shape
carat
color
clarity

Tini tiny bit frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I meant "teeny" Darn, sometimes that sumit button is just too close to the preview button!
9.gif

I am really leaning towards setting my new/old OEC into a low setting solitaire RHR only because I want to be able to look at the stone and besides, I already have my old e-ring stone set as a pendant.

My local jeweller (and there is only one in town) only deals with Stuller for their settings. I`ve looked at all the possible settings and not one catchs my eye. He said he can send it out for custom but I`m not too sure how that would turn out.

Has anybody ever experienced custom work done thru their local B&M before? Were you pleased? Did you give them a picture or a hand done drawing of what you wanted?

I have an idea of what I want, just don`t know how to go about it so that I get what I want.
1.gif

Thank you.

Cachette
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my jeweler make a custom pendant for an aqua pear I had purchased. This jeweler has a wonderful benchman on site so luckily it didn''t need to be sent out. What we did was look at many different pendants and I pointed out what I liked. We then sat down and took the various sections that I wanted from each pendant. He took pictures of the sections and in some cases even included the original pendant in with the order so that the benchman could see exactly how I wanted mine to look. I''m very happy how it turned out.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you have something specific in mind, use a picture from a catalog, photo, or
sketch. Your jeweler might be able to submit the design to a designer who uses CAD
software
to help you envision the design before doing the actual work.

Jeff Averbook,GG
graduate gemologist since 1986

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results