shape
carat
color
clarity

Today''s Topics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
John Quixote and I have been talking about the schedule and we have approached Leonid about doing this post instead of him having to post for us always what is going to happen and when. I have not yet talked with Gary or Paul Antwerp or Dave Atlas, but it is hoped that they will enter in their scheduled events also.

Each day we will post what we know we are going to do and if possible we will post a day or two in advance.

John is off watching a football game, so I will start.

Monday at 4PM EST I will do a session on Custom Design, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. It will be about what to expect when doing a custom design and things to look for when looking at jewelry on the net to see if it is done well, okay, or just plain poorly. Should take about twenty minutes plus Q&A. There will be LOTS of pictures, but no test.

On Monday I will not hold my normal 6PM EST office hour but should do so for the rest of the week. John and I will probably schedule at least one evening session for those of you who can not come during the day.

Wink

P.S. My session on Monday is a result of a request. Feel free to make requests, we are listening!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 11:45:34 PM
Author:Wink

Monday at 4PM EST I will do a session on Custom Design, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. It will be about what to expect when doing a custom design and things to look for when looking at jewelry on the net to see if it is done well, okay, or just plain poorly. Should take about twenty minutes plus Q&A. There will be LOTS of pictures, but no test.
I''d leave at least 40 minutes for a Q&A lol I''m not kidding - I expect this to be a very popular topic (highly requested I''ve heard) and with the advance notice... yeah.... you''re gonna be one popular dude!!! Thanks! :)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/13/2007 11:48:11 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I''d leave at least 40 minutes for a Q&A lol I''m not kidding - I expect this to be a very popular topic (highly requested I''ve heard) and with the advance notice... yeah.... you''re gonna be one popular dude!!! Thanks! :)

LOL! I heard you may have started this highly requested topic... I am glad that you will be there.

Wink

He Scores

Shiny_Rock
Wink,

I thought that John said he was going to do a H&A chat at 4 EST on Monday? Am I incorrect? Are you two going to do them simultaneously?

Ho....'scuse me.
Bill Bray

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure John did say he would be on at 4PM Monday too. Perhaps he changed his mind? I don''t think he could handle us during the last session LOL!
2.gif
I hope they aren''t going to be at the same time because I want to see both presentations.

This whole thing is way cool!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 11:49:21 AM
Author: Wink

Date: 1/13/2007 11:48:11 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

I'd leave at least 40 minutes for a Q&A lol I'm not kidding - I expect this to be a very popular topic (highly requested I've heard) and with the advance notice... yeah.... you're gonna be one popular dude!!! Thanks! :)

LOL! I heard you may have started this highly requested topic... I am glad that you will be there.

Wink
yes, well I like to be thorough!! ;-) I gotta program this into my phone - think that's overkill? LOL!

1PM pacific - got it!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/14/2007 12:12:38 PM
Author: He Scores
Wink,

I thought that John said he was going to do a H&A chat at 4 EST on Monday? Am I incorrect? Are you two going to do them simultaneously?

Ho....''scuse me.

Bill Bray

I hope not. LOL! Last week he did his at 2:00PM and I did mine at 4. I just assumed we were keeping the same times. When he comes to the thread he can clarify. I can change my time if needed, neither of us wants to keep people from attending both sessions. That is the purpose of this thread, so that we can keep each other advised as well as you.

To Quote Paul Harvey, "Stand by for News!"

Wink

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 2:04:42 PM

Date: 1/14/2007 12:12:38 PM
Author: He Scores
Wink,

Ho....''scuse me.

Bill Bray

I hope not. LOL! Last week he did his at 2:00PM and I did mine at 4. I just assumed we were keeping the same times. When he comes to the thread he can clarify. I can change my time if needed, neither of us wants to keep people from attending both sessions. That is the purpose of this thread, so that we can keep each other advised as well as you.

To Quote Paul Harvey, ''Stand by for News!''

Wink

Do yours after John! If you do it at 2PM, I can''t be there. Boo!
39.gif
12.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 5:01:13 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
anyone interested in a precentation soon?

It would be impromptueut inspired by Winks rough diamonds - I could do something about planning cutting
sounds interesting let us know when.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/14/2007 5:25:50 PM
Author: strmrdr

It would be impromptueut inspired by Winks rough diamonds - I could do something about planning cutting
Hi, some of you sprung me learning how to upload images to the gallery with Leonid.

I now need to resize some images and prepare stuff, so give me some time to do that.
1 hour plus interuptions as it is monday at work here 940am

I have some rough donated to the GAA by De Beers 40 years ago - I am the diamond Cut lecturer and my safe is more secure than the GAA''s - so it is a bit special.

Have a dimacalc scan of one as well

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wowsers! I hope I am available to see it, I love diamond rough.

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 5:34:45 PM

Date: 1/14/2007 5:25:50 PM
Author: strmrdr

Hi, some of you sprung me learning how to upload images to the gallery with Leonid.

I now need to resize some images and prepare stuff, so give me some time to do that.
1 hour plus interuptions as it is monday at work here 940am

I have some rough donated to the GAA by De Beers 40 years ago - I am the diamond Cut lecturer and my safe is more secure than the GAA''s - so it is a bit special.

Have a dimacalc scan of one as well
is it an 8 hour time dif to the west coast? 11 to east?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sorry folks - too many interuptions - and it will be too late.

You can scroll thru the images I have been putting up on the gallery under Stones> Diamonds> Diamond Cut and see the images I will use.

But it takes more time than i allowed to prepare as the images are all over the place on computer and many need to be resied down

What about around this time on wedneday evening?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock

...Last week he did his at 2:00PM and I did mine at 4. I just assumed we were keeping the same times. When he comes to the thread he can clarify.

Certainly. I posted that I’d need to go later this week in the other thread.I get scheduled for phone Q&A with clients & lunchtime is often most convenient for them...No problem though, Wink.I can go at 5PM EST this week (except for Wednesday, TBA).Does that work?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 12:29:38 PM
Author: orbaya

I''m pretty sure John did say he would be on at 4PM Monday too. Perhaps he changed his mind? I don''t think he could handle us during the last session LOL!
2.gif
I hope they aren''t going to be at the same time because I want to see both presentations.

This whole thing is way cool!
9.gif
LOL Orbaya. That last ‘night class’ was awesome! You guys called up some great topics...the evenings I’ve done feel more like moderated chat than the day sessions.It was fun to see everyone interact while addressing the different subjects, questions and jokes.I’ll be delighted to do it again.

As for scheduling; no worries, we''ll work it out. It''s been a pleasure seeing you and several others in so many sessions. It helps us all become more familiar with the flow.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/14/2007 6:50:11 PM
sorry folks - too many interuptions - and it will be too late.

You can scroll thru the images I have been putting up on the gallery under Stones> Diamonds> Diamond Cut and see the images I will use.

But it takes more time than i allowed to prepare as the images are all over the place on computer and many need to be resied down

What about around this time on wedneday evening?
LOL! I know what you are talking about Gary. I have been here for over four hours today and I have "narrowed" my presentation down to about three hours worth of pictures. Sheesh! I think this will be a many day presentation as I could spend more than an hour just on the UGLY and the good is too wonderful to cut short.

I am going to give an overview of what to avoid and some of the questions to be prepared to ask your designer, but I will spend the bulk of my time tomorrow going over the process from initial interview to first drawings to initial rejection to followup designs to the finished pieces of a major project that I did a couple of years ago with Ocean Pearlman, a world class designer. Her clientelle range from the King of Lichtenstein, the American Royalty of Hollywood to independant jewelers like me who treasure and value her ability. I know that some of you have seen her work before, but I think she will surprise you with her versitality.

I think this weeks theme for me will be all about the Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/14/2007 7:26:34 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

...Last week he did his at 2:00PM and I did mine at 4. I just assumed we were keeping the same times. When he comes to the thread he can clarify.

Certainly. I posted that I’d need to go later this week in the other thread.I get scheduled for phone Q&A with clients & lunchtime is often most convenient for them...No problem though, Wink.I can go at 5PM EST this week (except for Wednesday, TBA).Does that work?

That works perfectly for me, I have a client coming in the hour after my presentation or I would just move mine back.

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2007 7:49:00 PM

I am going to give an overview of what to avoid and some of the questions to be prepared to ask your designer, but I will spend the bulk of my time tomorrow going over the process from initial interview to first drawings to initial rejection to followup designs to the finished pieces
sounds perfect! can''t wait.... so.... what time is it at again? haha

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like I am gonna need a nap through the day so I can stay awake for your presentations! It will be 11pm here.
40.gif

I hope its worth it lol! (Just kidding!!)

Maisie

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 11:45:34 PM
Author:Wink

This sounds great, I hope it''s ok if I sit in and watch :) Gary''s rough diamond presentation seem very interesting as well.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/15/2007 2:12:05 PM
Author: Adylon

This sounds great, I hope it''s ok if I sit in and watch :)
Of course, that is the whole point of the presentations.

You are encouraged to also ask questions, but it is not required...

Wink

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry wink - I keep seeing you in there and think well maybe I got the time wrong LOL Sorry for bugging you - I''m really excited!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cehra, when you will be with Wink today why don't you ask your "octopus prongs" question. I am not an expert but my feeling is that such prongs should be done by hands, not wax/cast. I am sure it's an easy question for pros.
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 3:30:59 PM
Author: Pricescope
Cehra, when you will be with Wink today why don''t you ask your ''octopus prongs'' question. I am not an expert but my feeling is that such prongs should be done by hands, not wax/cast. I am sure it''s an easy question for pros.
35.gif
:) He ONLY has an hour though - I''m going to see how it goes... if I''m the only one there hehehee - but otherwise I''ll just go with the flow and ask some general questions. Lord knows I have a ton LOL!! I could do an hour on prongs, an hour on melee, an hour on galleries, shank shapes, etc. But having a good understanding of what things I need to ask - the basics, and remember and expect is so important - I''m going to have a pad of paper to take notes!!

Isn''t that "octopus arms" thing funny? haha! a big purple octopus!! I think that ring is in smtr under the ugly thread lol!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ocean said she had a great time with us today, but was nervous about talking too much about her designs as she read the forum policies just a few minutes before the session and did not get to ask me before if she was allowed to talk about these things in our sessions. Now she knows it is okay during our sessions and will give more answers the next time she is here while I am on. Should be later this week that I have her come again.

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
John, you just said on your live presentation that Brian would be on Tuesday at 4 eastern, but you said above it would be at 5:00 eastern time. We probably need to get that clarified because I''m sure a lot of people will be interested.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for everyone''s efforts in this...sorry life dictates when I can visit...was able to see JohnQ briefly today, and much appreciated the discussion.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2007 6:16:34 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
John, you just said on your live presentation that Brian would be on Tuesday at 4 eastern, but you said above it would be at 5:00 eastern time. We probably need to get that clarified because I'm sure a lot of people will be interested.

Thanks DS. Brian will be on at 5:00PM EST on Tuesday (4pm central/wf time)
1.gif

Bring on the questions for the cutter. You all have so many great qs and observations in these sessions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results