shape
carat
color
clarity

Tipping Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Did you guys do it? Are you going to? Is it expected?

We were thinking about it, but we're sure yet. However I did receive a letter from the company he works with that asks me to confirm details, then says

"Tipping is appropriate for a job well done, gratuities are gratefully accepted."

For some reason this sounded off to me.... maybe just the wording is odd?

What do you all think?

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 10:37:02 AM
Author:rhbgirl24
Did you guys do it? Are you going to? Is it expected?

We were thinking about it, but we're sure yet. However I did receive a letter from the company he works with that asks me to confirm details, then says

'Tipping is appropriate for a job well done, gratuities are gratefully excepted.'

For some reason this sounded off to me.... maybe just the wording is odd?

What do you all think?

Well, the wording is off.

It should read, "... gratuities are gratefully accepted." That mistake would turn me off right off the bat.

As far as standard procedure, I believe photographers who are self-employed and receiving 100% of your payment do not expect a tip. Those who work for companies do generally hope for a tip since the company gets a large portion of the contracted rate.

ETA: My photographer is self-employed and I feel like I'm paying her a good chunk of money. If, after I receive the proof DVD, her work and editing is above and beyond what I expected, I may send her a tip of $100 or so.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if I''ll be much help but I think the wording is off in that it makes me feel like tipping is expected. I don''t like that. I think it''s different too when a photographer owns his own company and would expect a tip also. It''s different being your photographer works for a company but even so I hope you don''t feel obligated to tip! Photographers are expensive enough!!! Good luck!

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Inana. I think you are right. If it said something like "gratuities are not necessary but are gratefully accepted" I wouldn't feel as I do right now. lol

I was going to tip him at the end of the day, but this set me on edge. But its not his letter, its his companys so I will still do so.

Oh and the typo was my own, not on the letter! Sorry long day!

And Dani, I think you're right. If the job is excellent I have no problem tipping, but photog package ARE expensive enough!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i wasn''t planning on tipping my photographer as she owns her own company, but i agree with inanna, if the photos turn out wonderfully, i wouldn''t mind sending a tip afterwards with a thank you card

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results