shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiny Super Ideal Diamond?

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I am starting to think about wedding bands, and I am wondering if there is a vendor who will sell a super ideal melee diamond (think CBI melee) for a wedding band? I want to set a super ideal teeny diamond on the inside of SOs band, along with my inscription. I need help figuring out what size to use as well. The band will be 8mm-9mm, and will be a comfort fit band in platinum if that makes any difference.

I really only need one small diamond- I've reached out to HP Diamonds, and they don't sell them anymore. We will probably have DK do our bands as I want to use his engraving skills for my wedding band, so I want to be able to buy one and send it to him. I realize that I could probably have BG or WF do this for me as well with "super ideal" melee? Perhaps it would just make more sense to utilize different vendors to minimize complexity? I really want the highest quality, teeny, gorgeous diamond possible!

Does anyone have any thoughts for me? It's a little early to think about, but I'd love to have a plan (and plus, who doesn't like to talk about projects?!)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think size-wise you will have to consider ring depth and diamond depth, which will dictate max carat weight for the stone! IIRC the WF melee are cut to a very high standard - they sparkle nicely in my good lady's wedding band :) - but you'll have to check if they sell separately!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 1 ctw 7 stone band from wf that I recently repurposed the stones into earrings. DK had to source an eighth stone. I absolutely cannot tell which stone is the non-ACA. Unless it's a mind clean issue, I would just have DK source the best stone possible. It would be a lot easier than trying to get one.

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Try BG

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I had a 1 ctw 7 stone band from wf that I recently repurposed the stones into earrings. DK had to source an eighth stone. I absolutely cannot tell which stone is the non-ACA. Unless it's a mind clean issue, I would just have DK source the best stone possible. It would be a lot easier than trying to get one.
Exactly this. David/Amy can find you a great stone for your project.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Sound like I should leave it to David! In my mind I wante a teeny tiny super ideal. :kiss2:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My recollection Whiteflash had ACA melee about a year ago and was using it in some settings. Previous poster suggested contacting Brian Gavin. Since SuperIdeal is a mind clean issue for some, LinSF, I suggest sending an email or calling both WF and BG and seeing how small they get with their superideal cuts. Tell them what it’s for. They might be able to help. I think it’s worth finding out for sure since this is a sentimental wedding ring. I understand the motivation and think it’s one occasion where a little extra touch might make a big emotional difference. Good luck.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a PSer who posted this 1 - 2 years ago who also said that her family was in the jewelry business. I don't remember her name, but this company cuts H&A melee.
Perhaps they might tell you the name of a local retailer who might sell you one.
Also found this from a Google search.

https://www.grunbergerdiamonds.com

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @cflutist ... I'm going to reach out to them!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure if Grunbrger's is still in business. They closed down their retail store a few years ago but the owner, Jim Grunberger, told me "they", he and at least one associate, were still "upstairs" if I needed something made. They had been my jewelers for years.

AGBF

ETA-This may be unrelated to the Grunberger's I know. This appears to be on Long Island and to be run by people with different first names. The Grunberger's I knew was generations old in Connecticut.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have either WF or BG make the band for me. Less headache. 100% assurance of superideal melee. Excellent workmanship. But I’m all about minimizing headaches. Best of luck.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BG starts at .18 but realistically in stock they have .20 which is getting big for “melee”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results