls who should be allowed to just discover themselves instead of being pushed to prance around like a painted lady.

I don't even want to think of all the pedophiles who watch those shows.

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Some pageants are glam with make-up, teeth/flippers, tanning spray, hair extensions or wigs, etc. and some are natural, just your kid in a dress. I think it's kind of entertaining to watch, but a lot of times I just shake my head... :nono: Seems like pageants are a lot more common in the Southern states than they are up North where I live. Is it just me who thinks this? Seems like I have a lot of customers in the South who are into pageants but I know no one who lives up North who does them. So I was thinking maybe it's a geographical thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results