shape
carat
color
clarity

Titanium rings

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @Dancing Fire & @lovedogs since you both have Boone ring’s (anyone else, please also chime in), can you please comment on the metal and how it feels, weighs and wears compared to traditional jewelry metals (gold, platinum)? I am thinking about maybe trying one for a CS.

Thanks in advance :wavey:

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
I think titanium wears well and feels light. My husband says he really likes his for these reasons and he hardly notices that he is wearing it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Titanium is not heavy like PT but not as light as I thought it would be. It feels just right and very inexpensive. My size 9 ring weigh in at 6.2 grams.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @m51galaxy & @Dancing Fire :wavey:

How does it wear in terms of dings and scratches? I prefer high polish finishes, so this concern crossed my mind as well.

I was thinking about doing one of the ‘daintier’ bypass styles, and just don’t want it to feel overly ‘light’. Would you say it’s comparable to gold in weight?

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
I think gold and platinum get scratched up much more easily than titanium, but they all do get some scratches. Titanium is lighter, but harder. All can be buffed and polished.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @m51galaxy & @Dancing Fire :wavey:

How does it wear in terms of dings and scratches? I prefer high polish finishes, so this concern crossed my mind as well.

I was thinking about doing one of the ‘daintier’ bypass styles, and just don’t want it to feel overly ‘light’. Would you say it’s comparable to gold in weight?
IDK since I had only worn the ring for 3.5 months. There are no dings or major scratches on the ring and the polished finish still looks new after 3.5 months.

As for its weight? ...I think 18K gold will weigh 2.5 X more than titanium.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brushed titanium picks up scratches annoyingly quickly IME (wearing a Ti watch) but I think a lot can depend on the exact alloy being used.

I think BB does a Cobalt Chrome finish that is heavier in weight and more resistance to scratches - I think it could be worth dropping him a line to chat stuff through, as he seems to know his stuff and be open to helping as much as needed :))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brushed titanium picks up scratches annoyingly quickly IME (wearing a Ti watch) but I think a lot can depend on the exact alloy being used.

I think BB does a Cobalt Chrome finish that is heavier in weight and more resistance to scratches - I think it could be worth dropping him a line to chat stuff through, as he seems to know his stuff and be open to helping as much as needed :))

TY! I was curious about his other metals as well so may just do that ( reach out to him). :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results