shape
carat
color
clarity

Today is World Cat Day

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My good friend Jack wants to wish everyone a happy World Cat Day.

_21198.jpg

_21199.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

_21200.jpg

_21201.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy World Cat Day to Jack and all the sweet kitties from my kitties and me!!!

francescantommy.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
World Cat Day?
Thanks for the reminder.

I love cat. :lickout:
I'll have to set up my trap, get me some BBQ sauce, and Google up some recipies.

:liar:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
2nd_try_1081.jpg

Ninja the cat snuggling with Snow (his adopted mother)

Kenny, it just so happens April 15th is national ham day. You should stay inside :mrgreen:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy world cat day! From kitties and hubby too.

img_20140415_135213_414-701575925.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

Just curious on your take on kitty color and temperament. Once a vet told me orange cats have the best temperament. My dearly departed Lucky was an orange tabby and was the sweetest cat I ever knew. I nicknamed him boyfriend cat because he was the most attentive, headbutting mushy snuggler. he would even cuddle up and wrap his tail around my arm to get closer.

Do you notice a temperament difference in your orange (assume they are) boys? Asking you because you have a variety of kitties there :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
moneymeister, I am interested to see if Gypsy agrees with this. IMO orange cats often have very outgoing and friendly personalities. We have had the privilege of having an orange cat as part of our family in the 90's and early 2000's and he was amazing. Also, my sister backs me up on this thought about orange cats and she has a lot of experience with cats being a veterinarian for over 20 years.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1407613204|3729286 said:
World Cat Day?
Thanks for the reminder.

I love cat. :lickout:
I'll have to set up my trap, get me some BBQ sauce, and Google up some recipies.

:liar:

This is what Francesca thinks about that...
:rodent:

frankie_0.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
missy|1407617421|3729321 said:
moneymeister, I am interested to see if Gypsy agrees with this. IMO orange cats often have very outgoing and friendly personalities. We have had the privilege of having an orange cat as part of our family in the 90's and early 2000's and he was amazing. Also, my sister backs me up on this thought about orange cats and she has a lot of experience with cats being a veterinarian for over 20 years.

My ex had an orange cat that was very friendly & outgoing :)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Gooses and Clementine on the cat tree. Thoroughly impressed with their World Cat Day as you can see! Goose is probably ticked b/c she's eaten most of the toys we attached to their tree and she feels we should replenish them for their big day.

img_5333.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, my admittedly limited experience: orange cats are like anything else. They vary. My dilute orange Duncan is the sweetest kitty. We call him a cat ambassador. Even people who don't like cats adore him. He gives you hugs and he is my most loving, period . He's the reason we have 6 cats. My dark orange and white, Jack is very personable. But we are sure he was abused because he's got some quirks and he flinches (less an less the longer he is with us) when you move your hands wrong. EXTREMELY loving though but also very insecure.My MIL has a female orange kitty. Sweetest thing. And my aunt had an orange and white (similar to my Jack) and he was awesome. And when I would volunteer at the shelter a lot of the orange babies were mostly awesome. But there was one who was well... unfriendly and suspicious.

So yes, in general all the orange kitties in my life have been awesome. But like anything else... kitties vary. And I think nurture has a lot to do with it .

In my personal experience-- black and white kitties though (especially the girls) are TROUBLE. Good kitties. But mischievous and very quirky.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1407619626|3729336 said:
Well, my admittedly limited experience: orange cats are like anything else. They vary. My dilute orange Duncan is the sweetest kitty. We call him a cat ambassador. Even people who don't like cats adore him. He gives you hugs and he is my most loving, period . He's the reason we have 6 cats. My dark orange and white, Jack is very personable. But we are sure he was abused because he's got some quirks and he flinches (less an less the longer he is with us) when you move your hands wrong. EXTREMELY loving though but also very insecure.My MIL has a female orange kitty. Sweetest thing. And my aunt had an orange and white (similar to my Jack) and he was awesome. And when I would volunteer at the shelter a lot of the orange babies were mostly awesome. But there was one who was well... unfriendly and suspicious.

So yes, in general all the orange kitties in my life have been awesome. But like anything else... kitties vary. And I think nurture has a lot to do with it .

In my personal experience-- black and white kitties though (especially the girls) are TROUBLE. Good kitties. But mischievous and very quirky.

Gypsy, did you notice a big change for you in terms of extra work or your other cats behavior when you added cat #5 and #6 to your family? We have 4 cats and there is another sweet kitty that needs a home and while I wanted to be that home for this kitty my dh just feels it will be a lot more work plus the traveling back and forth (once I get better and am able to go) to the beach house with all the kitties. Right now it is manageable with 4 and just wondering what your thoughts are on adding a 5th?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My good friend Bailey also wants to wish everyone a happy World Cat Day.

_21213.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best thread ever.

Everyone's kitties are just so adorable.

Gypsy, your DH and your kitties are so cute. (and where are the other two?)

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Celebrating today with tummy rubs!

img_20140809_132225.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phrixus wanted me to post his selfie in honor of World Cat Day

phrix.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1407610539|3729266 said:
My good friend Jack wants to wish everyone a happy World Cat Day.

Jack is very handsome. Happy World Cat Day, y'all.

And the holiday explains why my cats suddenly needed to get me up at 3:00 AM to get them something to eat. PAR-TAY! :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
stracci2000|1407631281|3729431 said:
Phrixus wanted me to post his selfie in honor of World Cat Day

^ LOL Funny selfie.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Overstock.com has a "Pet Adoptions" link to animal shelters now, btw. I didn't know that until this evening because I don't shop much.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
<3 Loving all teh kitties!

Gypsy, thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts on orange tabby behavior. I agree that this each individual kitty is unique, but in general after having my orange kitty and the vet's assessment of orange tabbys (old county farm vet at retirement age) I've always kicked it (the idea, not kitties) around.

Missy, thanks for chiming in too. Interesting you had the same good experience with an orange tabby. Your veterinarian sister says the same thing...well well well. Love the look of disdain on Francesca's bad Kenny face.

stracci2000 - Great Selfie!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Madison says it's late in the day but happy World Cat day!

Eta: the pic rotated and I can't rotate it back. Oh well.

_21229.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UrsTx|1407641079|3729520 said:
Madison says it's late in the day but happy World Cat day!

Eta: the pic rotated and I can't rotate it back. Oh well.

aggggggghhhhh how cute OMG look at those teeth ::) so cute

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy:
Gypsy, did you notice a big change for you in terms of extra work or your other cats behavior when you added cat #5 and #6 to your family? We have 4 cats and there is another sweet kitty that needs a home and while I wanted to be that home for this kitty my dh just feels it will be a lot more work plus the traveling back and forth (once I get better and am able to go) to the beach house with all the kitties. Right now it is manageable with 4 and just wondering what your thoughts are on adding a 5th?

No. The there was no increase in work or anything going from 4 to 5 honestly. Five to six was noticeable though we needed extra cat trees and litter boxes and the food consumption went up, etc. The only issue we had going from 4 to 5 was that my 4 kids were all over seven years old and very settled. #5 was less than a year old (10 months) and still a kitten with kitten energy. It was a bit like the Golden Girls meet Miley Cyrus. #5 wanted to play and investigate and was very active. My other four wanted to nap. This problem went away when we got #6 as the two of them became play mates and left the others largely alone.

CJ2008
Gypsy, your DH and your kitties are so cute. (and where are the other two?)

Frodo doesn't come out very much. He's very much a bedroom kitty and that's where he socializes. And Lucy has her own room (she hates other cats and only tolerates Duncan, my dilute orange. She sleeps with us every other night. But during the day she very muhc likes her own space. If we go in her room during the day she just looks on wondering why exactly it is we are disturbing her. She's one big quirk.

This is Lucy:
Lucy%20Bio%201.jpg

moneymeister
Gypsy, thanks for taking the time to give me your thoughts on orange tabby behavior. I agree that this each individual kitty is unique, but in general after having my orange kitty and the vet's assessment of orange tabbys (old county farm vet at retirement age) I've always kicked it (the idea, not kitties) around.[/img]

By and large my experience of orange cats has been positive. But I am very tolerant of cat behaviors in general. I have never met another cat as wonderful as my Duncan though, he's something amazing. Whether or not his color plays a part of that I don't know.

Everyone's kids are SO CUTE! I love this thread!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fpr CJ, this is my Frodo, from when he was a kitten to now. As you can see... any bed will do. But he's a bed kitty. Has been since he was a baby. It's his happy place.

must_you_do_that.jpeg

2012-10-29_16-12-37_149.jpg

dscf0189.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, Gypsy, thank you so much for posting those pictures! (and for saying more about them - Lucy sounds like she feels like I do when a. the phone rings or b. the door bell rings. Both equally annoying! haha) Both Lucy and Frodo are so cute (and Frodo's kitten picture OMG - I remember seeing Lucy at one point or another before - I think this is the fist time I see Frodo and some of your other kitties.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucy is a very particular little lady. She's also almost exclusively a Daddy Cat. So, for that matter is Hally. The boys are much more even handed and split their time with both of us. But my girls prefer their daddy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1407644820|3729549 said:
Missy:

No. The there was no increase in work or anything going from 4 to 5 honestly. Five to six was noticeable though we needed extra cat trees and litter boxes and the food consumption went up, etc. The only issue we had going from 4 to 5 was that my 4 kids were all over seven years old and very settled. #5 was less than a year old (10 months) and still a kitten with kitten energy. It was a bit like the Golden Girls meet Miley Cyrus. #5 wanted to play and investigate and was very active. My other four wanted to nap. This problem went away when we got #6 as the two of them became play mates and left the others largely alone.

Thanks for the info Gypsy. That is very encouraging news and let's see how my dh feels about adopting this sweet kitty. Hugs to all your sweet fur-babies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby wanted to get in on the action...Happy World Cat Day from him too. Of course every day is cat day for our furbabies lol.

happyworldcatdayiseverydayforus.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results